It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Kidnapped French journalist in Iraq video plea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
French journalist Florence Aubenas, who was kidnapped and has been missing since January 5th, has emerged in a video that was released today pleading for her life. She claims she is in bad health and this is the first indication she is actually alive since her disappearance. She called upon French deputy Didier Julia to help release her.

www.timesonline.co.uk
Appearing alone in front of a maroon-colored background, Mme Aubenas looked tired and distraught, and said she was in bad health. She called upon French deputy Didier Julia to help release her.

"Please help me, my health is very bad," she said in English. "Please, it’s urgent now. I also especially Mr Didier Julia, the French deputy to help me. Please Mr Julia help me, it’s urgent, help me."

Her hair uncombed, she was dressed in a white sweater and grasped her knees with her arms as she spoke.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is very bad, we've been here before and we know where it almost always leads to unfortunately. Here's wishing for her safe return even though unfortunately know what the likely outcome is unless she's very fortunate.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by John Nada]

join