It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is House Committee Chairman ELIJAH CUMMINGS Too Arrogant To Admit He Screwed Up?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Friday, March 8, 2019

Michael Cohen is reporting to prison in May, to begin serving a 3 year sentence. LYING TO CONGRESS is one of the crimes he was indicted for.

However, House Oversight Committee Chairman ELIJAH CUMMINGS was certain that President Trump's former personal Attorney would deliver at least one HUGE BOMBSHELL against his former client (Donald J. Trump), during his public testimony to the committee.

In fact, Cummings was SO certain, that he worked with House leader Nancy Pelosi to have Michael Cohen testify on the same day that President Trump was holding a historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jung-Un. (Wednesday Feb 27, 2019)

Cunning Cummings wanted that important summit "overshadowed" by the bombshell(s) Cohen would be delivering. (It worked too. CNN and MSNBC devoted 95% of their airtime to Cohen. Only 10% to the U.S. NK summit.)

As it turns out, Michael Cohen lied multiple times to Elijah Cumming's committee, during his 7 hours of testimony last week.

Knowing that Cohen has lied under oath before, here is what Cummings promised, just 1 hour before Cohen's Feb 27th testimony commenced:

“I have made it abundantly clear to Mr. Cohen, that if he comes here today and does not tell the truth, tell us the truth, I will be the first one to refer those untruthful statements to DOJ,” stated Cummings.

“So. when people say he doesn’t have anything to lose, he does have a lot to lose if he lies!”

It has been 10 days since Michael Cohen LIED AGAIN to Congress. Yet Cummings has NOT referred him to the Department of Justice, as promised. His colleagues in Congress are now asking, "Why have you not followed through on your promise, chairman Cummings?".

Congressman Jim Jordan seized on the lack of follow through on Cummings part, by asking the chairman what he plans to do to hold Cohen accountable.

According to Jordan, Cohen has lied to the Oversight Committee at least seven times on a wide range of topics, including his alleged request for a presidential pardon.

Congressman Cummings's Response:

While speaking to reporters Thursday, Cummings said he needs more time to determine if there is any evidence Cohen may have committed perjury during his testimony last week.
FULL ARTICLE AT: www.oann.com...

As the article points out, it's been proven that Michael Cohen lied to Cummings' House Oversight Committee. Is Cummings not believing this proof?

Or, is he too arrogant to admit he was not only snookered (by Cohen), but screwed up, in using a convicted felon to overshadow a Presidential summit with North Korea?

-CareWeMust
edit on 3/8/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

He's not upset that Cohen lied at all.

It's what Democrats do to get things done.

He's upset that Cohen didn't lie about the right things.

You know, the things needed to open up 45 other investigations.

Instead it only opened up a few.

Pretty sure Nancy will give him a spanking and some quiet time.

But it's not his arrogance that is in the way here...

It's that he has no shame.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

He either went off script or had some R's throw questions at him that were not anticipated.

From CTH

Adding further evidence toward this insufferable scheme, reports are now surfacing that HPSCI Chairman Adam Schiff dispatched his staff members to coach Michael Cohen on his testimony on four occasions (in New York), prior to his congressional appearance, totaling more than 10 hours. Again, everything is rehearsed and scripted.

Is this even legal?

It speaks to desperation.

Meanwhile we wait for Potus/Doj/repubs to go through proper protocol.

Do it already.
edit on 8-3-2019 by liveandlearn because: spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

He either went off script or had some R's through questions at him that were not anticipated.

From CTH

Adding further evidence toward this insufferable scheme, reports are now surfacing that HPSCI Chairman Adam Schiff dispatched his staff members to coach Michael Cohen on his testimony on four occasions (in New York), prior to his congressional appearance, totaling more than 10 hours. Again, everything is rehearsed and scripted.

Is this even legal?

Do it already.

Isn't that also tampering with the witness?

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

It's just By Any Means Necessary.

So it would only be brought up as witness tampering and obstruction of justice if a Republican did it.

Hope that helped...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Dang Lumenari. You said it much better than I could have.

Maybe not the legal answer but the real life answer.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

"Cummings has no shame". I hadn't thought of that. In other words, he's "morally bankrupt".

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Schiff coached Cohen for 10 hours before his scheduled testimony? Hopefully the Senate Intel committee asked Cohen about this! Sounds like "witness tampering" to me.
edit on 3/8/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

He either went off script or had some R's through questions at him that were not anticipated.

From CTH

Is this even legal?

Do it already.

Sure seems like it..

Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies.

To be charged with witness tampering in the United States, the attempt to alter or prevent testimony is sufficient.

There is no requirement that the intended obstruction of justice be completed.[1]
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Who would refer Adam Schiff to the DOJ for investigation of WITNESS TAMPERING???

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Cummings is an Uncle Tom, what else would any of you expect..?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Well I guess it's pretty obvious that Cummings really doesn't care about lying to Congress.....unless it helps hurt Trump.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Cummings played a big part in the attempted Lois Lerner cover-up too even after it was exposed 100%.

Chairman Cummings has never been officially crowned as the sharpest pencil in the box 😎 can't imagine why.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Didn't Cummings say he cradled Martin Luther King in his arms, and watched him die? That could be when Cummings's personal integrity started declining.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
Well I guess it's pretty obvious that Cummings really doesn't care about lying to Congress.....unless it helps hurt Trump.

Cummings went out of his way to get Michael Cohen rescheduled on the same day as the US/NK summit too. I'm not sure if that makes him "childish", "evil", or both.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Guyfriday

From CTH

Is this even legal?

Do it already.

Sure seems like it..

Witness tampering is the act of attempting to alter or prevent the testimony of witnesses within criminal or civil proceedings. Laws regarding witness tampering also apply to proceedings before the U.S. Congress, executive departments, and administrative agencies.

To be charged with witness tampering in the United States, the attempt to alter or prevent testimony is sufficient.

There is no requirement that the intended obstruction of justice be completed.[1]
Source: en.wikipedia.org...

Who would refer Adam Schiff to the DOJ for investigation of WITNESS TAMPERING???

Doubt the Repub's will do it. They have stood by for decades and let this go on.

Tho they have been more aggressive the past year, you have to wonder WHAT is holding them back?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Can't we just give him and a few other dems I can think of a one way ticket to Guam, put them to one side and have them jump up and down till the island capsizes?

I'm truly surprised the guy can even spell the word congress, yet alone be a congressional chairman. EC is dumber than a box of rocks

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm not sure if Cummings was ELECTED or APPOINTED as chairman of House Oversight committee. Either way, it was a mistake. I don't think he's done much of anything before, or since the Feb 27th Cohen testimony.

Maxine Waters can't even get her House Finance Committee into 1st gear. She promised a full-on attack of Trump family and business finances. But I think she's in over her head as that committee's chairwoman. Finances are complicated!

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Did Cohen lie? Trump said that Cohen asked him for a pardon. Cohen said he never asked, nor would he accept a pardon from DJTrump. So someone is lying, but who? One thing to consider, Cohen was under oath and Trump was not. So, lets get Trump under oath and ask him who is lying.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Usually when a Congressman is hesitant to call out a colleague, even on the other side of the aisle, it's due to mutual respect, or knowing that he/she is guilty too.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"Cummings has no shame". I hadn't thought of that. In other words, he's "morally bankrupt".

If you have to live your life and gain power by using hypocrisy as a primary tool, then of course you have no shame.

It's just part of what you have to do to make your world a better place!

I mean honestly... can you point to a Democratic leader that isn't morally bankrupt?

They're so crooked they have to screw their socks on in the morning.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join