It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so my uncle may get 16 years in prision

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
hello everyone, so my uncle and his so called friend robbed 2 stores, one two times, with machetes.the canadian swat arrested him and his friend at home.they would not have had enough proof if his friend did not rat on him but he did to get a deal, now hes out walking and my uncle may get 16 years. i will miss him, he was not perfect and had a wrap sheet a mile long but overall he was a nice person, to me atleast, i remember us playing airsoft around the house when i was young, but like i said he was not perfect.

what are your thoughts?
edit on 8-3-2019 by theboarman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theboarman

Don't do the crime if you're aren't willing to do the time.

Also, sounds like your uncle probably been surrounded by the wrong crowed, his 'friend' allegedly ratted him out. No honor among thieves.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
How long were the machetes ? 😎

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Not to be cruel, but he deserves it.

A wrap sheet a mile long and robbery with deadly weapons where some innocent could get hurt?

Lock em up please. I'm a Canadian and a restricted firearm owner. You're lucky he didn't try and rob me.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The store owner is a person running a business.

He robbed them with a weapon.

15 years is a great deal compared to a lethal response warranted when you endanger people with weapons for greed, or otherwise. We all deserve to not be killed.

Maybe he can change, maybe he can get out for good behavior and maybe he stops threatening people.

Maybe you could be his "pen pal" and help lead him the right direction, by being a good influence.

Sorry for your loss.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Don't do the crime if you can't handle the time.

Thats the saying.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theboarman
hello everyone, so my uncle and his so called friend robbed 2 stores, one two times, with machetes.the canadian swat arrested him and his friend at home.they would not have had enough proof if his friend did not rat on him but he did to get a deal, now hes out walking and my uncle may get 16 years. i will miss him, he was not perfect and had a wrap sheet a mile long but overall he was a nice person, to me atleast, i remember us playing airsoft around the house when i was young, but like i said he was not perfect.

what are your thoughts?

My thoughts are when a criminal gets caught they should pay the price for their selfish , cowardly behavior.

It's ridiculous every time I see someone on TV talking about their relative that was just found guilty of crime X saying "we dont believe it, they were so nice" FFS you actually openly say "had a rap sheet a mile long" what did you expect to happen to a criminal getting arrested ?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Lucky he's not dead. If he had been killed, no one but you would mourn.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

what are your thoughts?

I've had family members do some time. My cousin (who was like a younger brother) just got out after a 7 year bid for drugs. A friend was a CI snitched on him. Feds thought my cuz knew some higher up dealers because he worked at a nightclub that was owned by an associate of a known major dealer's operation, but he didn't.

Anyway, he deserved time. Made his bed, so he had to lay in it.

The biggest thing I can tell you though is visit / contact him as much as you can. My cuz was a very social guy and thought he had a lot of "friends". Anyway, not a single one of his friends visited. The only visitors he got the entire 7 years were me and his dad. It really woke him up to how flaky people can be when you are down and out.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Lock him up and throw away the key. He is not worthy of your admiration.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

but overall he was a nice person

No....no he wasn't. He robbed someone with a machete, he's a piece of #.
edit on 8/3/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

My brother has robbed 28 banks and several convenience stores, has three escapes from provincial prisons, and has spent 21 of his 40 years behind bars. Honestly, his life needs to be made into a movie. He's responsible for a Canadian bylaw that prevents banks from being put into new malls unless the bank wants to cover the increased insurance and he also robbed 13 of the 28 banks while the cops stood outside with no clue of what was going on because he had just robbed the bank across the street.

The very first robbery was a convenience store where his friend that helped him ratted him out. It went double black diamond downhill from there.

My sympathies for you and your family. Stay strong and support as much as you can but NEVER bring anything in for him.

Also, if you visit, wipe down your ID, belt buckle and stuff with rubbing alcohol. The drug sniffer machine at a penitentiary is notoriously #ty and the guards can make your day a living hell if they find anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

My brother went to jail for child molestation.
In my opinion he wasnt in long enough.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
He'll be out in 6.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Just tell him don't pick up the soap in the shower.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
He'll be out in 6.

Sadly, this is probably true. This is after all the Canadian injustice system we're talking about.

The shop owner he robbed will probably get more time for looking at your uncle funny.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Just tell him don't pick up the soap in the shower.

I got $50.00 says they turn him out.

Remember, it’s not real gay if you’re in jail.

Good riddance, he could of killed someone.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A mile long rap sheet means he hurt a lot of people.
Many of these people may be affected for life.

Too bad they don't have the three strike rule.
He is not a nice guy, he's a scum bag.
Your family should disown him.
There are social consequences for crime.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

He was wrong. I’m sorry for you. Send him books if you can.

I think it’s wrong when someone who also committed the crime can rat and walk. Yeah, yeah I know; they want a conviction; but in this day and age can they really not prove it without letting another criminal (who may be even worse than they know walk free)?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
people can be "nice" to the ones they love.

Doesn't mean they are good.

Robbing people with a machete seems like a poor decision. Maybe he will learn his lesson in jail.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join