It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

It's not about the cost, actually.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Guyfriday

Since that doesn't happen in this country for some reason, extreme measures need to be put into place to protect the few voters that do take the time to vote.

That makes no sense. Unless you want fewer people to vote.

Could you expand on this thought of yours?

Sure the notion of "extreme measures" could frighten away people in this context I am referring to mandating that voters to present photo IDs when voting. I am referring it as an "extreme measure" since for some weird reason certain people think that photo ID shouldn't be needed for voting, but should be required for nearly everything else.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I am referring it as an "extreme measure" since for some weird reason certain people think that photo ID shouldn't be needed for voting, but should be required for nearly everything else.

Like buying groceries?

No, I get it. The presumption is that you are not who you say you are. And that you are willing to commit a felony in order to vote. I get it.
edit on 3/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr4c0n
So basically the premise of the thread is foreseeing the future and thought crimes.

An illegal immigrant might use a fake ID to vote. Foreseeing Since

An illegal might get the idea to use this law to vote. Thought Crime

Both are based on the idea that it may, could or will happen if bill is passed.

Already happening.

Illegals like to use children's SSNs since they won't be using them for some time.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

It's not about the cost, actually.

Well, what is it then, Phage?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Requiring ID's hasn't prevented people from voting.

Correct. Not those who can provide the required ID. Those who can't, on the other hand...

Who cant provide ID and why?

I dont know anyone who votes that does not have an ID.
edit on 9 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

I am referring it as an "extreme measure" since for some weird reason certain people think that photo ID shouldn't be needed for voting, but should be required for nearly everything else.

Like buying groceries?

No, I get it. The presumption is that you are not who you say you are. I get it.

First I saw that you posted this:

Requiring ID's hasn't prevented people from voting.

Correct. Not those who can provide the required ID. Those who can't, on the other hand...

So let's talk about this first;
Driver's License or State ID isn't out of reach for anybody in the US, so why can't it be required for Voting?

Ok so the quib about buying groceries. If you intend to pay with a check, or if you are paying with a credit card some places will ask to see a picture ID. With this bit in mind, why should people voting get a pass because they presented a paper with "I am who I say I am" written on it as acceptable?

***EDITED PART BELOW***

I just read your edit. If a person is willing to commit a felony by being in the country illegally, why would voting illegally be a stretch?

edit on 9-3-2019 by Guyfriday because: edited due to late response

link   

It's about being able to provide documentation. You know, birth certificates and stuff.

Your papers, please.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

It's about being able to provide documentation. You know, birth certificates and stuff.

Your papers, please.

If its not about cost, then those should be easy to attain. Clearly you have a specific scenario in mind, so spit it out instead of trying to be noncommittal.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

If you intend to pay with a check, or if you are paying with a credit card some places will ask to see a picture ID.
I know of no Constitutional right which that might infringe upon.

With this bit in mind, why should people voting get a pass because they presented a paper with "I am who I say I am" written on it as acceptible?
Because eligble US citizens have the right to vote. It should also be noted that the requirements are not often as simple as you state.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Your papers, please.

Weirdly, we could just have everyone's figure prints loaded into a data base, and use that for voting identification? Then people would have a secure system that would allow them to vote without needing to present papers. Though that too will lead down dark paths, wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

To quote from a movie I rewatched again the other night,

Documentation. And stuff.

Did Navin have a birth certificate?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The reason these types of bill are not passed by republicans is simple. They are for stricter voting requirement under the false premise that illegals vote so much that it sways elections, so they create new stricter voting requirement that target specific demographics that vote democratic and they are usually minorities.

Now I of course will get some replies that say I am playing the race card but there are numerous instances of republicans doing just that and there was recent story where a republican was caught for corruption when it came to voting.

Will we see republicans create a bill in response to the North Carolina voting fraud case, no because it does not benefit them.

edit on 9-3-2019 by Dr4c0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Neither do I which is why stores are allowed to do this.

Because eligble US citizens have the right to vote. It should also be noted that the requirements are not often as simple as you state.

Currently it is not that simple, but in the bill in question it is.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

To quote from a movie I rewatched again the other night,

Documentation. And stuff.

Did Navin have a birth certificate?

LOL I guess there is a pattern. When you're stumped, you resort to youtube clips and vague references.

Can you please be more specific about "Documentation. And stuff."?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

If you intend to pay with a check, or if you are paying with a credit card some places will ask to see a picture ID.

With this bit in mind, why should people voting get a pass because they presented a paper with "I am who I say I am" written on it as acceptible?

Yes, citizens. A green card holder is prohibited from voting in federal elections for 5 years. Do you have a problem with that?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr4c0n
The reason these types of bill are not passed by republicans is simple. They are for stricter voting requirement under the false premise that illegals vote so much that it sways elections, so they create new stricter voting requirement that target specific demographics that vote democratic and they are usually minorities.

Now I of course will get some replies that say I am playing the race card but there are numerous instances of republicans doing just that and there was recent story where a republican was caught for corruption when it came to voting.

Will we see republicans create a bill in response to the North Carolina voting fraud case, no because it does not benefit them.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Currently it is not that simple, but in the bill in question it is.

The wording is vague but the bill only states that an affidavit is acceptable, it does not specify the contents of that affidavit.

How is this "in favor of illegal immigrants voting?"

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Can you please be more specific about "Documentation. And stuff."?
Proof of citizenship. How could Navin (or any abandoned infant) prove citizenship?

How many hoops?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

A green card holder is prohibited from voting in federal elections for 5 years.

A green card holder cannot vote in a federal election. I have no problem with that.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join