It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Mentality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
We all seem to get very caught up in what an alien may look like. The differing potential places that they may come from would certainly mean different physical aspects. Would there, however, be a much greater more fundamental difference in the way they think. Different set of rules that may bring about their evolution may influence the way they think so as to be incompatible with our own. Could we even begin to relate to them?

We have had a relatively mild evolutionary process but what would wildy varing extremes do to the way they may think and operate?

[Edited on 7-7-2003 by cassini]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Who says we could even DETECT them, our scientist may be approaching this situation all wrong, we assume that all life has to have the same mentality, look, and essence of what we have here on earth, who says that there aren't intelligent gas clouds? Or things we can't even begin to explain? I think that we would make the human mistake of trying to interpret there mentality in our views, which would be a disaster. They may be more advanced or even less advanced then we are. Or perhaps they "think" in a completely different way then we do, perhaps they are a collective, or possibly too different from us to interpret.

Who knows, but I am sure someday some of us will find out.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't think I personally could even begin to know how they tick..To understand something that some don't even think exists, is just not possible at all. We may think we have an idea of what they look like, from movies and such, but to know how they think...is a different ball game altogether. I've had my bouts I believe, of beings, whether it be in dreams, or life or all in my mind..and I can't even begin fathom what they want, why they come here and why they remain behind the scenes and why they have such a huge fixation with humans and are able to come to us, so freely. But I can almost guarantee that they certainly know way more about us then we know about them.
Magestica

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
i always figured it like this.... can you explain yourself to a cockroach? if they are a lot more intelligent than us... how would they explain themselves to us? meaning we were the equivelent to the cockroach haha

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If they come from a harsh, rough, environment, they will probably be hostile. If they come from a place where natural resources are good and everything is civilized, they have the possibilty to be friendly, but we really don't know until they come.

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
until they come? hahaha

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shining Wizard
Who says we could even DETECT them, our scientist may be approaching this situation all wrong, we assume that all life has to have the same mentality, look, and essence of what we have here on earth, who says that there aren't intelligent gas clouds? Or things we can't even begin to explain? I think that we would make the human mistake of trying to interpret there mentality in our views, which would be a disaster. They may be more advanced or even less advanced then we are. Or perhaps they "think" in a completely different way then we do, perhaps they are a collective, or possibly too different from us to interpret.

Who knows, but I am sure someday some of us will find out.

How true. Who knows, maybe ghosts are aliens. It could be that spirits are not only us...

Note: This post makes me an "Active Member!" (and after all this time too.
)

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by Cammo Dude]

posted on Jul, 7 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
...honestly...I'm not overly fussed about Alien Mentality...

...I don't care too much what they think, don't care too much about the whys and hows...

...the only thing going through their 'minds' that would interest me is a nice solid .308 slug...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I don't really care either. I don't even believe in aliens. I just like to throw in ideas and sometimes show people the obvious.

(4/\/\/\/\0 |)|_||)3

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Maybe this will help.....Alien Types....with descriptions

bjbooth.topcities.com...

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Although I personally do not believe in aliens from Zeta Reticuli (I have my own idea about who aliens are), but here are some thoughts. Any species who can build space ships will have certain thought processes similar to humans - that is the use of technology. Technological species should always recognize each other - they would both use advanced forms of tool making and useage. (In short when a space going race encountered another space going race, the thought process would be: We have space ships, they have space ships, we have a common ground for communication, we both build space ships.) Just a simple exchange of how the tools are named, would form a basis for communication. Aslo the use of abstract mathematical concepts would be similar.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
...it could be quite possible that some forms of aliens are in fact ghosts to us. Maybe I should look into this...

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I think it would depend on the race, I think past the type of aliens that we see on tv, (GREY's)
Im sure thiers billions upon billions of countless races out their. Who have built thier own cultures, and maybe even religions.
Thiers no telling what thier minds may be like.
They could be just like us.
Deep

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If you are going to ask about the mentality of an alien, you first have to break it down like you are discussing the mentality of a man you have never met before from a country you have never heard of. First, what do you know about him? Nothing, except for the fact that he is living, breathing organism that comes from a place.There is noway of knowing if he's a super-intelligent person, a brute, an ass, and so on. Now if an alien is indeed a living being, that tells you several things. A) They have instincts, as do all forms of life, no matter how evolved. B) Unless their spacecraft are living organisms, they have to be created, signifying a great degree of intelligence, and some level of civilization. And C) Until there is more evidence of ET's, their culture, and their true purpose on earth (if there is one at all), it will be pure speculation for anyone of us to guess at what lines their true mentality lies between.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
How do we know they breathe, or see? We ASSUME they do that because creatures of this planet do so. We could be so far off it's ridiculous. The most DANGEROUS thing we can do is assume they think, walk, talk, or feel like we do, it could get us killed.

I for one would love to know the truth.....

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
We as a people can make all the ridiculous conclusions that we like, but there is a pretty famous quote about assumptions which i feel applies directly to this topic.

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by goregrinder]

join