It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi UNLOADS on Freshman Democrats, ‘Walks Out of Room’ Over Omar Scandal

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

After the “all about the Benjamins” comment, Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer declared, “Rep. Omar’s use of an anti-Semitic stereotype was offensive and irresponsible. This kind of intolerance has no place in Congress — or anywhere in American society. No one should invoke anti-Semitic tropes during policy disagreements.”

Schumer

Never thought I would ever agree with that snip hat.

That's ok. It just goes to show that you're consistent and you won't disagree with Schumer just because he's a lefty. It's not like you agreed with a border wall 4 years ago and consider the same border wall immoral and racist today because someone you hate favors it.
edit on 8-3-2019 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree with you that there is no proof of this woman being anti-Semitic. I will also admit that I believe this woman probably does hate Israel.

Whatever the case may be, Nancy Pelosi obviously doesn't like the vibe this woman sends out.

Pelosi totally threatened by the Big3:

Ilhan Omar
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Rashida Tlaib

Hell on Earth 😆

That's because as stupid and radical as Pelosi is, she still has enough sense not to trust the three amigos. Schumer doesn't either. Normally democrats stand together and toe those lines regardless of how they really feel. I'm very surprised to see this happening. At first they were alienating their own people, now they're splitting apart. And as weird as it feels to say it, Pelosi and crew aren't as far left as the three amigos.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

This is sarcasm but it’s not aimed at you it’s just out of frustration . Lol

I’ve discussed that post three or four times . After every angle the position changes to the word “Israel” and whether it reflects on the Jewish people or it strictly refers to the Jewish government . Everyone in the discussions but me agreed that the word Israeli in all cases only refers to the government.

Just like when someone in France says America is racist . They aren’t talking about any American being racist they’re only referring to the government . Who can argue with that logic ? (Sarc)

Now on to your point which actually has merit. I agree with 99.9% of your position. There is a profound feeling of sympathy because of what did you wish people have gone through for the last 3000 years or so . The only part that I don’t agree on is that they got a free pass.

People do feel a lot of guilt but I think it’s more of a boost than a get out of jail free card .

I appreciate the fact that you looked at it in depth and were able to change the narrative .

Cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

When she mentions “Israel” she’s not talking about the Palestinians that live there that’s for damn sure . She speaking in code about the “evil” jooooooooooos.

So let’s rephrase it and see if it is anti-Semantic or racist.

* “ Black people have dumbed down the world . May God awaken all people so they can see the ignorance of blacks“

Correct me if I’m wrong .

But when you look at the intent not the words it is definitely racist and highly suspect of being anti-semantic.

* Note

There’s not a racist bone in my body . My use of the term black people was merely for comparison .

Of course it would be racist if the roles were reversed.

FTR, you don't have to tell us you're not racist just because you used the term "black people." That's not offensive or racist.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Thanks.

I was just covering my bases . It’s a habit I picked up from the gladiator sites . Lol

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Thanks.

I was just covering my bases . It’s a habit I picked up from the gladiator sites . Lol

It's all good. You're a Conservative, you're automatically a racist in the eyes of the left, just like me and all the other Conservatives including the black Conservatives.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I belly laughed when they called Candace Owens a racist . 😂🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

And better yet, I don't care what she said or didn't say 😆

It's the Hell Raising I like 😆

Disappointing.

I come to ATS for intelligent debate and analysis.

You seem to celebrate a juvenile love of perceived drama.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Thanks.

It's all good. You're a Conservative, you're automatically a racist in the eyes of the left, just like me and all the other Conservatives including the black Conservatives.

Racists are racists. Everyone else is not.

If that confuses you, then you are a racist.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I agree with you that there is no proof of this woman being anti-Semitic. I will also admit that I believe this woman probably does hate Israel.

Whatever the case may be, Nancy Pelosi obviously doesn't like the vibe this woman sends out.

Pelosi totally threatened by the Big3:

Ilhan Omar
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
Rashida Tlaib

Hell on Earth 😆

That's because as stupid and radical as Pelosi is, she still has enough sense not to trust the three amigos

Pelosi is a seasoned politician. Ocasio-Cortez is a one-woman walking eff-you response to Trumpism.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

And better yet, I don't care what she said or didn't say 😆

It's the Hell Raising I like 😆

Disappointing.

I come to ATS for intelligent debate and analysis.

You seem to celebrate a juvenile love of perceived drama.

Love the Hellbound Hellraisers

It's good for politics and it smears the Hell out of the self-proclaimed "philosophers" 😆

"Democrat Primary Voting Booths First and Second Doors on the Left"

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Thanks.

Racists are racists. Everyone else is not.

If that confuses you, then you are a racist.

Taking things a bit too serious aren't ya 😀

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

A freshman congressman shouldn't be running their mouths about Israel.

Especially a muslim one.

Jewish Americans are pissed off, and rightly so.

At least you're honest too.

So if I as a white person say I don't like the foreign policy of an African country, am I racist towards black people?

Yes, if you are part of religion that is hellbent on eliminating them. Add to that you wear that religion "on your sleeve" so to speak which says you care more about the religion than your job.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Especially a muslim one.

So if I as a white person say I don't like the foreign policy of an African country, am I racist towards black people?

Yes, if you are part of religion that is hellbent on eliminating them. Add to that you wear that religion "on your sleeve" so to speak which says you care more about the religion than your job.

There's 1.5 Muslims in the world, not all of them are extremists. Are there more extremist Muslims than Christians and Jews? Yes. Are there extremist Christians and Jews though, yes.

As with any ideology, you have extremists.

But just because they are Muslim, doesn't mean they are extremist.

Crazy, I know.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Look, I've thought about this all day, and I think what we should really be asking Omar is why she is in favor of a religious test for office.

Her remarks are making the insinuation that Jewish members of Congress cannot be loyal to the US and their oaths because of the existence of Israel due to the spiritual importance it has in Jewish religious belief and the material fact of its existence.

It is as insulting to a Jew as it would be if she said that Catholics could not be loyal because of the existence of Vatican City and the Papal State.

Someone should ask her how she squares her oaths to the US and the Constitution in the face of loyalty to the Islamic Umma and her beliefs about Mecca. It amounts to the same sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Have Christians not squared off with Christian nations? Has she been critical of other Muslim nations?

There is only one Jewish state, why should the government be immune to critisim just because they're a religious nation?

Israel clearly has more pull with us than most nations. So just because she's a Muslim she can't bring it up?

So she took money from CAIR, AIPAC is way bigger, the numbers are barely comoerable.

While she's pointed out foreign influence from Israel, she did for Saudi Arabia as well.

You've said she can hate both, but what's wrong with saying Saudi Arabia is an oppressive regime who commits human rights violations? That's not hate, that's pointing out a fact.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Especially a muslim one.

There's 1.5 Muslims in the world, not all of them are extremists. Are there more extremist Muslims than Christians and Jews? Yes. Are there extremist Christians and Jews though, yes.

As with any ideology, you have extremists.

But just because they are Muslim, doesn't mean they are extremist.

Crazy, I know.

Who said anything about extremists? You asked if you opposed African foreign policy does it make you racist. Are you drinking?

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

So what was your point with that comment?

Are you drinking?

It's Friday, so yea.... Merica'
edit on 8-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

She wasn't criticizing the Jewish state. She was implying that Jewish lawmakers were disloyal to the US because of the Jewish state. It was a religious test. They are unfit to be in Congress because their Judaism makes them more loyal to Israel than to the US.

That was what she was implying, and if that train of thought follows, then neither Muslims nor Catholics can serve either and for the same reasons -- their religious bodies also have sovereign nations that answer to a theological rule.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

She wasn't criticizing the Jewish state. She was implying that Jewish lawmakers were disloyal to the US because of the Jewish state. It was a religious test. They are unfit to be in Congress because their Judaism makes them more loyal to Israel than to the US.

So as an agnostic white male, is it OK for me to say I'm displeased with foreign agenda lobbying on my politicians?

Is it OK for me to say Saudi Arabia and Israel garner too much pull in my government?

The answer is absolutely that's OK, and if I can do it, anyone can.

How is it OK for me but not someone else?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join