It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grid down short film-The unprepared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thought I might share this vid I came across today.

From the video description:

I have wanted to tell the (mostly visual) story of someone who is not prepared. Or at least one variation of it. In our community, we know well that the scared and the unprepared will be led toward actions that as of this moment, they would never think themselves capable of performing. This is one such scenario.
(emphasis added...)

also

A man and his dog as they work to survive a regional grid down event. As you can see, the lone wolf wasn't wholly unprepared. He had some initial food, weapons, communications and lights. But was he didn't have, he needed the most as days turned to weeks.

It is a 20+ minute short film, but take a look if you have the time. It's very thought provoking.

Without giving to much away about the content of the video, there is no way I could resort to the outcome...

I will comment more later

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That was kind of depressing but touched on a vexing problem, pets. The responsibility toward domesticated pets in an apocalyptic world. The majority of which won't be able to fend for themselves. I can accept death in that scenario for myself but it bugs the # out of me what happens to my pets.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Very depressing, especially when you consider how little effort he put in to foraging or hunting. he completely ignored trapping which would have given him enough mice and small rodents to keep his dog fed. Maybe I'll stick to videos by people who know a bit about survival, this guy was just as lost as any city slicker, perhaps more so.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I watched the video. If I thought I'd gained any insight from it, then it would have been "each man for himself". An instinct we are born with. I think maybe it can be called "competition" to survive. One must let the emotions take a back burner on this event in ones life.
edit on 0300000057132019-03-07T18:13:57-06:00135703pm6 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
That was kind of depressing but touched on a vexing problem, pets. The responsibility toward domesticated pets in an apocalyptic world. The majority of which won't be able to fend for themselves. I can accept death in that scenario for myself but it bugs the # out of me what happens to my pets.

Exactly! My boys are my sons. Something he says at about 23 mins:

"The human mind has a way of overcoming that emotional attachment"

I would like to think not for me. My dogs are on an even plane with my father, my brother, my daughter, her husband, my grandson, granddaughter...anyone who I consider part of my family

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: edaced4

Exactly! My boys are my sons. Something he says at about 23 mins:

"The human mind has a way of overcoming that emotional attachment"

I would like to think not for me. My dogs are on an even plane with my father, my brother, my daughter, her husband, my grandson, granddaughter...anyone who I consider part of my family

You have a kind heart.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: edaced4

Couldn't make it through the video, did he eat the dog, from comments I think so!

He should be thankful that he didn't own a little dog like Hilton carries in her purse. Lol
edit on 7-3-2019 by tayton because: Inforget

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Stock up on the same food you would eat. Pets will eat rice and beans before they starve.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

I hear you there, but I don't even prep for myself. I have no desire to be prepared for a long life in a mad max scenario. But I would feel guilty as hell for my pets, especially the cats that are declawed in the front. Maybe after they pass, I will get get non exotic birds. World blows up ..... open the window and freeeeeeeedom.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I hear you there, but I don't even prep for myself. I have no desire to be prepared for a long life in a mad max scenario. But I would feel guilty as hell for my pets, especially the cats that are declawed in the front. Maybe after they pass, I will get get non exotic birds. World blows up ..... open the window and freeeeeeeedom.

I understand how ya feel. But you might wanna at least try yo get a few things? Basic defense and a small amount of food, for at least short term disasters? Wouldn't you want to survive something that lasts only a couple months?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

(sorry for off topic).... don't tell anyone, but I am kind of excited to see what is on the other side. I will never hasten my meeting with grim and I do everything in my power to stay healthy day to day, but if this world were to experience something catastrophic, I would enjoy it to the max as I would probably never have another opportunity to experience that level of pain and true lessons from reality in any other way through my current cushy life.
I just don't have the
's to try or do it of my own free will.

top topics

join