It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I wish I had to temerity to ask in which state you reside. But since you seem to be reluctant to do so, I won't.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Of course. Take a single statement completely out of context.

This is what else Lewis said:

In my heart of hearts, I believe we have a moral responsibility to restore access for all citizens, who desire to participate in the democratic process. Many people marched and protested for the right to vote. Some gave a little blood, and others gave their very lives.

Here's his whole speech, not that you care.
johnlewis.house.gov...

And, not that you care, here is the bill.
www.congress.gov...

Anyone care to find the part about allowing non-citizens to vote?

From the house bill:

“SEC. 303A. Permitting use of sworn written statement to meet identification requirements.

“(a) Use of statement.—
“(1) IN GENERAL.—Except as provided in subsection (c), if a State has in effect a requirement that an individual present identification as a condition of receiving and casting a ballot in an election for Federal office, the State shall permit the individual to meet the requirement—
“(A) in the case of an individual who desires to vote in person, by presenting the appropriate State or local election official with a sworn written statement, signed by the individual under penalty of perjury, attesting to the individual’s identity and attesting that the individual is eligible to vote in the election ; or

so I am Bill Clinton, and as such I will vote for Mr. Potato Head.

I am not Bill Clinton, but I think you get the point. Without having to present a photo ID that is administered by either the Government or State, how is anyone really going to know who is the real Bill Clinton? Under this rule I could very well lie, and vote in as many locations as there are voting places since all I need is a written statement stating who I am.

So yes Phage, you are correct it does not explicitly state that an illegal can vote, it might as well state that since only requiring a written statement as to who you are does allow for anyone to vote as anyone else.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

So yes Phage, you are correct it does not explicitly state that an illegal can vote, it might as well state that since only requiring a written statement as to who you are does allow for anyone to vote as anyone else.

Identity theft has far more widespread implications than voter fraud. Or do only "illegals" do that?

Tell me, is there a lot of evidence that "illegals" or anyone else claims that they are someone they are not? In order to cast a vote?

I would be surprised. Seems that such a serious crime would be devoted to other matters.

edit on 3/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I find it troubling that the state site explicitly states that non citizens have the ability to register to vote using a valid state driver's license but also claims we are compliant with real id. I do not see how both can be true but it clearly states both of these 'facts' on the state website. I read it several times to be sure.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Seems highly odd.

Unless your state allows non-citizens to vote.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Identity theft has far more widespread implications than voter fraud. Or do only "illegals" do that?

Tell me, is there a lot of evidence that "illegals" or anyone else claims that they are someone they are not? In order to cast a vote?

I would be surprised. Seems that such a serious crime would be devoted to other matters.

The issue with illegals voting is an issue of identity theft. Sure a lot of legal residences do that too, and it is a very big issue in many other areas of day to day life. In this case you asked a question about where does it state that illegals can vote. It is written in the bill that anyone can vote as long as they are willing to lie on a paper about who they are.

This is a bill that is suppose to present new rules and laws to protect the rights of the voters, but then turn around and allow for anyone to easily vote illicitly. If the presenters and supporters of this bill wanted to protect the voting populace rom voter fraud, then mandating a photo ID that is issued from a State or Federal agency would be the best way of going. Allowing this to be bypassed by a simple written letter seems disingenuous for such a bill as this.

This is about protecting the votes, but if you feel that ID theft should be left out of it for the convenience of debate, then may I ask you how do you feel about only needing a written statement as verification for proving who you are for voting purposes?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

My state does not allow non citizens to vote according to the Google searches that I have done. But there it is, plain as day on the state website. I don't claim to understand the language used by lawyers. I rely on my sister-in-law who happens to be a circuit judge to interpret for me when I have questions.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think that if more people who have a legal right to vote are able to do so with fewer restrictions, it outweighs the chance that a few who are willing to take the risk of being caught committing a felony will do so. Whether those potential felons are "illegals" or anyone else.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Like I implied, I would like to see what the website says. And see what the laws of your state actually are.

In lieu of that...sounds odd.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I think that if more people who have a legal right to vote are able to do so with fewer restrictions, it outweighs the chance that a few who are willing to take the risk of being caught committing a felony will do so. Whether those potential felons are "illegals" or anyone else.

Well let's be honest here, if every voter voted, then most of the irregularities wouldn't matter. Since that doesn't happen in this country for some reason, extreme measures need to be put into place to protect the few voters that do take the time to vote. This is why I feel photo ID should be made mandatory at the voting booth, and this is why I feel that a written paper stating who you are doesn't protect anything.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Since that doesn't happen in this country for some reason, extreme measures need to be put into place to protect the few voters that do take the time to vote.

That makes no sense. Unless you want fewer people to vote.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

Reading comprehension: Clearly an unattainable ability for some. I specifically used etc because there is more to it than just sanctuary cities.

You clearly do not understand how minorities operate. They create enclaves. And if you're within that neighborhood enclave, you keep your mouth shut about other people, because they are either your people, or you may face reprisals. If you see La Migra (border patrol/ICE) coming, you warn people.

And that's just one issue ICE is dealing with. Despite what the media would have you believe, they are not making sweeps through these neighborhood knocking on every door looking for "dem eelegal immgrants."

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

You clearly do not understand how minorities operate. They create enclaves. And if you're within that neighborhood enclave, you keep your mouth shut about other people, because they are either your people, or you may face reprisals. If you see La Migra (border patrol/ICE) coming, you warn people.

Clearly you are of a minority, since you know how "they" operate.

Funny thing, where I live there is no majority. Some people who come here (used to being a "majority") never learn to cope with that. Their loss, not ours.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Since that doesn't happen in this country for some reason, extreme measures need to be put into place to protect the few voters that do take the time to vote.

That makes no sense. Unless you want fewer people to vote.

Requiring ID's hasn't prevented people from voting. Same as ID's haven't prevented people from driving, registering their vehicles, buying liquor, smokes, or anything else that requires an ID.
edit on 9-3-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Clearly you are of a minority, since you know how "they" operate.

Funny thing, where I live there is no majority. Some people who come here (used to being a "majority") never learn to cope with that. Their loss, not ours.

Cuban.

And you live a tourist state, so its not surprising.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Requiring ID's hasn't prevented people from voting.

Correct. Not those who can provide the required ID. Those who can't, on the other hand...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Tourists don't come here to live.

But it's clear you know nothing of the history of my state. Not your fault.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
So basically the premise of the thread is foreseeing the future and thought crimes.

An illegal immigrant might use a fake ID to vote. Foreseeing

An illegal might get the idea to use this law to vote. Thought Crime

Both are based on the idea that it may, could or will happen if bill is passed.
edit on 9-3-2019 by Dr4c0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Requiring ID's hasn't prevented people from voting.

Correct. Not those who can provide the required ID. Those who can't, on the other hand...

And who would that be? Because it costs next to nothing to get a state ID, let alone a drivers license.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Tourists don't come here to live.

You don't say!

Not sure where you got the impression I was stating such..

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join