It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Muslim Jihad in the House begins....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I am not one to defend Israel as a country, but when you have a Muslim representative in the American senate insulting a nation you need to dig deep.

What about when a Jew (Sanders) says it's kosher?

some of my best friends are Jewish.......

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I am not one to defend Israel as a country, but when you have a Muslim representative in the American senate insulting a nation you need to dig deep.

What about when a Jew (Sanders) says it's kosher?

some of my best friends are Jewish.......

On of my best friends is Jewish, part of my mom's side is Jewish, one of the most serious girlfriends I had was Jewish.

But this wasn't ever about Judaism, this was about someone criticizing Israel, and the influence a tiny country has on our operating procedure.

This is about faux outrage that of all people said it, a Mooslim *Gasp*, and worse, she's a congress lady in our country bringing Jihad on our country.

I say faux outrage, because she is one woman, she does not have that much power in the congress, but you know who does? Saudi Arabia.

Where is the outrage when stories come out they are deeply tied into lobbyist and PR efforts in Washington? Where is the outrage when our politicians vote for their best interest and not ours?

There isn't any.

This thread is the saddest state of affairs I've seen on ATS. The hypocrisy is so rich.

Everyone who bitches that the media is so quick to resort to labeling someone celebrating it in this instance. Everyone who complains the PC culture in America is eroding our environment for discussion quickly embracing this situation as it fits their agenda.

The left and the right are not different now, there is no more high road for the right.... They demolished that bridge here and now.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Why is it when Omar criticizes Israel it's considered anti-Semitic but when Trump retweets prominent white supremacists and neo-Nazis we're told it's no big deal?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

You literally just described the last two years of the left and their "feelz" about Trump.

How ironic.

Yup, I called them out for it too.

Now the shoe is on both feet.

How ironic.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

edit on 8-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Just trying to point out the hypocrisy. The Right bitches and moans about the virtue signaling of the Left but what they're doing here with Omar is virtue signaling at its finest.

They couldn't care less about whether Omar is an anti-semite. What they're actually offended by is the fact that someone in a position of power called out America for being Israel's bitch. Which is true. The amount of power and money Israel wields over many of our politicians is staggering. But instead of acknowledging that many of the people elected to represent us are instead representing a foreign state they would rather just plug their ears and cry anti-Semitism.

It's a classic case of cognitive dissonance.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This I can agree with you on. I deleted my post because I didn't want to start a thread drift, but back on topic, your above statement I can agree with.

Unfortunately, partisans only care about the hypocrisy of the other side most of the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Criticizing Islam is not Ismaophobic.

(Just wanted to toss that little jewel out there. . . . but apparently, to the Muslim women in congress, it is Islamophobic.)

Irony.

You are making an incorrect analogy in regards to what she said. A more correct analogy would be "Criticizing Iraq is not Islamaphobic". She criticized the state of Israel ... not Judaism.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Your 'apology' is as believable as Omars was for her comments....

Nobody has responded to CriticalStinker's request... please provide a quote for what she said that was anti-semetic...

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The problem with this threads entire supposition is the incorrect assumption that what Rep Omar said was in fact anti-Semitic.

Calling out AIPAC for having politicians swear allegiance to Israel isn't anti-Semitic, its shining a light of detestable actions by a foreign government.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: matafuchs

Your 'apology' is as believable as Omars was for her comments....

Nobody has responded to CriticalStinker's request... please provide a quote for what she said that was anti-semetic...

Don't hold your breath, I've asked in every thread about this issue.

You're expected to do the fallowing.

A-Read between the lines

B-Google it yourself

C-Listen to other members' hyperbole laden interpretations

D-Drink the Koolaid and accept all of the above.

If you want a good summary though Glenn Greenwald's was a good compilation of events and nuance.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hmmmm,
Letting Omar and her collegue run wild with anti-Israel comments......could that get the supposedly Jewish controlled media and Hollywood on Trump side in 2020. I want her to keep going, let's see what it takes for the NPC to short circuit from their pre-programming.

I know Bill Maher can lead the way, by having Ben Affleck back, let them have another ideological fight.

edit on 8-3-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

A very well written article that perfectly sums up the issue.

If what Omar said is anti-Semitic does that mean any politician that is concerned with inner city violence is racist? I mean if what Omar said can be construed as supporting derogatory stereotypes of Jews then being concerned with inner city violence must mean you believe that black people are violent thugs.

It's the same ridiculous leap in logic.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Based on this, and this alone, this Ilhan Omar character sounds pretty cool.

Doesn't think much of the genocidal Imperial state of Israel, hated by Pelosi. Both are positive traits.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: narrator
What has she said that is anti-Semitic?

Criticizing Israel, and those who support it, isn't anti-Semitic.

She hasn't said anything negative about Jewish people, or Judaism. Therefore, not anti-Semitic.

ETA: There is a rapidly rising culture in America, wherein getting upset about everything you disagree with is trendy. Doesn't make it true, people just twist someone's words to mean whatever they want, run with it, then people fall into 2 camps, agree or disagree. That's ridiculous. She never criticized a religion, but people just want to be upset about something, so they do crap like this.

You speak the truth, as does Omar. In a time of universal deception, speaking the truth is a radical act.

The simple truth is that AIPAC has inordinate influence in how the US government operates and what policies it adopts.

The Israeli government virtually controls the federal government. More and more people are beginning to understand that fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

This has been going on forever.

The mission isn't altruism, but rather power.

We saw the red menace push McCarthyism to silence those that questioned the establishment.

We saw the fear of terrorism cower the populace into giving up most of our freedoms in one of the biggest power grabs by government in American history.

We saw in 2012 CNN International pull one of their most expensive documentaries from every being aired, and only airing once on CNN in America due to the fact it would harm a US ally.

A Texas city makes you pledge to never boycott Israel if you want hurricane aid.

Saudi Arabi lobbied millions of dollars to have Yemen bill killed in Senate

Reporters jailed for exposing questionable foreign relations, not giving up their sources, (this one was eventually released- James Risen)

James Rosen had his communications subpeanad to identify his source in a story.

Texas won't hire contractors who boycott Israel.

Laws around boycotting Israel pushed through congress, this is one Here is how they tried to slip the measures into another

No one cares so long as they get to catch their domestic opponents slipping.

It's gone, and I no longer listen to citizen lip service about "I'll even defend my oponents to protect free speech", because whenever given the opportunity, they'll use the same tactics as all those seeking to power grab in an attempt to smear someone on the other side of the aisle.

That was a quick list, someone could compile a much larger one and make a thread about it and get 5 flags and 20 deflection or circle jerk replies.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: matafuchs

The House foreign affairs committee is given regular top-secret briefings on what's going on around the globe.

Omar could be a mole, taking that info and supplying it to like-minded enemies of America.

She should not be on that committee.

I don't want her in this country (USA).

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: matafuchs

It's extremely disheartening that democrats continually get away with stuff like this while they make daily claims that Republicans and Trump are racist.

Get away with what?

A) The Holocaust happened.
B) Allied forces evicted Palestinians from their own country and homeland to give Jews a nation of their own.
C) The Jewish people deserve safety and security and a nation of their own where they are free to prosper.
D) The Israeli government has been the most successful foreign country on planet earth in lobbying for influence and control over the US government. Israel employs unprecedented measures of carrot (Cash) and stick (fierce political attack) to maintain this "unique relationship".

So much so that any and every US politician fears even whispering a question as to whether or not the USA should enthusiastically support and back 100% and often fund, without question, everything a foreign government does.

The US + Israel relationship deserves objective scrutiny and no US Policy should EVER be unconditional support of a foreign power. If Israel wants that, then they can raise the US flag in their new Capitol in Jerusalem, if not then they should not be immune from US politicians questioning the Israeli governments policies and activities.

Omar is a welcome breath of fresh air looking to publicly discuss the relationship with Israel.

Doesn't mean she is 100% right, but is a nation of open discourse, Israel should not enjoy special, never talk about them, status.

edit on 8-3-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I think the usa is always open to debate about our allies.
Perhaps it would be better served coming from someone who allegedly supports Hamas?
dailycaller.com...

Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar is scheduled to raise money in March with the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) only a week after she used an anti-Semitic trope to claim Israel has paid for GOP support. Omar will be the keynote speaker at CAIR’s 4th Annual Valley Banquet on March 23 to discuss advancing justice and empowering Muslims, according to the organization’s invitation. Single tickets start at $55 per person and a table can cost upwards of $500.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Extorris

I think the usa is always open to debate about our allies.
Perhaps it would be better served coming from someone who allegedly supports Hamas?
dailycaller.com...

Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar is scheduled to raise money in March with the Hamas-linked Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) only a week after she used an anti-Semitic trope to claim Israel has paid for GOP support. Omar will be the keynote speaker at CAIR’s 4th Annual Valley Banquet on March 23 to discuss advancing justice and empowering Muslims, according to the organization’s invitation. Single tickets start at $55 per person and a table can cost upwards of $500.

CAIR (Hamas linked). Easy to "link" groups like that.
Every single organization on planet earth is categorized as "Hamas linked" that acknowledges the fact that large numbers of unarmed Palestinian men, women and children have been killed by Israeli forces or that the Palestinian population is severely oppressed and continues to be kicked off what is left of their land with expanding Israeli settlements that everyone agrees are illegal and far out of bounds of the borders established when the Palestinians were first kicked off their land.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join