It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Music Question ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This one's a little different...

This is more of a history / legal question (I think)...

Why is it so difficult to find a clean (not live) version of the Eagles' song The Long Run on-line?

I'm not talking about the whole album here, but just that one song. And, the studio version of the song, not a live version or a cover.

There's only about one version out there and it's got a bunch of crap tacked onto the end of it. Everything else is either a live version, or a cover band.

It's like it's been scrubbed from the Interwebz.

Anyone know?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
This one's a little different...

This is more of a history / legal question (I think)...

Why is it so difficult to find a clean (not live) version of the Eagles' song The Long Run on-line?

I'm not talking about the whole album here, but just that one song. And, the studio version of the song, not a live version or a cover.

There's only about one version out there and it's got a bunch of crap tacked onto the end of it. Everything else is either a live version, or a cover band.

It's like it's been scrubbed from the Interwebz.

Anyone know?

A lot of songs aren't available on some services (or any) because the publishers/record labels/artists can't agree on royalties for streaming.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Question, why the hell would you want to? Probably scrubbed because the Eagles are awful

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

Hotel California is a pretty good song.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I think there's a rights issue with certain Eagle songs. But I can't find where I read it.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Studio version...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I seem to recall that as well, but I can't seem to find it.

In general, the Eagle's have always been extremely difficult with licensing issues and the music industry, and this has lead to a lot of people being poisoned with the Eagle's. And the Long Run album itself was fraught with all sorts of issues, but you can still find most of the songs (except for the title track The Long Run which is nearly impossible to find)

I seriously believe it has been scrubbed for some reason.

I just don't understand why that specific song would get singled out, it only made it to #4 on the charts back in the day, and there were other songs from the album which did better than that which can be easily found. And hell, if the Eagles were worried about licensing, you'd think it would be songs like Hotel California which were the ones being scrubbed...but you can find millions of copies of that out there.

it's an enigma worthy of ATS even.

For my part, I just like that song in particular for a variety of reasons and it's a shame it's so hard to find as a single in the public domain. However, just to be clear, I have no issue buying the album (well, I already own it), but I can't post it without a copyright infringement which websites like YT have worked through with many artists. That's why I was looking for it, not for myself, but to post for others (as part of the other music thread from yesterday). It's just weird that it's that one song, and no others.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

NO...that's a video of them making the song in the studio, not the "studio version of the song".

Perhaps my fault for not being clear on this.

If you listen to the version of the YT video with the guy's hand painted as an eagle, that is the studio version, but it has about 3 minutes of some other BS tacked onto the end of it. The original version is only about 4:32 (as I recall). The version I just noted is something like 6:43

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Question, why the hell would you want to? Probably scrubbed because the Eagles are awful

I couldn't have said it better!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Go here:

rock-nation.ru...

If the Download button (down arrow) fails to work, do the following.

Activate your computer's sound recording function and then hit the PLAY button on the Web page for the tune The Long Run.

When the song completes playing, go to your sound recording function (I use Sound Forge) and stop the recording. Save the file as an MP3.

Done
edit on 7-3-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have the same problem with
Alexis Horner - Mojo Working

I can find tons of album versions
but there's a specific ...
stiffled studio contitions
i've tried The Peel Seesions archive
nada

Van Morrison !
as much as i rate him
is another one who's very 'protective'

Great thread
Great fun

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Alexis Korner?

Which studio version? Do you know who was on the session with him?
edit on 7-3-2019 by TheTruthRocks because: (no reason given)

top topics

join