It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is House Committee Chairman ELIJAH CUMMINGS Too Arrogant To Admit He Screwed Up?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Who are you saying is dumber? Elijah Cummings, or Hank Johnson?

Adam Schiff said on CNN last week that Elijah Cummings speaks with "eloquence". So, at least he has that going for him.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: carewemust

Did Cohen lie? Trump said that Cohen asked him for a pardon. Cohen said he never asked, nor would he accept a pardon from DJTrump. So someone is lying, but who? One thing to consider, Cohen was under oath and Trump was not. So, lets get Trump under oath and ask him who is lying.

The mental gymnastics involved in that post gave me another great laugh tonight.. thank you!

Let's see who is lying... Decisions, decisions... OH!!! I'm going to go with the guy who is now going to jail for lying to Congress under oath.

edit on 8-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Adam Schiff said on CNN last week that Elijah Cummings speaks with "eloquence". So, at least he has that going for him.

By Adam's worldview, that just meant that Cummings is a better liar than he is.

Not a real high bar, because Schiff sucks at it.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

They're both protected equally by the 14th Amendment and the Bill of Rights 😎

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I know, I know...

DJTrump can't help but lie, which his attorney already confirmed. which leads us back which liar to believe.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Did Cohen lie? Trump said that Cohen asked him for a pardon. Cohen said he never asked, nor would he accept a pardon from DJTrump. So someone is lying, but who? One thing to consider, Cohen was under oath and Trump was not. So, lets get Trump under oath and ask him who is lying.

President Trump's statement is irrelevant, because Cohen's attorney (Lanny Davis) confirmed this week that Cohen lied under oath last week.

Michael Cohen, the former personal attorney and fixer for President Donald Trump, asked one of his attorneys last summer to inquire with an attorney representing the president about receiving a pardon, Cohen's spokesman Lanny Davis told ABC News Thursday.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

Republicans have already requested that the DOJ charge Michael Cohen with Perjury, based the lie he told last week. Elijah Cummings promised to do the same, but he's ignoring the clear evidence.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I know, I know...

DJTrump can't help but lie, which his attorney already confirmed. which leads us back which liar to believe.

His attorney is currently going to jail for lying to Congress under oath.

I typed that as slowly as I could and used the smallest words possible.

Hope that helped.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Well, it doesn't stop Dem's. So it must not be mutual respect.

I agree with having things on each other, but the few R's calling out don't seem to have that history.

And the D's seem to be very comfortable going to extremes and have no fear.

I wishfully think, maybe there is more honor and conscious among the R's but like I said "wishfully"

However, the Dem's rabid attack speaks to fear.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Okay, that's new news to me, but I've been otherwise preoccupied.

However, here comes the mental gymnastics...

Cohen asked his attorney at the time, Stephen Ryan, to meet with Rudy Giuliani about the possibility of a pardon shortly after an FBI raid on his home and offices in the early summer of 2018, Davis said.

Mobsta code. Cohen himself, never asked. Or, that could have been Cohen working at the behest of SDNY, or Mueller, to set a trap.

Trump said that "He" asked for a pardon.."And I said no", said Trump.

Perjury trap? Indeed/Maybe...
Things that make you go "hmmm"
For sure!

edit on 8-3-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

That's a tough call and a tight race to the bottom, I'm giving a slight edge to EC at the moment. Can we just go with dumb and dumber for the time being?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Okay, that's new news to me, but I've been otherwise preoccupied.

However, here comes the mental gymnastics...

Cohen asked his attorney at the time, Stephen Ryan, to meet with Rudy Giuliani about the possibility of a pardon shortly after an FBI raid on his home and offices in the early summer of 2018, Davis said.

Mobsta code. Cohen himself, never asked. Or, that could have been Cohen working at the behest of SDNY, or Mueller, to set a trap.

Trump said that "He" asked for a pardon.."And I said no", said Trump.

Perjury trap? Indeed/Maybe...
Things that make you go "hmmm"
For sure!

Um...

It's news to you that Cohen is going to jail for lying under oath?

But yet you are informed enough about the topic you are posting about to have an opinion?

Heh... Mobsta code.

edit on 8-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

That's a tough call and a tight race to the bottom, I'm giving a slight edge to EC at the moment. Can we just go with dumb and dumber for the time being?

The real punchline is:

They both have law degrees !!😳

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"Yet Cummings has NOT referred him to the Department of Justice, as promised."

Congresspersons promise many things. Historically they deliver on only 20% to 25% of those promises.

Why should Cummings start now?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well..Well. Look at who the first 2 complainers were, when President Trump requested SPYGATE documents to be declassified, in Sept 2018.

Representative Elijah Cummings of Maryland and Representative Jerrold Nadler of New York State, the ranking Democrats on the House oversight and judiciary committees, said in a statement that Mr. Trump’s actions were a “direct and frantic response” to Mr. Manafort’s recent guilty plea and co-operation agreement with Mr. Mueller.

“With the walls clearly closing in on him, President Trump is lashing out with this extraordinarily reckless and irresponsible release of classified information in a desperate attempt to distract from the seven guilty pleas and the mounting evidence of multiple criminal enterprises among his closest advisors!,” they said.
Source: www.theglobeandmail.com...

These two men are EXTREMELY GUILTY of something! You can "hear" it in their 2018 words, as non-chairmen, and "feel" it in their 2019 actions, as committee chairmen.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTruthRocks
"Yet Cummings has NOT referred him to the Department of Justice, as promised."

Congresspersons promise many things. Historically they deliver on only 20% to 25% of those promises.

Why should Cummings start now?

Cummings issued a statement in January promising to find enough evidence for Trump's impeachment. (Like Maxine Waters, He can never bring himself to say "President Trump")

Was he LYING then too?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
It would not be beneficial for Cummings to accept the fact that Cohen lied, it would make Cummings look like an idiot for believing Cohen wouldn't lie. When trump mentioned that Cohen had come to him to get a pardon, it involved Cohens lawyers contacting White house lawyers, Trump probably said no to his lawyers and they relayed the message. Cohen might not have personally asked for a pardon, but I am sure he was informed of what his lawyers did, after all, he states that Trump was informed about everything he did. Seems that Cohens Lawyers might be acting without his knowledge in his defense just like Cohen probably did to try to negotiate for Trump, Lawyers tend to do stuff like that I suppose, but most do not take actual action like Cohen did without informing their client in advance.

I think maybe Cohen did things without even asking Trump or informing Trump of the legality of things. He blames this on Trump, Trump probably believed that Cohen was fixing things to meet the law but he wasn't. Cohen is a well paid lawyer, he is supposed to get things done legally and in the best legal interest of the person he is working for. If he was afraid of Trump, he should have quit or just told him he should not do things certain ways, other lawyers and Trump's staff would tell him he could not do things certain ways, that he had to think of a legal way to get things done.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

So are you saying that Trump May make huge mistakes in the hiring process? Cause if so he has made many mistakes that directly effect his view of hiring.
That should reflect greatly on most if not all people.
If he can easily make these mistakes, what does that say about him?
A bad decision maker? And what implications does that have on his credibility?
IMO a lot rides on that and also says much about his credibility.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

originally posted by: Guyfriday

originally posted by: liveandlearn

He either went off script or had some R's through questions at him that were not anticipated.

From CTH

Adding further evidence toward this insufferable scheme, reports are now surfacing that HPSCI Chairman Adam Schiff dispatched his staff members to coach Michael Cohen on his testimony on four occasions (in New York), prior to his congressional appearance, totaling more than 10 hours. Again, everything is rehearsed and scripted.

Is this even legal?

It speaks to desperation.

Meanwhile we wait for Potus/Doj/repubs to go through proper protocol.

Do it already.

Isn't that also tampering with the witness?

Sure seems like it..

Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies.

To be charged with witness tampering in the United States, the attempt to alter or prevent testimony is sufficient.

There is no requirement that the intended obstruction of justice be completed.[1]
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Who would refer Adam Schiff to the DOJ for investigation of WITNESS TAMPERING???

Doubt the Repub's will do it. They have stood by for decades and let this go on.

Tho they have been more aggressive the past year, you have to wonder WHAT is holding them back?

The public Has to see what they are capable of before change can be inplemented. This is why (I presume) Trump has passed down the order not to interfere with the enemy ceremonially hanging themselves.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The Cohen hearing was a violation of H Res. 138.

Ethics.

I've never seen a person from Cummings party that wasn't arrogant.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: rickymouse

So are you saying that Trump May make huge mistakes in the hiring process? Cause if so he has made many mistakes that directly effect his view of hiring.
That should reflect greatly on most if not all people.
If he can easily make these mistakes, what does that say about him?
A bad decision maker? And what implications does that have on his credibility?
IMO a lot rides on that and also says much about his credibility.

just so I fully understand what you are saying here, if a person hires someone, and they turn out to be douche bags, the person that hired them is forever scorned and shamed? I really need to hear this from you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join