It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
How to steal a democracy 101

The globalist communist playbook

This is IMHO a declaration of war

If you think not, then you’ve lost your country already

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I agree. I understand the distinction being made but I don't like the idea of my local city or state elections being decided by non citizens. This should be a no brainer. Non citizens should not vote. At all. Period. Full stop.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I feel like there has to be more to the story. Blatantly allowing illegals to vote is pretty crazy, even for hardcore liberals..

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I understand the distinction being made but I don't like the idea of my local city or state elections being decided by non citizens.
Does your city or state allow this?
Mine don't.
edit on 3/9/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

I feel like there has to be more to the story

Yes, yes there is.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Ahh okay. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
All the dems are doing is ensuring that they will be pummeled in the next several elections.

Fred..

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

If Democrats are so bad, why do Republicans have to lie about them?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
This was the end game all along. Open borders. Screw citizenship. Get illegal non-citizens voting into office illegal non-citizens.

You don't have to wage war on a nation to conquer it. It's a numbers management game. It is slowly being eaten from the inside by an invasive tumor. You won't recognize it in decades to come because it'll be gone and replaced.

Enjoy your guns and bacons and freedoms now.

Only a fool can't see how the stone is being shaped by the waves. We lost.

Yep. I agree totally. Its over. Its so sad that those pushing for this crap dont see the forest for the trees. They think they are just making changes for what they perceive as good but dont realise they are killing this country in the process.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

Why do Republicans have to lie?
Here is the bill. Please cite the part which supports non-citizen voting.
www.congress.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Did I say they allow it?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

So it was rhetorical. Got it.

I don't like a lot of things that don't happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
www.washingtontimes.com...

House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice. The vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber — then under GOP control — voted to decry illegal immigrant voting. “We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure. The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws.

For the record, this isn't OK. First off, the term "illegal" should be a tiny clue for those not smart enough to understand the bigger picture.
Get legal, or get lost. Allowing illegal aliens to exist inside our borders is already a problem, now you want them to vote? If I would have told you this would be a real headline back in the 90's, you would have laughed me off the internet.

Leftovers, this is what your party has come to. And in such a short time. Trump will be gone in 2-6 years, and it will be time for new leadership. It's looking like the democratic party won't be around by then. Perhaps we will have the choice of Staunch Republican VS. Libertarian. I can't say I would hate that. Implode quietly please, we don't want to wake the baby.

So what did that Ga dem mean?
Just let anyone who wants to vote?
What trash.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Just let anyone who wants to vote?

No.

This is what else Lewis said:

In my heart of hearts, I believe we have a moral responsibility to restore access for all citizens, who desire to participate in the democratic process. Many people marched and protested for the right to vote. Some gave a little blood, and others gave their very lives.

Here's his whole speech, not that you care.
johnlewis.house.gov...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It was a response to a post made by another member. It was a statement of my opinion. Whether it happens or not remains to be seen.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Is your state or city considering allowing non citizens to vote?

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Currently in my state registration to vote can be obtained with a valid state driver's license or state id or social security number none of which require citizenship. Apparently, we rely solely on the honesty of the person registering to vote.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Non-citizens cannot legally obtain a social security number.

Requiring only a social security number seems lax.
Your state is not yet compliant with Real ID? That's going to make air travel problematic for you next year.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I obtained that information directly from the state site about voter registration. Voter registration can be obtained with a valid driver's licence which does not require citizenship.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join