It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes in favor of illegal immigrant voting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

House Democrats voted Friday to defend localities that allow illegal immigrants to vote in their elections, turning back a GOP attempt to discourage the practice. The vote marks a stunning reversal from just six months ago, when the chamber — then under GOP control — voted to decry illegal immigrant voting. “We are prepared to open up the political process and let all of the people come in,” Rep. John Lewis, a Georgia Democrat and hero of the civil rights movement, told colleagues as he led opposition to the GOP measure. The 228-197 vote came as part of a broader debate on Democrats’ major legislative priority this year, HR 1, the “For the People Act,” which includes historic expansions of voter registration and access, as well as a major rewrite of campaign finance laws.

For the record, this isn't OK. First off, the term "illegal" should be a tiny clue for those not smart enough to understand the bigger picture.
Get legal, or get lost. Allowing illegal aliens to exist inside our borders is already a problem, now you want them to vote? If I would have told you this would be a real headline back in the 90's, you would have laughed me off the internet.

Leftovers, this is what your party has come to. And in such a short time. Trump will be gone in 2-6 years, and it will be time for new leadership. It's looking like the democratic party won't be around by then. Perhaps we will have the choice of Staunch Republican VS. Libertarian. I can't say I would hate that. Implode quietly please, we don't want to wake the baby.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Definitely don't agree but people need to be clear that they are talking about local elections.

Not federal

For the record

Still dont agree

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

WTH?

really?

REALLY?

The left. . . they done lost they damned minds!

+27 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Of course they are.
Next they'll try to send absentee ballots to Mexico and Central America for everyone to vote in our elections.

The more the merrier!

These people are out of control.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
How anyone could take Democrats seriously after this is beyond imagination....

We've known all along that Democrats want open borders and were against Voter ID for illegal votes and this just proves it further.

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This was the end game all along. Open borders. Screw citizenship. Get illegal non-citizens voting into office illegal non-citizens.

You don't have to wage war on a nation to conquer it. It's a numbers management game. It is slowly being eaten from the inside by an invasive tumor. You won't recognize it in decades to come because it'll be gone and replaced.

Enjoy your guns and bacons and freedoms now.

Only a fool can't see how the stone is being shaped by the waves. We lost.

edit on 8-3-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No other way for them to win than to brainwash third world immigrants with little education. That's the only reason democrats are using them.

It's like starting a new school. On your first day, a group of people approach and start giving you the lowdown on each group and give you their opinion as if it's a fact. You don't know anything about this school or these people so you take the word of the group telling you about them. Same scenario for third world people coming here. The democrats swoop in, wrap an arm around them, and and softly tell them to watch out for the evil Republicans because their only goal is to expel them and send them back home.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
This was the end game all along. Open borders
Screw citizenship. Get illegal non-citizens voting into office illegal non-citizens.

It's a numbers management game and US citizens lost. Country is gone folks. It is slowly being eaten from the inside out by an invasive tumor.

Enjoy your guns and bacons and freedoms now.

Only a fool can't see how the stone is being shaped by the waves. We lost.

I wonder who these democrats think will be the next target once Republicans have fled the country (barring the fact that us patriots didn't fight back and win). You can't show love to a hungry wild animal, bring it into your home, and expect it not to devour you once the food is gone.

link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Definitely don't agree but people need to be clear that they are talking about local elections.

Not federal

For the record

Still don't agree

Nope, me neither. I don't think anyone here illegally should be able to vote in city, state or federal elections, period. It's to bad that most minorities are oblivious to the fact that they're merely being used as pawns and nothing more.

link   

This can't be real..
This honestly sounds like a qualification test for their position that they failed.
As in, a ludicrous bill comes across every so often, just to make sure that they are paying attention.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If we go way back to eh founding we can see that the Federal government would not make specific laws concerning how each state or locality must act in deciding who to run elections in their own states and localities. This is old news. This right to establish the rules for local voting does not extend to Federal voting, that is as an example voting for president or for federal representatives.

The issue here is not only states rights but the rights of cities and localities to decide who to allow to vote on local issues and representatives such as school boards.

So, until the federal governemtn steps in and makes it a federal law that no noncitizens can vote on any issue, it remains up to the local system. If what we want is MORE federal government power to override state and municipality decisions then we can make a big deal about this. If we do NOT want more federal government power in our states and cities then we should just learn to live with what OTHER cities and states to and concentrate on how we run our own cities and states.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Won't they have to change the constitution and bill of rights if they do that? Our citizens have the right to vote, what are they going to do, change it so that everyone from France can vote too?

I cannot believe the stupidity of the Democratic party with this, Illegals most times do not even pay taxes, the majority work for cash. I have known at least ten illegal immigrants in my life, they were pretty good people, but most of them worked doing handyman like work or worked cleaning houses... they worked cheaper and got paid cash. No taxes taken out at all.

I do not think we should be promoting illegals voting, that would be dumb, that means our country's politics is influenced by another countries people

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I wonder which city or even county will be the first where we see Sharia Law being used? This is dangerous on so many levels.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't we have a branch of the military that can keep these politicians in check?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Not federal

For the record

Still don't agree

Nope, me neither. I don't think anyone here illegally should be able to vote in city, state or federal elections, period. It's to bad that most minorities are oblivious to the fact that they're merely being used as pawns and nothing more.

If someone is here illegally then ice is not doing their job. Oh look another failure of government that is forcefully financially supported by the threat of violence.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Illegals cancel the votes of actual citizens.

Plan and simple voter suppression of citizens.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I wonder which city or even county will be the first where we see Sharia Law being used? This is dangerous on so many levels.

This country has had Jewish Sect Laws, Amish Laws, and other specific religions group laws for a long time.

Sharia Law wouldn't be any different.

None of them supercede US Constitutional law.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Not federal

For the record

Still don't agree

If someone is here illegally then ice is not doing their job. Oh look another failure of government that is forcefully financially supported by the threat of violence.

edit on 8-3-2019 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Where’s all our leftist trolls?? I’d love to hear the other side explaining why this is as wholesome as apple pie and the 4th??

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

As I said, it's a numbers game. Sure there may be a couple patriots stockpiled and ready out in Oregon or Tennessee. After the smoke clears they'll still be outnumbered and policies will still be made to dismantle the nation and its former values.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join