It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China trade data - %20.7 drop in exports

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The China trade war is really heating up, China is feeling the pressure. This is probably why they start printing money.

China on Friday reported worse than expected trade data for the month of February, customs data showed amid Beijing’s trade dispute with the U.S.
February dollar-denominated exports fell 20.7 percent, compared to an expected 4.8 percent fall.
February dollar-denominated imports fell 5.2 percent, compared to an expected 1.4 percent fall.
China’s overall trade surplus for the month came to $4.12 billion — much weaker than an expected $26.38 billion.

Expect major market volatility. Personally I think news of an actual trade deal with put us back into bull market territory (for a short period of time).

Keep your eye on this because this is going to hit our markets and probably hard. See what happens Monday.

I don't have anything else to add other than tracking this issue.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
The China trade war is really heating up, China is feeling the pressure. This is probably why they start printing money.

China on Friday reported worse than expected trade data for the month of February, customs data showed amid Beijing’s trade dispute with the U.S.
February dollar-denominated exports fell 20.7 percent, compared to an expected 4.8 percent fall.
February dollar-denominated imports fell 5.2 percent, compared to an expected 1.4 percent fall.
China’s overall trade surplus for the month came to $4.12 billion — much weaker than an expected $26.38 billion.

Expect major market volatility. Personally I think news of an actual trade deal with put us back into bull market territory (for a short period of time).

Keep your eye on this because this is going to hit our markets and probably hard. See what happens Monday.

I don't have anything else to add other than tracking this issue.

I've heard we're looking at some down times coming.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Oh you better believe it.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My only question is I'd these coming down times are hard enough to take down the Fed.

The US dollar crashing would be on par for my story, I'm taking gone the bacon and have plenty in the bank for the first time in my life.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

the dollar isn't going to crash ignore that mythology, at the top of the market you want to be in commodities like gold and silver, mining stocks are my favorite

ride the wave down, cash out on the way down, stay liquid and buy into real hard assets when we reach the bottom ride the next wave up

retire
edit on 8-3-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What is the normal downturn for wintertime?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I don't know if a trade deal announcement would put us back into a bull market.

Maybe it would, but like you said 'short' would be the duration.

I think things may have just tipped too far, and we are going over the edge.

I have thought this same thing before though … and have so far been wrong consistently for the last 10 years every single time

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Coupled with this forensic report on just how much of a paper tiger China really is and we have a recipe for a serious downturn....In China. If Trump keeps up the fight, we will crush them economically.

They did this to themselves.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Coupled with this forensic report on just how much of a paper tiger China really is and we have a recipe for a serious downturn....In China. If Trump keeps up the fight, we will crush them economically.

But if they crash, we crash.

Sure, things will get cheaper for us.... But we sell a lot to them, too. And we'd have to adjust our prices for them to be able to afford our stuff, slightly.

Less trade is bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

If China goes back into QE we do

The only solution is to devalue the dollar to make trade more equitable

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

This is probably why they start printing money.

Everybody been printin money B. Everyone has ctrl+P held down and are trying to keep everything afloat at the same time.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

We will not crash just because they do. Our industrial capacity is enormous.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

we need them to buy though, China also purchases a boat load of resources

overall a shift away from China buying everyones # will be a good thing, deflation is very scary short term but great for us (our age group) long term

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

We do need them to buy, which is what is happening. The trade deficit is going to start shrinking dramatically here soon as a result of this.

Deflation or no, I will still be in BTC land watching the turmoil unfold on the built in TV on my Lambo.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The Chinese manipulating their currency by pegging it to the dollar 6 to 1 is why all the factories in US and Mexico closed. And all the factories closing in Mexico is why we have such a bad immigration problem.

The Chinese need to float the Yuan instead of pegging. Pegging the Yuan is an unfair trading practice.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

If China crashes so does America economically, majority of all products are Chinese, this wont China forever but it will hurt America economically badly.

MEGA bad.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
So, do I buy my Yuan now or wait it out until July when I need it?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

that's why we need to crush them

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

where is the LB right now?

Forex market is killer stay in the dollar or LB until China stops QE then move into the Yuan while the dollar corrects and move back

Forex FTW

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

majority of all products are Chinese

This is not the case.

It feels like everything we buy comes from China. In fact, less than 3 percent of personal spending in the U.S. goes to China, according to a new report from the SF Fed.

That's partly because most personal spending goes to things like health care and housing that are, by definition, produced in the U.S.

Please read the rest of this article, it's very interesting. They have a lot of stuff here, but we're not buy much of it compared to our own stuff.
edit on 8 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join