It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Homocide (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Two bodies have been recovered from U.S. District Judge Joan Humphrey Lefkow's residence and identified as her mother and husband. Police have not stated how they died or if these murders have anything to do with previous cases of Lefkow's.

www.nbc5.com
Police said the judge came home around 6 p.m. to find the two victims in the residence in the 5200 block of North Lakewood Avenue.

The victims were identified as Michael Lefkow, 64, a private attorney, and Donna Lefkow, 89, who was visiting from Denver, NBC5's Sharon Wright reported.

"Mike was a very good guy, very diligent attorney (who) represented a lot of people who needed help," family friend Ray Grobel said.

Police and the FBI are conducting a death investigation.

Officers would not say how the two people were killed.

"Judge Lefkow is a wonderful judge, and I really hope it has nothing to do with any cases she's ever worked on, because that's an outragous position for any judge to be in, to think that their family could be at risk because of decisions they make in their cases," family friend Candice Gorman said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I did find it funny how because it is a federal judge involved, the press automatically points the finger at an outside source for the murder suspect. I do not feel at this point that the Judge murdered her mother and husband, but why is she automatically dismissed? If this were situation were to have occured with me, I would be suspected. I thought justice was blind, not blind to those who are not her friends.

The US judicial system is flawed, plain and simple. I am not asking for there to be a witch trial where the justice is pointed out as the suspect. However, I disagree with how there is no suspicion whatsoever put on the person to last saw the victims or whether she was still in the house or not. If she was, why then wouldn't they kill her? The Hale case is over with. Why then would he have intimidation tactics performed rather than take out his anger on her?

Related News Links:
www.nbc5.com
www.macleans.ca

[edit on 1-3-2005 by CAConrad0825]

join