It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is House Committee Chairman ELIJAH CUMMINGS Too Arrogant To Admit He Screwed Up?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nothing to do with arrogance...He just doesn't care...His objective was met...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: rickymouse

So are you saying that Trump May make huge mistakes in the hiring process? Cause if so he has made many mistakes that directly effect his view of hiring.
That should reflect greatly on most if not all people.
If he can easily make these mistakes, what does that say about him?
A bad decision maker? And what implications does that have on his credibility?
IMO a lot rides on that and also says much about his credibility.

He is a typical power hungry business man and/or politician. Many high ranking government officials also surround themselves with yes men and women too. This is not a Trump exclusive, examine Hillary, Obama, and most politicians, they all do it. So do the heads of most government programs, including the military.

You need to understand these kinds of people are all over the place, even in religion. You have sheep and goats, Goats rule the sheep. When I joined my fraternity, I went through hell week as a Goat. You are trained to be a goat, go through hell then when you are accepted, you can control others by intimidation because you have been conditioned to be able to do that. Big colleges like Harvard train people to control others utilizing Ad Hominum techniques, That is why most of the presidents and high ranking officials have degrees from prestigious colleges.

We are pawns, I have been trained as a goat but did not like all of the aspects of being a goat so I started my own business so I could pick and choose how I wanted to run it. I am a lousy deceiver, I would rather tell people the truth as I know it and I usually do not say much unless I research something well. examining many variances of side effects of what I say. But, I am only human, I can be wrong once in a while too, it is hard to comprehend what is real vs. what is consensus of the time on things. Consensus of the time is that people are trained to control others and they surround themselves with yes men who are supposed to do things so they can get away with something legally. Cohen failed. Cohen could have told trump no, Trump has shown that he does accept no if there is an acceptable reason for no.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

It's that he has no shame.

nor do you... you throw lies out almost every time you speak.... you have no shame

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

What's interesting is that many lawyers do things that aren't 100% legal, but the system (which is run by lawyers) protects them. Cohen was exposed solely because he was associated with the target of an international witch-hunt.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
What did cohen lie about?

Was it a lie or just twisting of words to mean multiple things?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Okay, that's new news to me, but I've been otherwise preoccupied.

However, here comes the mental gymnastics...

Cohen asked his attorney at the time, Stephen Ryan, to meet with Rudy Giuliani about the possibility of a pardon shortly after an FBI raid on his home and offices in the early summer of 2018, Davis said.

Mobsta code. Cohen himself, never asked. Or, that could have been Cohen working at the behest of SDNY, or Mueller, to set a trap.

Trump said that "He" asked for a pardon.."And I said no", said Trump.

Perjury trap? Indeed/Maybe...
Things that make you go "hmmm"
For sure!

I am just starting to read this thread.
I heard from probably 25 different sources this week that Cohen had asked Trump for a pardon and then he lied about it in front of congress.
Why do you post nonsense when you are so incredibly uninformed?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

Cohen asked his attorney at the time, Stephen Ryan, to meet with Rudy Giuliani about the possibility of a pardon shortly after an FBI raid on his home and offices in the early summer of 2018, Davis said.

Mobsta code. Cohen himself, never asked. Or, that could have been Cohen working at the behest of SDNY, or Mueller, to set a trap.

For sure!

I heard from probably 25 different sources this week that Cohen had asked Trump for a pardon and then he lied about it in front of congress.

There are various interpretations to that question and various truthful answers that can be givin.

It is similar to how mueller got over on Mr. Flynn.

Word salads.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
The Cohen hearing was a violation of H Res. 138.
Ethics.
I've never seen a person from Cummings party that wasn't arrogant.

Just a basic search for Elijah Cummings's under Obama, shows he was involved in several conspiracies to hurt Republicans..but was protected by Obama's DOJ.

1. Cummings and IRS Targeted Conservatives: www.investors.com...

2. Cummings protected Hillary on Benghazi: www.businessinsider.com...

3. Little butt-hurt Elijah began targeting Donald Trump's life for investigation, just 2 weeks after Trump beat Hillary: www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

true.. and what about cohens new lies? ie WH job etc.. would that be enough to unseat little schiff? if he or his people coached lies?

this screams of sedition. sole purpose to slander & impeach the sitting President.

too bad Americans do not have any teeth these days.he wouldve been gone the next day in the good ol days..
edit on 9-3-2019 by reeferman because: spelling lol

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

So are you saying that Trump May make huge mistakes in the hiring process? Cause if so he has made many mistakes that directly effect his view of hiring.
That should reflect greatly on most if not all people.
If he can easily make these mistakes, what does that say about him?
A bad decision maker? And what implications does that have on his credibility?
IMO a lot rides on that and also says much about his credibility.

just so I fully understand what you are saying here, if a person hires someone, and they turn out to be douche bags, the person that hired them is forever scorned and shamed? I really need to hear this from you.

didn't the dems hire a software engineer that spied for another country?

originally posted by carewemust
Didn't Cummings say he cradled Martin Luther King in his arms, and watched him die? That could be when Cummings's personal integrity started declining.

IIRC that was Jessie Jackson
edit on 9-3-2019 by ElGoobero because: add relevant content

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

His attorney is currently going to jail for lying to Congress under oath.

Lying is only part of the reason that Cohen is going to prison. It's his taxi medallion business fraud that's burying him.

Cohen lied to Congress. No doubt. But the nature of these new accusations that he lied are premised on the fact that Trump is claiming that Cohen asked him directly for a pardon, not that his lawyers reached out looking at Cohen's options. The pardon process allows anyone to file for a pardon. The suggestion in Trump's statement is that Cohen and Trump discussed a pardon. Now we have a "he said/he said" situation. Cohen testified under oath that "he" never asked for a pardon. Trump wasn't under oath when he made his statement, and Trump has never been under oath when lied, which he does all the time. Trump is less credible than Cohen.

edit on 9-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
a reply to: carewemust

Nothing to do with arrogance...He just doesn't care...His objective was met...

Yes..his short-term objective. Cummings also proved that he has no respect for the Office of the President, unless that office is filled by someone he likes.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Lying is only part of the reason that Cohen is going to prison. It's his taxi medallion business fraud that's burying him.

The taxi deals made him ripe for Blackmail and coercion 😎

Cohen has his "overseers" and "commanders"

edit on Mar-09-2019 by xuenchen because: πŸ€“

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

For sure!

There are a decent number of ATS posters who are a microcosm of Democrat leaders, overall. They have something to say, and they say it. It doesn't matter that proof has already been presented which shoots down what they're claiming is true.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

For sure!

You heard from 25 sources that Trump said that Cohen asked him personally for a pardon.

You may have heard that Cohen's lawyers reached out, looking for Cohen's pardon options. Technically, Cohen didn't lie about that. He said that "he" never asked, not that his lawyers didn't ask. These are the kind of serious mental gymnastics that Jeff Sessions used to get out of his perjury accusation.

What's in question is Trump's version. Trump wasn't under oath when he made the statement, Cohen was. Let's put Trump under oath, and ask him about his conversation with Cohen about a pardon.

It's not illegal to ask for a pardon, even for Cohen. It is considered obstruction for the president to dangle the possibility of a pardon to coerce Cohen into not cooperating with law enforcement. Even William Barr confirmed that would be an impeachable offense.

Cohen doesn't really have a reason to say he didn't ask for a pardon, but Trump has every reason to deny that he and Cohen even talked about a pardon. But here he is making the claim! He's not thinking, he just wants Cohen to serve more time, so out of vengeance, by professing that he knows that Cohen lied, because he and Cohen talked about a pardon, he's trying to get Cohen in trouble and have to serve more time. More obstruction!

Now, we need to get Trump under oath and find out if he's telling the truth about talking to Cohen directly about a pardon, so we can add that obstruction charge to his articles of impeachment.

edit on 9-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ultimate Ballbuster

Executive Privilege 😎

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Ultimate Ballbuster

Executive Privilege 😎

If Trump wants to invoke executive privileged, he shouldn't have brought it up and out in the open. Either he discussed a pardon with Cohen, even if he flat out said "no", like he said, or he didn't.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
All senators, congress , judicial and Prez should have to take IQ tests , psychological monitoring as well as once a month eat a 15mg thc edible ! Now that’s beaurocatic bs I can get behind !

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
CUMMINGS has been caught! He's discriminating against members of his own committee!!

Holy Smokes: republicans-oversight.house.gov...

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CUMMINGS has been caught! He's discriminating against members of his own committee!!

Holy Smokes: republicans-oversight.house.gov...

Another "chalk-up" for Democrat "equality" 😎

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join