It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garbage house resolution from Democrats condemning bigotry actually shows bigotry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Your title ... I have not read anything about the resolution except that they passed an "anti-bigotry" resolution. And I knew from that name that it had to be embody bigotry.

People are stupid, and some are stupider than others. Bigotry is wrong and stupid but you can't legislate stupidity out of existence. The things happening in D.C. now are things that the McCarthy era never even dared dream of. Thought crime is a real thing. First they tell us that being a bigot is a thought crime, then they define what bigotry is, then everything you think that is not according to their agenda, their list of approved thoughts is bigotry and is a crime. And then, we're all criminals if we dare think, so most of us will stop thinking.

And we bid a good welcome to the Ministry of Truth and the Ministry of Love.

:

In saying all that should this person be allowed an opinion, or is her opinion not worthy?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Welcome back, and I hope your presents here doesn't hurt your run for office.

A couple of issues from the bill that needs to really get looked at:

(8) encourages law enforcement and government officials to avoid conduct that raises the specter of unconstitutional profiling against anyone because of their race, religion, nationality, political, or particular social group, including the assignment of blame or targeting members of an entire religious group for increased suspicion, based on the conduct of a single individual or small group of individuals; and

Will this mean that members of MS-13 and other ethnically based terror groups will no longer be permitted to be arrested due to the appearance of being a race crime? This clause I quoted from the bill is literally allows a free pay on crime, by giving criminals a legal out by crying racism.

(9) encourages all public officials to confront the reality of anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, racism, and other forms of bigotry, as well as historical struggles against them, to ensure that the United States will live up to the transcendent principles of tolerance, religious freedom, and equal protection as embodied in the Declaration of Independence and the first and 14th amendments to the Constitution.

Public Officials? So when DNC members call for violence against others, will they also be held accountable for their actions instead of just getting s pass? If an idiot go on a shooting spree will this law protect lawful gun owners from being treated like convicted felons?

In the end this law is nothing more then a hot mess trying hard to be a law that could be Constitutionally enforced, but in reality it's nothing more then a fancy worded hot mess that should have been left in the toilet instead of the floor of Congress. This is an affront to the 1st Amendment by telling people that if you say something that someone might find offensive or racist you might have to deal with a lawsuit. They might have well just called this the "Shut your mouth" bill since that's all it's actually trying to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Omar's "anti-Semitic" statement:

"I want to talk about the political influence in this country that says it is OK for people to push for allegiance to a foreign country. I want to ask why is it OK for me to talk about the influence of the NRA (National Rifle Association), of fossil fuel industries or Big Pharma, and not talk about a powerful lobbying group that is influencing policies?

68 dual Israeli citizens in the U.S. Congress and Senate.

One of them is Chuck Schumer.

Schumer: I’m on a Mission From God (to Be Israel’s Guardian in Senate)

This video shows a few examples right from Schumer's own mouth how his loyalty to Israel is superior to his loyalty to the U.S.
youtu.be...

Schumers words in that video are exactly what Omar was referring to with her comment. Yet, look at the end product that was churned out of this whole ordeal. We ended up with a another garbage bill nonchalantly highlighting white supremacism and vilifying Anti-semitism for the millionth time.

To summarize the mental gymnastics:

"Foreign lobbyist groups shouldnt influence policies" miraculously morphed into discussions about Nazi's brutality. And I'm not even exaggerating.

edit on 8-3-2019 by AgarthaSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

(8) encourages law enforcement and government officials to avoid conduct that raises the specter of unconstitutional profiling against anyone because of their race, religion, nationality, political, or particular social group, including the assignment of blame or targeting members of an entire religious group for increased suspicion, based on the conduct of a single individual or small group of individuals; and

I'm telling you people.

or particular social group= Gun owners

based on the conduct of a single individual

The idiotic left created the anti gun control platform right there.

Watch how fast from they run from their anti bigotry bill.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

(8) encourages law enforcement and government officials to avoid conduct that raises the specter of unconstitutional profiling against anyone because of their race, religion, nationality,political, or particular social group, including the assignment of blame or targeting members of an entire religious group for increased suspicion, based on the conduct of a single individual or small group of individuals; and

It also puts an end to every single democrat 'investigation' in to Trump, his FAMILY, and RUSSIA.

D's really don't see their EPIC cognitive dissonance.

There is so much ammo that can be used against them with H. Res 138.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
There is a very specific thing about using "antisemitism" as the go to thing to demonize people. Semites are a rather large group of people, and can be an astoundingly large group of people if you were to follow the Biblical roots of the word Semite. The biblical roots of Semite refers to the descendants of Shem, which would apply to an ever larger group that those that speak Semitic languages. So if you are talking about descendants of Shem, according to Biblical (and Rabbinical) sources that makes up approximately 1/3rd of the world's population. However if you are talking about people who speak languages that are Semitic, you are still talking about 330 million people, 300 million of which speak Arabic, 22 million that speak Amharic, 7 million that speak Tigrinya, and 5 million that speak Hebrew.

So from both viable definitions of what Semitic applies to, it does not apply to only Jewish people, or Israelis. It applies to Many of the people who are regularly called antisemitic due to their dislike if Israel.

So it really is a meaningless insult, that is only such because it is completely misunderstood by the people it is used against.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

It seems to be more an anti-Semitic resolution than something supporting black people so you can relax:

"Whereas accusing Jews of being more loyal to Israel or to the
Jewish community than to the United States constitutes
anti-Semitism because it suggests that Jewish citizens
cannot be patriotic Americans and trusted neighbors,
when Jews have loyally served our Nation every day since
its founding, whether in public or community life or military service;
Whereas accusations "

I don't have a problem with Americans of Jewish descent serving in government. I do have a problem with anyone with dual citizenship status who is voting in another country's elections serving in key government and Pentagon positions.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

She has said more than that though. That was just the third or fourth thing she has said.

She has been warned a couple of times, and has doubled down every single time. And again, it's not like Israel is the only country that lobbies the US government. I've pointed this out. All our allies do it, and multiple other countries too. They all have their defenders in the government.

If that's all it takes to question one's loyalty to the US, then we can question Tlaib's loyalty over Palestine and Palestinaians, for example. We could question Omar over Somalia. Tit for Tat.

Look at all the various places that get foreign aid and look at who exactly champions that aid and question *their* loyalty.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Keep in mind that there is still some question about Obama's citizenship states.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The Dems on the other hand refuse to just condemn the words that mar said, and instead make it about other forms of bigotry as well

They shouldn't condemn the words she said.

She didn't say anything wrong.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Watch as bills get passed to erode our freedom of speech, and people will be cheering it on as both parties offer up sacrificial politicians to absorb the blame and justification.

So everyone get their lists ready to jot down the subjects that the government will soon deem off limits.

I think Glenn Greenwald, as always, did a great job summarizing the theatrics of this situation.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

The Dems on the other hand refuse to just condemn the words that mar said, and instead make it about other forms of bigotry as well

They shouldn't condemn the words she said.

She didn't say anything wrong.

Thats really irrelevant to the thread though.

First, notice that in my video and even in the OP i reaally dont say she said anything wrong. I havent commented on it because I don't feel her statements were obvious anti semitism. She may be anti semitic, but to me this is not definitive proof, and so I have no real comment.

However, the game the dems have been playing is calling anyone who calls out anyone of a group racist. For example, they demanded Steve King be reprimanded by Republicans. And so the Republicans thought turn about was fair play. I disagree with the republicans playing this game, but thats what happened.

And so the dems were placed ion a tough spot; on one hand they play this game (notice how they claimed criticizing Omar was Islamophobia) and so even though their msm pals would back them, they would look silly totally absolving Omar of these statements, but on the other hand they cant ostracize their base.

So they put out this garbage resolution to try to placate both sides.

My point is as bad as that is, thats not the real issue to me. The real issue is that even in the worthless resolution they put out, the dems had to inject cultural marxism, and lament only bigotry against their preferred "oppressed" minority groups.

And further more, Republicans playing this game are icthing to claim democrats are attacxking only their preffered minority groups, and have no problem ignoring hatred or violence against non minority groups.

Both sides are exhibiting hypocrisy and a lack of caring for victims of bigotry, and are only calling it out when they think it can benefit them.

I reject that from both sides (though admittedly I think its worse among democrats who thrive on identity politics). Bigotry and racism is wrong no matter who it happens to.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   

They are trying to excuse the two radical AQAP/ISIL/Hamas/Hezbollah supporting terrorists that somehow managed to get installed in Congress.

9/11 victims are spinning in their graves. Holocaust victims would be weeping for the atrocity of putting the enemy in a position of power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join