It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort sentenced to 4 years for fraud in Mueller case

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Here it is. So many were calling for a life sentence for what he had done. How he helped the Russian with helping Trump. Oh wait, that was while he worked for Podesta. In fact, everything he was sentenced for had nothing to do with our president.

Link

A federal judge on Thursday sentenced President Donald Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort to serve 47 months in prison, a far shorter length of time than prosecutors in the case had argued for. The decision from federal judge T.S. Ellis in Virginia comes less than a week before Manafort’s second sentencing hearing in another case in Washington, D.C., district court. Both cases were brought on charges lodged by special counsel Robert Mueller in his ongoing probe of Russia’s election meddling and possible collusion with the Trump campaign.

He received the smallest amount of time he could have for these crimes as well as the lowest monetary fine which was 50k. It could have been up top to 24 million. He took it like a man unlike Cohen.

Manafort, seated in a wheelchair and clad in a green prison jumpsuit during the hearing, spoke of the hardship he has faced as a prime figure in the high-profile Mueller investigation. “The last two years have been the most difficult for my family and I,” Manafort said in his plea for compassion from the judge.

“To say I have been humiliated and ashamed would be a gross understatement,” he said. Before delivering his sentence, Ellis said that Manafort has “been a good friend to others, a generous person.”

The judge added: “He has lived an otherwise blameless life.”

Manafort had been convicted in the Virginia court last summer on eight counts of bank fraud, tax fraud and failing to file a foreign bank account report. The charges mostly pertained to Manafort’s past work for Ukraine’s Russia-backed president at the time, Viktor Yanukovych.

The book is now closed on this one and it is time for the new AG to use what was found in testimony to go after those Manafort worked for and with for decades. The Podesta Group and the Clintons who are directly tied to them.

What is worse is this. Not that I have a thought one way or another but read this...

“It’s very sad, what happened to Paul,” Trump said of Manafort in November. “I have not offered any pardons,” he said at that time, but added, “I’m not taking anything off the table.” New York authorities are reportedly prepping charges against Manafort if Trump does pardon his crimes.

The NY DA's seem to be pulling a lot of weight in Washington right now as the back prosecution.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Nine months of Paul Manafort's 47 month sentence have already been served. Judge Ellis said the 24 year sentence recommendation from Bob Mueller was crazy.

www.foxnews.com...

Bob Mueller's indictments have been akin to using a sledge-hammer to squash ants, in this witch-hunt. Retired NYC prosecutor (Andy McCarthy) said a freshman Federal Prosecutor could have done what Mueller has "accomplished" over the past 2 years, using 90% fewer resources.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That was waaaay below the sentencing guidelines. The way I see it that speaks volumes about the judges feelings on malicious prosecution.

Like you said he’s already serve nine months . I suspect within six months he will appear in front of Ellis for a sentence reduction and will get it cut in half at least .

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

That was waaaay below the sentencing guidelines. The way I see it that speaks volumes about the judges feelings on malicious prosecution.

Like you said he’s already serve nine months . I suspect within six months he will appear in front of Ellis for a sentence reduction and will get it cut in half at least .

I guess it all depends on what happens to Mueller and Co in the next 6 months...

So you're probably right.

To the OP, I wonder if he will indeed get pardoned.

Again, I guess it depends on what the Democratic leadership looks like in 6 months...

Declassify Mr. President!!!!

edit on 7-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

BUT?

RUSSIANS !!! 😖

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I hope Manafort isn't really as sick as trial followers indicate that he is. Wheelchair, bloodshot eyes, etc..

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I haven’t heard about any particular illness.

I’m inclined to believe they just broke him.

If that’s what happened Hillary will probably throw a party .

Pure vindictiveness and evil . 😡

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That was waaaay below the sentencing guidelines. The way I see it that speaks volumes about the judges feelings on malicious prosecution. Like you said he’s already serve nine months . I suspect within six months he will appear in front of Ellis for a sentence reduction and will get it cut in half at least .

Look at the context/environment of the crime committed, which was basically hiding money from the IRS (just like everyone else) and got caught because of his 2 month affiliation with the Trump Campaign. His was an 'unfortunate situation' because of CHANCE circumstance. Everyone is vunerable.
edit on 7-3-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He will be sentenced in a second case next week with Max time I think of 10 years

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

When Trump declassifies the texts and FISA documents .

I don’t want to see the Democrats investigated.

I want to see a RECKONING!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Suddenly BUZZFEED is reporting like REAL news outlets used to.

Manafort's Sentencing: www.buzzfeednews.com...

CNN, MSNBC, NYTimes, and Washington Post need to be given an embarrassing Ass Kicking like BuzzFeed received from Bob Mueller and other influential sources, last month.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Judge Amy Jackson has already said she believes mueller‘s investigation targeted people because of their relationship to Trump. She also ordered rosenstein to submit the memo on Mueller’s scope of investigation’s .

Hopefully she will depart from guidelines and run the sentence concurrent .

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

No DECLAS until William Barr shuts down Bob Mueller. As Devin Nunes said this week, there's no reason for Bob Mueller to stop his witch-hunt voluntarily. Mueller is keeping himself and his deep-state colleagues (current and former) from having their sordid activities exposed.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Judge Ellis was given the non-redacted Rosenstein (scope of Mueller's investigation) memo. He had already complained that Mueller was trying to "put the screws" to Manafort....so Manafort would make up a crime for Trump to be charged with.

Apparently, seeing the Aug 2017 Rosenstein "scope memo" solidified Ellis's belief that Mueller was out to get Manafort. Hence the really light sentence today.

For some reason, NBC News is really complaining loudly about the 47 months. They're finding "experts" who echo the network's feelings, and giving them plenty of airtime and print.

NBC is outraged! : www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

No DECLAS until William Barr shuts down Bob Mueller. As Devin Nunes said this week, there's no reason for Bob Mueller to stop his witch-hunt voluntarily. Mueller is keeping himself and his deep-state colleagues (current and former) from having their sordid activities exposed.

Since you can pre-order The Mueller Report on Amazon right now (26 March is the publish date), I'm going to assume it's going to be over soon and is a bit of a nothingburger.

The Mueller Report

Now is it just me, or does it seem somehow wrong for us taxpayers to be on the hook for 20 million dollars or so for Mueller to sell the report as a book?

Maybe I'm just old fashioned...

edit on 7-3-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Won't RAT OUT Your Buddy ? Ok , take this Chicken Sheit Rap instead .....

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Process crimes guilt by association nothing more . It will be a different matter when the investigators are investigated. I think the calluses on their thumbs from planning the coup will destroy them .

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I stand corrected. Jackson didn’t get the memo Ellis did. She only grilled him for a couple hours. But at least they both had the same position and both were suspect of the prosecutor’s motives .

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Sounds very swampy to me...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join