It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi UNLOADS on Freshman Democrats, ‘Walks Out of Room’ Over Omar Scandal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe what everyone is upset about isn't that she said some words that people interpret to be an attack against the entire tribe, but SHE dared say anything at all. Maybe if it were anyone else that didn't have ties to islam, then it would be perfectly ok to state what she stated?

It is curious that examples of other politicians speaking out about american taxpayer's money being funneled to this foreign government isn't available, at least not to my searching skills. Almost like daring to speak out about the 38 billion gift is political suicide. Freedom of speech, right? Shouldn't we be applauding her courage where everyone else just tucks their tails and runs?

Why is it political suicide to merely state an opposing oppinion on this subject?

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise"

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Criticism is perfectly fine, she criticized government, not religion.

I say criticize both, they are both dangerous in large quantities.

I wouldn't be opposed, and neither would the people judging her for her remarks.

How many times has someone called me an anti-semite for being critical of Israels government, none that I can remember.

She is being attacked because she is Muslim and chimed in on it.... The irony is rich.

She's just getting a dose of her own medicine. She keeps screaming Islamophobia, so what makes her special?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Criticism is perfectly fine, she criticized government, not religion.

I say criticize both, they are both dangerous in large quantities.

I wouldn't be opposed, and neither would the people judging her for her remarks.

How many times has someone called me an anti-semite for being critical of Israels government, none that I can remember.

She is being attacked because she is Muslim and chimed in on it.... The irony is rich.

She's just getting a dose of her own medicine. She keeps screaming Islamophobia, so what makes her special?

Islamophobia is a poor choice in words, and she is just keeping this PC buzzword culture going.

But it is possible some, not all, are mad at her for saying what she said because she is Muslim. While that doesn't mean everyone is discriminating her, I'm sure some are. Some are just overly sensitive and scream anti-semite any time someone says the word Israel without following it with something positive.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Again, whether you think it's right or wrong, the point is that Omar is only concerned about one country and not any other. That's why it's considered anti-Semitic.

I think this tweet against Saudi Arabia goes past lip service.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Can’t she be both ?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Can’t she be both ?

Be both what?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Can’t she be both ?

Be both what?

Be against both Israel and the Saudis.

Or are you making the mistake of assuming that a Muslim is a Muslim is a Muslim? That's like assuming all Christians are the same and so are all Jews.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Can’t she be both ?

Be both what?

Be against both Israel and the Saudis.

Or are you making the mistake of assuming that a Muslim is a Muslim is a Muslim? That's like assuming all Christians are the same and so are all Jews.

You said she singles out Israel... I offered her tweet against Saudi Arabia.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
How do you expect Democrats to vote against things they believe in, with all their hearts?

They believe in "hate speech".

They believe Jewish people are evil.

That's why they're in a quagmire. Democrats are torn between being "honest", or lying for "optics".

oh c'mon, you can lie better than that about democrats.....

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Can’t she be both Anti-Jewish and anti-Saudi

She seems to be an angry child a full of hate .

I can’t help to wonder why she always apologizes for her tweets. She apologized for the 2012 tweet claiming that it wasn’t intended to be anti-simatic. Then she posted another one recently and apologized claiming the same thing. I seem to see a pattern ?

“It’s all about the Benjamin”.

That has nothing to do with the Jewish stereotype as money grubbers or the evil Jewish Zionist trying to buy the world and the US government . It could in no way be construed to connect Jewish Zionist with Israel .

We’ve already settled that. She was only talking about hundred dollar bills, paper and ink because she didn’t specifically name a race of people.

All words are to be taken literally .

The world is no longer allowed to read the meaning behind them.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

All words are to be taken literally . The world is no longer allowed to read the meaning behind them.

Only for the left though. The hypocrisy is pretty thick in this thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Maybe she doesn't like the policy of Saudi Arabia or Israel.

I don't.

I see people going against valid statements blowing tjrm out of proportion for partisanship.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
And yet you all still turn a blind eye to everything happening around trump...LOL....

But continue with your daily multiple anti-dem threads... You are the joke of ATS now.... wear your crown proudly

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

All words are to be taken literally . The world is no longer allowed to read the meaning behind them.

Only for the left though. The hypocrisy is pretty thick in this thread.

I've been one of the few arguing this isn't antisemitic and I'm not part of the left.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I know you aren't part of the left. You seem like a moderate based on what I've seen you post. What I was referring too is the double standards from the left. Here is an example.

Trump says, some illegals are rapists and murderers. The left turns that into him meaning all Mexicans are rapists and murderers.

Trump says, Why are we having all these people from #hole countries come here? The left turns that into him being a racist towards everyone from that country.

You can include yourself with the left if you want. I'd recommend staying where you are though, you've always seemed reasonable to me.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

You're falling hard for Democrat BS.

All the "recent" Omar "remarks" were all part of an elaborate setup to get this new "BigotBill" passed and take the "old heat" off Democrats ?

"Any Means Necessary" 😴🚬🤣

Here comes 2020 roflmao 😆

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So the master legislator, the queen of politics, the strong and devout 'feminist Catholic' speaker of the house folds her cards and hands control of the Democratic party to the freshman representative from Minnesota.

Pelosi went out with hardly a whimper. Shes like a substitute teacher trying to teach a gang class.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington
Oh well you don't bring rocks and knives to a gun fight. These so called Palestinians are never happy. It was Yasser Arafat who never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity. Golda Mier once said that when Palestinians love their children more than they hate Jews peace can be achieved.

Say what you want about Israel but many of the things you are using now were discovered in Israel. So love them or hate them todays societies are better for it. What have the Palestinians contributed ? Death and destruction. My heart does not bleed for them as they create their own troubles.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Thanks.

And yes, they have made their bed, and they're sleeping in it on this.

While I think identity politics, the way they conducted 2016, and the way they are trending for 2020 is toxic.... I understand celebrating a backfire, but playing the same game is no better.

We have to be honest about what she did even if her and her party wouldn't do the same.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   
After playing up identity politics, race, gender, etc, and calling everyone Nazis and racists, I don’t have much empathy for them getting eaten by the sjws they supported and encouraged.
a reply to: xuenchen

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join