It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US repeatedly defeated in high end wargames

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I should’ve read the article. Lol

At the time I couldn’t a neighbor needed a ride from the grocery store. Couldn’t turn her down she’s in her 80s . 😇

I decided to pull over and read it . It is hard to tell what the odds were. Did NATO get involved? Did Japan, South Korea or India? On top of just about every other country in Southeast Asia. If the dragon moves southeast Asia and the subcontinent would tremble .

I hope we get more details about this and it ends up being a exercise for a worst-case scenario .

Have you seen this article ?

Not sure of the source it’s first time I’ve seen it. But it’s echoes the opinion i’ve had for a while.

“ the dog that barks the loudest has the least “

www.strategypage.com...

Double post I screwed that up. That should teach me for pulling over on the side of the road and hurrying .
edit on 8-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

US will not win because they don't have a Chinese General. That is a fact. "If I had Chinese Generals, Canadian Commanders, American technology I would destroy the world." Keep planning against China will do you no good.

Ummmm........what????

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Not surprising. Our education system sucks. Teachers are underpaid. And the schools lack basic funding.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

My brother worked for a company that worked networks for everyone from government contractors to the NSA. The stories he's told me blew my mind. The attitude towards cybersecurity is laughable at best.

I knew a guy a few years ago that got to sit in on one of these exercises. He was horrified. In every scenario, no matter how it started, Russian forces had air superiority within a week at most.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Que?

CBS

Circa 2013 we topped the globe on money spent per student, so how exactly do schools lack basic funding.

If you want to say the Department of education fails epically when it comes to allocating funds, and tracking how its spent, and being transparent about it, I am with you 100%.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I believe it, I decided to focus on IT instead of going pure cyber and I am having issues getting work (yet people with a non tech degree routinely get hired by a friend... grrr)... and when I point out issues to com sq to try and address some glaring issues I get told to shut up and get in line since I am just a crew chief.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

The bigger the army is the bigger the logistics nightmare is.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

US will not win because they don't have a Chinese General. That is a fact. "If I had Chinese Generals, Canadian Commanders, American technology I would destroy the world." Keep planning against China will do you no good.

How much hands-on battle experience does that Chinese general have ? Even though we fought inferior enemies our Colonels and generals have it in spades .

I’ll agree with you on Canada if the soldiers fought like they did in World War II . They were fearless .

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

How much hands-on battle experience does that Chinese general have ? Even though we fought inferior enemies our Colonels and generals have it in spades .

I’ll agree with you on Canada if the soldiers fought like they did in World War II . They were fearless .

All great Generals come from China. Heck Chinese soldiers during WW2 when Japanese invaded they didn't even have battle experience and completely stalled the hell out of Japan. It even took 8 nations to make ports on Qing Empire. Japanese first invasion also failed hard badly. It is not all about combat experience. Read up on Ancient China. Read up on Western wars. Who do you think had the most and best generals? It was China. Mao during Korean War pushed America back fast and efficient. The only thing that stopped China going further South in Korean war was technological superiority. Even Soviet Union didn't want to go too far into China back then.

The reason why Mongol Empire got so huge that fast is because Genghis Khan didn't slaughter the Chinese like crazy. He merged them into the army and had help from the Chinese to push that far. His death was the main reason why Eastern Europe was saved. Read up about Frankish and Mongol alliance during that time. Even the French knows. Napolean said don't mess with China for it will move the world like no other. That is why the Yellow Vest are protesting today because they know how to do things right. Compare to what US is doing right now.

US on the hand is doing the exact opposite of the warnings.
edit on 8-3-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
lol not sure how that’s a fact.
a reply to: makemap

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yeah except from the 1920s-1940s japan rocked the sh$t out of China, including setting up the large colony of Manchuko in northeast China. Rape of Nanking, concentration camps, etc.

I fear for Japan if China takes them in a war. When I lived in China, many Chinese people I knew still hated Japan with a passion. To be fair, to my knowledge Japan still hasn’t apologized for wwii atrocities.

Also, China got dominated by Europe such as during the opium wars.

That doesn’t mean China isn’t formidable, but your history isn’t quite accurate especially in recent times.

edit on 8-3-2019 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

The country that spends by far and away more money than any other country in the world on military and this is what they have to show?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I blame the women and gays being open about things.

No matter though cause we have equality. Who needs to win anyhow when we can feel good in defeat.

Yes i am sexist and homophobic when it comes to battle.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
How come the left doesn't want to increase the military superiority?

The claims of Russian collusion would mean they see Russia is a threat no?

I would think we as Americans would not want to fall behind.

Just study the history of those two, China and Russia, we don't want to live in world were they have the upper hand.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The big test of the mandate that Russian ISPs have the technical means to disconnect from the rest of the world and reroute internet traffic through exchange points managed by Roskomnadzor, Russia’s telecommunications and media regulator might prove interesting. Traceroute will just make 8 or 9 hops and freeze when it enters Runet? So this could be about network *and* aircraft superiority?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
Yeah except from the 1920s-1940s japan rocked the sh$t out of China, including setting up the large colony of Manchuko in northeast China. Rape of Nanking, concentration camps, etc.

I fear for Japan if China takes them in a war. When I lived in China, many Chinese people I knew still hated Japan with a passion. To be fair, to my knowledge Japan still hasn’t apologized for wwii atrocities.

Also, China got dominated by Europe such as during the opium wars.

That doesn’t mean China isn’t formidable, but your history isn’t quite accurate especially in recent times.

China was a backwards and disunited nation back then. Today they are one of the world's great powers.

Plus I think you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't hate Japan in Asia...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: nightbringr

The problem is that the biggest chunk of that money goes into infrastructure and operations. Our military is still geared to fight the way it was in the 90s. Instead of going smaller and more effective, they want to go for the sledgehammer approach.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The Japanese won the first Sino- Japanese war .

The Japanese invaded Manchuria in 1937 and still held it in 1945 despite fighting America at the same time . They were outnumbered around 4 to 1 ( millions) . China had around 14 million casualties the Japanese had about a half million .

Japan surrendered because of the nuclear bombs and the Soviet invasion of part of Mongolia.

The nationalist army was corrupt which left them short on material and spoke volumes about their leadership . Do you remember Chiang Kai-shek’s nickname?

The communist army had some initial success but got their ass handed to them and had to resorted to mainly asymmetric warfare .

Kublai Khan captured China not Genghis Khan.

Genghis Khan wasn’t alive during the third and last Mongolian invasion of Europe. The Polish southern and central fronts held. And the polish Lancers defeated the Mongol army on the northern front . (That explains why the Poles charged tanks during World War II. (esprit de corps)

In Korea the Chinese used absolutely no strategy. They resorted to human wave attacks where US soldiers claimed only one in three were armed. There casualties were huge in comparison to American . ( I can’t remember a general number )

in case you didn’t notice as I was growing up World War II was a obsession for me . Lol

At one point I read James Michener’s Poland and got interested in the east west conflict in Europe during 13th century .

Without a doubt one thing the Chinese have going for them now is very significant. I’m pretty sure they finally got a handle on corruption in the military after 4000 years . That will help their military immensely .

Cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As long as our sub fleet is at sea, I sleep just fine.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
That’s not relevant to my point. The person I responded to was essentializing Chinese generals as some kind of historic wonder. I was pointing out that in recent history not too long ago China didn’t fair well. Yes there are a lot of reasons for that.
a reply to: Ohanka

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join