It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student forced to wipe ashes off forehead in front of classmates

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Student forced to wipe ashes off forehead in front of classmates

"The teacher walked over and said like, 'what is that?' And I was like it's Ash Wednesday and I'm Catholic. It's the first day of Lent and she was like, 'no it's inappropriate go take it off.'"

"I felt really bad." The school's principal immediately called William's family to apologize. The teacher also apologized directly to William and is facing possible disciplinary action.

Starting a New Thread ?

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Fri Mar 8 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

OK, so the student felt bad and the teacher and principle apologized as well as possible disciplinary action for the teacher.

It seems like things worked out.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Oh look another soap box moment brought to you by struggle street inc.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
In a Majority owned Liberal world it would be offense to be a Catholic or a christian this is what happened to student. His teacher forced the student to wipe off the an Mark an traditional symbolism before lent.

And now Liberals see this as offensive or inappropriate.
Liberals are showing stupid they had become.

edit on 7-3-2019 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

And that #'s on all day longgg.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This story reminds me of a joke for some reason.

Each Friday night after work, Bubba would fire up his outdoor grill and cook steak. But all of Bubba’s neighbors were Catholic, and since it was Lent, they were forbidden from eating red meat on Friday.

The delicious aroma from the grilled steaks were causing such a problem for the Catholic faithful that they finally talked to their priest.

The priest came to visit Bubba and suggested that he become a Catholic.

After several classes and much study, Bubba attended Mass. The priest sprinkled holy water over him and said, “You were born a Baptist and raised as a Baptist, but now you are Catholic.”

Bubba’s neighbors were greatly relieved, until Friday night arrived and the wonderful aroma of grilled steak filled the neighborhood. The priest was called immediately by the neighbors.

As the priest rushed into Bubba’s yard, clutching a rosary and prepared to scold him, he stopped and watched in amazement.

There stood Bubba, clutching a small bottle of holy water, which he carefully sprinkled over the grilling meat while chanting, “You wuz born a cow, you wuz raised a cow, but now you are a catfish.”

edit on 8-3-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LtFluffyCakes96

And that #'s on all day longgg.

Gotta keep the plebs enraged, I mean entertained..

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well done.

If the student wanted he has a winnable lawsuit against the teacher and school district.
I'm not a fan of casual litigation, but it seems that is what the US society has become.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Poor Boy. Imagine trying to tell a young lady to remove her Burka.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   

That's what politics are for, I mean.. Eh yea politics.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

No different to conservatives showing how weak and intolerant they have become, scared of shadows and anything that dares to challenge their fragile worldviews.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Hindus sometimes do a similar thing with ash on the third eye. Do I even need to say that double standards would have been in play had roles been reversed?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

OK, so the student felt bad and the teacher and principle apologized as well as possible disciplinary action for the teacher.

It seems like things worked out.

Pretty sure if it were cake that wasn't baked, a bathroom that couldn't be entered, or any number of things the left has thrown a fit over, it would be a national event in which no lib would shut up about.

Ugh, the double standard is so prevalent.
edit on 3/8/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Oh look another soap box moment brought to you by struggle street inc.

No different to conservatives showing how weak and intolerant they have become, scared of shadows and anything that dares to challenge their fragile worldviews.

Yep 3rd & 6th posts, straight in there, waste no time; - who's triggered?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
In a Majority owned Liberal world it would be offense to be a Catholic or a christian this is what happened to student. His teacher forced the student to wipe off the an Mark an traditional symbolism before lent.

Sorry, I missed how this particular incident has become another ‘blame the liberals’ example. The incident happened in Utah, close to Salt Lake City, so for all you know the teacher could have been a traditionally conservative LDS member ignorant of the rituals of practicing Catholics.
edit on 8-3-2019 by Monsieur Neary because: Can’t spell

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What number post is this one on your triggered count.

You are targeting my opinion as it struck so much of an accord in your little world you needed to express your disdain of that opinion publicly, in some lame attempt to be sublime about it...

edit on 8-3-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I must say I'm coming up for my 42nd trip around the sun and I've never once seen anyone walk around with ash on their forehead on Ash Wednesday, I have a fair few Catholic friends too. When I read the thread title I was a bit confused as to what it was about...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Nothing worse than being catfished by a cow.

As to the OP.. seems we're still fighting against everything. I was born and raised a catholic. I do not follow any religion now, but I respect my mothers beliefs. And those who do follow religion, in general. Be it on them to know what hope they take from it. Not me to deny it.

We let indian's wear ceremonial daggers. We let muslims pray 5 times a day. All separate to everyone else. But ashes are not on..

No christmas decorations for YOU!

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Poor Boy. Imagine trying to tell a young lady to remove her Burka.

Kind regards,

Bally

I was in adult education a few many years ago now, and the class had a topic of discrimination come up. How we perceive islam against how it sees us, given the events occurring at the time. This one girl would not even begin to discuss things, acting as if the very topic was an attack on her.. From that day on, she wore a complete burqa to every class, and did not talk to anyone else but other muslims in class.

On her, I suppose. But she didn't even want to discuss current issues, rather segregate herself from everything.

shame, because there was simply no antagonistic views raised.
edit on 8-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

This is discrimination from a person of authority, that's cool with you? Oh she apologized, due to the principals involvement, you really think she was naive as to the issue?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join