It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow, we went full Idiocracy in no time at all.
Voting rights for not only aliens but felons at that?
Somebody has been spiking the Democrat's punchbowl.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Once again, if a felon can't vote, why should they pay taxes?

They hand out felonies for weed.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
CAUTION DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE OUTSIDE OF YOUR RIGHT WING BUBBLE.

OK I know this won't change the minds of the idiots from the alt right but here some more information about what was actually voted on.

House passes H.R. 1, a sweeping anti-corruption and voting rights bill

Democrats passed House Resolution 1 (H.R. 1) Friday, a bill which could be the most sweeping anti-corruption measure passed by the House of Representatives in a generation, by a vote of 234 to 193. The bill focuses on voting rights, campaign finance, and government ethics.

Campaign finance

It seeks to create incentives for elected officials to rely on small donors, rather than large corporate contributions, when running for office and proposes new disclosure requirements on the source of donor money.

Voting rights

The bill seeks to expand early voting, create same-day voter registration, save eligible voters from "voter purging," and creates a pathway for re-enfranchisement for those who have lost voting privileges due to felony convictions. There is also an amendment to make Election Day a holiday for federal workers.

Anti-corruption

Third, there is a focus on anti-corruption measures. H.R. 1 would require presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose their income tax returns and wants paper ballots to be used in federal elections, mainly to reduce the risk of electronic voting machines being hacked.

But since the Republican control the senate and this bill hopes to expand Americans' access to the ballot box, reduce the influence of big money in politics, and strengthen ethics rules for public servants and for other purposes. Anything anti corruption will not pass the republican controlled Senate.

H.R.1 - For the People Act of 2019

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
That is total BS. Everyone should be shown the door and have it slammed in their faces.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if illegals can hold a local public office too?

I've been considering becoming active in the local government in my township and county, however, I decided I didn't want to be targeted by the local officials and their cronies for my active participation in the meetings and such. However, It now seems that I must put myself out there and try to help prevent this sort of thing from happening where I live. I seriously doubt this will happen here, but it seems like it is possible if the legal residents don't become more active. I vote every time in every election or proposal, but apparently that isn't enough. Time to start writing letters and get involved in local politics or I'm just going to be letting things like this happen in my locality.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr4c0n

So we should ignore the parts that we violently disagree with (like the topic of the OP) because it has some good stuff in it too? That's like having someone hand us a poisoned fruit tart and tell us we should go ahead and eat it because even though there's 1/4 t of strychnine in it, there's also 2 cups of berries. The tart is still poisonous and will kill us, and this bill still has its own dose of poison.
edit on 8-3-2019 by riiver because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-3-2019 by riiver because: Oops--had the details of this confused with another bill

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Democrat politicians and the people that vote for them are willfully trying to destroy this country. Worthless piles of #, the whole lot of them!
edit on 8-3-2019 by MRinder because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
So what’s their beef with the Russians? Just illegals wanting their voice heard.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
a reply to: network dude

As many of you know I am a major critic of Trump and many GOP policies. However, on this issue, I agree with the GOP.

It's one thing to be compassionate for individuals looking to better their lives but, just because you live here does not mean you should be granted voting rights. By this logic, if you happen to be vacationing in the US during the election should you be allowed to vote?

This is ludicrous.

Ahhh...Geeze, I had to give you a star for that. Now I am going to feel bummed out for days.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   

It wasn't that long ago when I made a thread about this very thing being written by DNC democrats, on how the dreamers (illegal immigrants) are a critical component of the Democratic Party’s future electoral success.

LEAKED MEMO: DREAMers Are ‘Critical’ To Dems ‘Future Electoral Success’

The fight to protect Dreamers is not only a moral imperative, it is also a critical component of the Democratic Partys future electoral success. Donald Trump and the Republican Party continue to jeopardize the futures of millions of Dreamers and their families and throw up roadblocks to meaningful legislative reform, and it is up to Democrats to stand up for them.
If Democrats dont try to do everything in their power to defend Dreamers, that will jeopardize Democrats electoral chances in 2018 and beyond. In short, the next few weeks will tell us a lot about the Democratic Party and its long-term electoral prospects.

www.scribd.com...

In that same thread several ATS members claimed how "that's not what they are saying in that paper" and that "democrats in power do not want the vote of illegals. blah, blahblah..."

Yet, here we are, with DNC democrats openly calling for allowing all illegals to vote in our elections...

edit on 9-3-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   

It's disgusting! Only 6 Democrats voted against letting Illegal Citizens vote in elections.

www.libertyheadlines.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
Democrat politicians and the people that vote for them are willfully trying to destroy this country. Worthless piles of #, the whole lot of them!

Democrats and Republicans are not in control of America, they are puppets, that people see as the bad side, or the good side.

It isn't enough to remove Democrats, and replace them with more puppets, under a different label. They are all bad, and all of them must be removed from their positions as so-called 'leaders' of the nation. I see people angry at the Democrats, or Republicans, which is exactly what the puppet-masters want to see. It is blind ignorance, at work.

Wake up, before it's too late.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

It is clear to all that are not victims of the deceit. When Americans stopped putting America first and started worshiping under the idols of a corrupt system, it began the slide down that slippery slope oft spoke of here on ATS.

The first step to making America great again, is to eliminate her enemies that are sitting in her lap.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
time to revolt

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Its been time. But its not going to happen arm chair complaining on ATS. Maybe when they go after all guns people might decide to wake up. Or maybe they'll just keep complaining about everything on social media sites.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

a large portion of the population has already revolt but they are called drug dealers and criminals

they have revolt against the war on civil liberties

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr4c0n

Fortunately the GOP is wise to Democrat lies and grandstanding.

Within HR-1 is the less publicised changed to FEC control - changing 6 people on the board making decisions on who to investigate and go after (3 republicans and 3 Democrats) to 5, creating a single party balance of power. Guess where that would be going - yet another tool to persecute enemies.

The Democrats 'rig elections in our favour bill' will never pass the Senate for good reason.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Republicans only pretend to care give me a break anybody falling for the 2 party bull# is brain dead

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Is this a joke?

How far can the normal American citizen be pushed until they break from the insanity we see in Democrats.

Run run run....during the midterms i saw antifa organize and line up around the block for the blue wave.
When they were done it was BLM turn, hundred in line for the blue wave.
Then it was LGBTQ followed by muslims, followed by hollyweird.

This is the new democratic party and normal people should be scared and ready to fight for the country.

These people are crazy.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Makes me wonder if illegals can hold a local public office too?

I've been considering becoming active in the local government in my township and county, however, I decided I didn't want to be targeted by the local officials and their cronies for my active participation in the meetings and such. However, It now seems that I must put myself out there and try to help prevent this sort of thing from happening where I live. I seriously doubt this will happen here, but it seems like it is possible if the legal residents don't become more active. I vote every time in every election or proposal, but apparently that isn't enough. Time to start writing letters and get involved in local politics or I'm just going to be letting things like this happen in my locality.

That will soon be a prerequisite....

Intelligence doesnt matter anyone
Experience doesn't matter anymore

If you are a foreign born trans then you are a shoe it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join