It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

As many of you know I am a major critic of Trump and many GOP policies. However, on this issue, I agree with the GOP.

It's one thing to be compassionate for individuals looking to better their lives but, just because you live here does not mean you should be granted voting rights. By this logic, if you happen to be vacationing in the US during the election should you be allowed to vote?

This is ludicrous.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Within that group yes. But if you have a municipality that is majority muslim and let's say illegal then the rights of non-muslims and legal citizens is at risk.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
WHY THE # did I have to wait so long just to earn the right to vote when I could have just snuck in and and stolen that right from someone else?

Democrats are enemies of the United States.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
just trying to create discussion here

i already said i dont agree with it.
so we dont need to go there

A 1996 federal law prohibits noncitizens from voting in federal elections, but there is no prohibition on localities, and indeed a number of jurisdictions allow it, to some extent.

i didnt know that

there is no prohibition on localities.

looks like it has been this way for a while

how many were pissed about this a year ago?

Famously liberal Takoma Park, a small jurisdiction in Maryland, has for several decades allowed noncitizens, including illegal immigrants, to vote in local elections.
Experts say as many as 40 states or territories allowed noncitizen voting dating back to the nation’s founding.

i didnt know that either

who was pissed a while ago?

everyone in here seems pissed now.

so what changed?

even scrap the expert part.
they dont know #...

some places have allowed this for several decades

edit on 8-3-2019 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I appreciate you saying so. I really do.

This is beyond the pale favoritism AGAINST US citizens, Legal immigrants, and naturalized citizens like me.
edit on 8 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

so what changed?

We know about it now.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

so what changed?

We know about it now.

cant argue with that

i didnt know about it until now either

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

As many of you know I am a major critic of Trump and many GOP policies. However, on this issue, I agree with the GOP.

It's one thing to be compassionate for individuals looking to better their lives but, just because you live here does not mean you should be granted voting rights. By this logic, if you happen to be vacationing in the US during the election should you be allowed to vote?

This is ludicrous.

Was your account hacked?

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sharia Law wouldn't be any different.

Except Muslims like to kill people and use Sharia as the excuse.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

so what changed?

Maybe the OP, you know, from the Washington Times, published today.

The Washington Times - Friday, March 8, 2019
House Democrats voted Friday

Just a guess...
edit on 3 8 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

The loophole needs shut yesterday.

The loophole is being intentionally used by the Democrats to subvert the voting process because the young and dumb being subverted towards communisim using social media isn't enough.

These fn traitors need...you know what.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Like my grandmother used to say, "In for a penny, in for a pound." And, "If you give an inch, they will take a mile."

You don't compromise the law, you change it. If you can break one law and get away with it, because you can, then no laws are valid.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Where’s all our leftist trolls?? I’d love to hear the other side explaining why this is as wholesome as apple pie and the 4th??

Maybe you didn't see Annee posting ^_^

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
An illegal vote cancelling out a legal vote. They are looking for votes anywhere they can find them. In Iowa and many other states they are pushing to allow convicted felons to vote. Other states are wanting the voting age lowered to 16 years of age.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

Are you pushing for felons to not pay taxes?

You sure as hell should be.

I agree with you on the children voting thing.
edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Added2

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

This is ludicrous.

Was your account hacked?

Ha!

No, I just happen to think for myself rather than just going along with the group.

I'm older than many of the other people on this site (I remember getting an eight-track in my car and thinking I was the # ). As such, my mindset on what it means to be an American and what America itself stands for is vastly different than what many believe today. I truly believe that America is the shining city on the hill, the model for what the rest of the world should follow.

I believe that America stands for compassion, justice, and freedom. I believe if we are able we should help those in need (which is why I am ok with people applying for asylum). However, if that person claims to be in need but is not, then they have no place in this country. I am not ok with open borders because it is true that a nation cannot survive without borders. However, I do not support a wall because it is extremely expensive and ineffective (All you need is a ladder and rope). I believe that to solve the illegal immigrant issue we must focus on technological solutions (drones, laser barriers, camera's, etc) to detect and prevent border crossings. Also, many "liberals" feel exactly the same as me, but Fox News and other conservative outlets categorize everyone as the crazy open border morons.

You see, we have much more common ground than you would have thought. The news media wants to keep the people in separate corners because if we start finding common ground they will lose money.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i'm in favor of the Immigrants (who are in sponsored Citizenship Programs) voting in their Local & State voting races...

but---> As for Voting the National Elections Races every 4 year cycle --->>
The illegal then registered Immigrants could vote Only after becoming Naturalized Citizens (which I earned in 1957)

That clause might satisfy the proponents of the 'Merit' System of Entry into the USA society/road-to-citizenship

ETA

just read the earlier post ->

originally posted by: TinySickTears
just trying to create discussion

…. "A 1996 federal law prohibits noncitizens from voting in federal elections, but there is no prohibition on localities, and indeed a number of jurisdictions allow it, to some extent."

1996...it sure took the Government a long time to fix/patch that bandaid to inequality in Law (legal representation,
it's a stretch for non citizen voting in local races being a denied 'right'...but that flaw in the system got remedied finally in '96 ...)

thanks for the heads up

edit on th31155207837808522019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th31155207850908552019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

This is ludicrous.

We have tried telling you that this is the goal of the Democratic party for so long, yet you collectively dismissed it as exteme right wing racist conspiracy theory.

There you have it right infront of your eyes. But its all okay right? I mean Trump ia such a racist sexist bigot right?

Who cares if illegals are able to shape the government now right? Trump is a bad orange meanie!

At this point voting Democrat means you're actively undermining the United States because CNN/MSNBC convinced you he's a meanie. Aka being a useful tool.
edit on 8-3-2019 by 1337Kph because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
An illegal vote cancelling out a legal vote. They are looking for votes anywhere they can find them. In Iowa and many other states they are pushing to allow convicted felons to vote. Other states are wanting the voting age lowered to 16 years of age.

If you've paid your debt to society and are a free man, you should be able to vote.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Definitely don't agree but people need to be clear that they are talking about local elections.

Not federal

For the record

Still don't agree

Nope, me neither. I don't think anyone here illegally should be able to vote in city, state or federal elections, period. It's to bad that most minorities are oblivious to the fact that they're merely being used as pawns and nothing more.

Yep. And let them step away from the left and watch what happens. They get called uncle toms, bootlickers, uneducated negros, and all sorts of things that would end a white Republican's career.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join