It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Avenatti's law firm files for bankruptcy protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Michael Avenatti's law firm files for bankruptcy protection amid accusation of 'financial shenanigans': report

Michael Avenatti’s law firm reportedly filed for bankruptcy protection Thursday, weeks after a former partner alleged "financial shenanigans" surrounding the bankruptcy proceedings.

The fresh bankruptcy filing came a day before Avenatti was scheduled to appear in a California federal courtroom to give testimony on the finances of his firm, Eagan Avenatti. A lawyer for Jason Frank, a former partner with the firm who last month charged that millions of dollars in legal fees had been hidden from creditors during the bankruptcy proceedings, planned to question Avenatti about the firm’s finances, the Los Angeles Times reported Friday.

Our boy Hottie Avenatti is using what is basically Hillary Clinton's old defense: At this point, what difference does it make?

“Who cares? Old firm that we have not operated under for a very long time,” Avenatti told the Los Angeles Times when asked about the bankruptcy filing. “We want to ensure the proper distribution of assets to creditors — it means nothing to our current law practice. Onward and upward.”

The guy suing him is trying to collect on a $10 Million judgement against Avenattti's old law firm, after a court found he had been cheated out of legal fees while he worked for the firm.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The reaction to this should be fun. I mean how many times have Trump's supporters told us that declaring bankruptcy is a smart business move?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I thought his latest client R Kelly had plenty of cash.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Declaring bankruptcy does not erase your debt like it used to. That's too bad for Michael.

link   
a reply to: carewemust

He's not representing R. Kelly.

link   
I can see now why the Left worships this guy and why they wanted him to run as their supreme leader.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
The reaction to this should be fun. I mean how many times have Trump's supporters told us that declaring bankruptcy is a smart business move?

Nice strawman.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Per usual, somebody (not the OP) tries to turn this into a Trump issue. So anyone who calls out Avenatti for his moral bankruptcy must be a Trump supporter, huh? C'mon man...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm simply pointing out the universal global standard when it comes to Trump.

Avenatti's law firm declares bankruptcy and we're supposed to deride him.

Trump's businesses have declared numerous bankruptcies and we're told it's because he's good at business.

Congresswoman Omar is critical of Israel's influence on American politics and we're told she's anti-Semitic.

Trump retweets prominent white supremacists and neo-Nazis and we're told he didn't know what he was doing while also being told he's the greatest genius to ever live.

Honestly, I don't even like Avenatti. He comes across as a complete sleazeball ambulance chaser. But I will point out the similarities between him and Cheeto Jesus.
edit on 3/8/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Avon calling 😎

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Obama was bad, and Hillary was Bad. Oh, and Democrats are bad. I'm not sure there are any other completely non related things we can discuss here. the bar for stupidity has been set mighty high.

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So you want us to explain to you the difference between a law firm and a corporation?

You hear of companies going bankrupt everyday. How often do you hear a law firm going bankrupt? With today's judicial and bureaucratic overreach there isn't any scarcity of people needing representation. It's a bit like a guy going bankrupt selling umbrellas in a monsoon.

Besides...
Isn't he representing 6 people in the R Kelly case?
Bet he isn't representing for free. Yet here we are...

new topics

top topics

join