It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Paranormal as an Attempt to Communicate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've run across a couple of sources lately -- one of them the documentary "Hellier," and the other an unrelated Bigfoot documentary -- that seem to suggest that what we recognize and define as "paranormal" might actually be an attempt of some kind to communicate with us intellectually hampered human beings by some as-yet-unknown entity or organization or... whatever. It's hard to say exactly where this all might be coming from, and what its ultimate purpose is. But I kind of like this as a good, solid attempt to provide a common ground to explore and possibly explain not only a small strange happening, but all of the strangeness.

The supposed communication attempts come in all forms, most notably being an increase in odd synchronicities (or at least the awareness of them), along with practically any other kind of paranormal event you can think of, including UFO sightings and abductions, Bigfoot sightings, other strange cryptid sightings, time shifts, Men in Black, ghosts, telepathy, clairvoyance, and so on. Basically anything one could consider to be "high strangeness."

What typically happens is that if you continue looking into strange happenings, odd events, and unusual creatures, you begin to become more aware of these things operating in your reality. You start to see patterns in the whole of reality that link together ordinarily separate and distinct ideas and concepts. Of course, a lot of this is happening "in your head," but that doesn't necessarily make it any less real. Most of us are reasonably adept at spotting things that are "just coincidences," and usually dismiss them. But then they start to become interwoven to a greater, more unusual degree we can spot the difference. I'm giving myself and others the benefit of the doubt on that.

But I wonder just what the communication is supposed to be telling us? It catches our attention, of course, but we don't know what to do with the information as it's presented to us. I know that some people work very hard to try and make sense of the experience by putting it into a context that they find functional -- aliens, demons, religion, scientific explanations of brain function, etc. -- but because it's so odd I'm not sure if that's useful. It could very well be that we just can't understand what we're looking at or what "the other" is trying to tell us. I don't know.

Hopefully who or whatever is trying to interact with us will someday hit upon a way to do it in a way that we can understand, rather than manipulating our realities and perceptions and leaving us to try to make sense of seemingly bizarre and senseless appearances and intersections of the odd and strange in our lives.
edit on 7-3-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This post is a synchronicity for me, been on about this all day. Commenting to follow. Hope to add some thoughts later, also. Excellent topic.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well many have said in trance states they can perceive themselves through different histories of their DNA code, animal, cave men, farmers etc..
Our brains looked to have evolved from a reptilian like brain into a far more complex thing including two hemispheres, if evolution goes the way it goes, we will either evolve to a point where our brains are all connected wirelessly and our hive like mind will look to populate the galaxy and beyond or we will become extinct and reset back to factory settings.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Awesome thesis. Great subject to ponder. I really like that direction and thought path as an agnostic. That would maintain the veil between this world and the afterworld. The spirits people talk about receiving messages from could be being that are 'alive' in this reality and not soul who shed their mortal coil. The veil could still be intact.

What do you think about a morphic field or morphic resonance? I interpret it as basically a information source made up of thoughts and ideas accessible to everyone.

Something from this forum that I find curious and I probably just completely misunderstand. When I write out text, I usually try and proof read a little bit because my english/grammar sucks. I find no errors and post. After a little while, I reread what I have typed and then spot multiple errors. I almost like to think that as others read it with better knowledge than I have, they add mental notes on my screwups. I can pickup on my errors. What type of communication would allow that?

maybe there are other mediums of communication out there.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I just had to comment so I can follow this thread because I find your theory very intriguing! I can’t wait to see where this goes .

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Honestly idk what to say, and that's what I conclude to every time i try to find out what I could say, in an attempt to try to sum all this up, at the very least. It's one hell of a show though.
My most recent strangeness encounter was that of last night, and the time before that was a little less than a week ago, n' it's gets more prominent the further I live on my life.
So last night It was about 2 in the morning, and I go outside to smoke a cigarette before I can finally catch some z's. I know this may sound dumb but I didn't have a lighter or matches at the time, so the only way I was able to light my cigarette was with this high powered laser that I bought about two years ago (this # will burn you from 2 feet away).
Anyways, after I light my cigarette with it, since it was a really clear night and there was no air traffic in my area, I decide to beam it up to the cosmos for approx 5 seconds, and during those seconds, I thought to myself about how I really wanted to see a shooting star or even a UFO again if I was lucky enough.
About two seconds after I turned off the laser, I saw a shooting star, streak through the sky - coming from right where I was pointing that laser 2 seconds ago.. it was a beautiful shooting star too.
I don't know how to interpret these messages, but I can't even describe in words how much I love receiving them, an in some of the forms you previously had described, adding a lil more emphasis on the time shifts, clairvoyance, and synchronicities.

edit on 3/8/2019 by LtFluffyCakes96 because: Grammer nazi

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Do you remember that episode of Star Trek TNG where the Enterprise kept crashing into the ship that had Kelsey Grammer as the captain? Probably not, that's ok. Kelseys ship appears from the past out of a fracture in space time causing a crash that destroys both ships, then resets the clock back a day just to have it happen all over again. Each time the loop repeats people on the ship report stranger and stranger events, like voices and whispers in the night, these are just some kind of a temporal echo that they were able to experience. I sometimes wonder if "paranormal" occurrences are the result of something similar, some kind of a time loop that our reality regularly experiences.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
What do you think about a morphic field or morphic resonance? I interpret it as basically a information source made up of thoughts and ideas accessible to everyone.

I've explored Rupert Sheldrake's idea of morphic resonance on an off for a while. It's interesting, but had to put into a framework consistent with contemporary science -- except those quantum physics guys, but we all know they're talking about magic.

From what I understand of it, it's as if physical objects, as well as ideas and concepts, have a particular form or shape that is essentially projected onto them by our minds, and these forms exist in some unknown fashion through time in such a way that past forms can influence future forms (naturally, a baseball today holds onto its form to become the baseball of tomorrow), but also that a future form can influence a form in the past. So that, for instance, when somebody puts a signature on a baseball in the future, it somehow influences the baseball in the past to align itself with a reality that will eventually cause it to be signed. We don't have anything in current physics that could account for that.

It's like everything moves through time as a kind of existential "smear." In the distant past, an idea of the thing might have existed, then it comes into physical existence where it can be perceived and experienced -- we call it "now" -- then it continues into the future as the thing/idea itself (worn down by what is essentially the resistance of existence), as well as the remnants, echoes and memories. There's an interplay between the physical object and our perception of it that carries through time, but not only forward, but backward as well.

I don't know how it's supposed to work. The notion of a "resonance" is interesting, because it suggests that the energy is not so much transferred but "harmonized" across the timeline. Maybe there is some way to amplify that form -- "amplified perception" -- in such a way that it can be controlled and aimed back at us to give us paranormal experiences, and once we tune into it we see more and more odd things.

Somebody stares at us behind our back, we look, and we're surprised to find out they are. Somehow the feeling of surprise and uneasiness we get in the future when we discover it to be true somehow resonates back through time to us, making us uneasy in the present even though we only have a vague feeling of somebody watching us.

So maybe it's a natural process, and there is no attempt at communication involved. Paranormal experiences don't seem to have a goal. They're not necessarily aimed at giving us a warning of something bad that's going to happen, although that happens sometimes.

Maybe we're still in training. Most of us aren't born with the ability to read, and it's something we have to work at as children. So we're trying to learn to read the message being sent to us, but we don't even know our ABCs yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Do you remember that episode of Star Trek TNG where the Enterprise kept crashing into the ship that had Kelsey Grammer as the captain? Probably not, that's ok. Kelseys ship appears from the past out of a fracture in space time causing a crash that destroys both ships, then resets the clock back a day just to have it happen all over again. Each time the loop repeats people on the ship report stranger and stranger events, like voices and whispers in the night, these are just some kind of a temporal echo that they were able to experience. I sometimes wonder if "paranormal" occurrences are the result of something similar, some kind of a time loop that our reality regularly experiences.

Yesterday's Enterprise

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Perhaps one way to make sense of things like the occasional outbreaks of syncronicities is to see them as expressions of will or intent that are, if you like, in ol' Carlos Castaneda's view; "agreements from the world around us".

That is the realm of will and doing as opposed to conceptual thinking.

Another consideration is the difference in intellect (if indeed they use intellect).

"The oven door will burn you!" makes no sense to a small child no matter how much I explain thermodynamics.

So I turn on the oven to a safe temperature I can touch without a lot of pain and say "Hot! Don't touch!" while pointing.

The child will reach out and touch it, children do that sort of thing.

"Oww!" will be the response and they have learned what hot is without explanation.

Children won't make the same mistake again. They will listen next time someone says; "Hot! Don't touch!". - that is teaching children about the world.

So if we are but small children to "them", it follows that "they" might use demonstration rather then explanation.

It follows perhaps that approaching "them" using intelect may not be the smartest idea.

edit on 11-3-2019 by AlanHenderson because: neatness

posted on Mar, 11 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ziplock9000

Thank you

new topics

top topics

join