It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knife Crime A growing social disease within the UK

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Background checks for purchasing a knife...

link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Is monkey dust a presciption drug?

Not sure but don't think so......... Seen some on it and I was scared, assume it was that stuff as they were very very different, scary

link   
No point blaming immigration for this. Most of the victims and perpetrators of these stabbings are young black lads in inner city areas (mostly London), mostly 3rd or 4th generation. They have no real link to overseas cultures and were born and brought up in Britain.

You can try blaming a political party if you want and you won't be completely off the mark. Cuts have made things more difficult and crime will always rise when money us tight. Reduced community policing is a factor (regardless of the Prime Minister's statements to the contrary), and austerity has hit everyone hard. The ever increasing shackles placed on police such as reduced stop and search have further hindered effective crime prevention. Even when they are arrested, the over crowding of prisons results in shortened or even no custodial sentences, so there is no real deterrent.

Drugs is a big part of the issue. Upper class people are using coc aine at record levels and heroin use is huge. This is trafficked by these young lads. This environment breeds violence. The guys will carry weapons to defend themselves against others.

The influence of American gang culture through media and music is definately a contributer. This scene is full of young black men who portray 'gangster' lifestyles and who have lots of money. They have fantastic homes, cars and other possessions, and are surrounded by beautiful women. It is very attractive to a young black man or teen who has no money and lives in a housing estate to be drawn towards this perceived lifestyle. The reality is completely different if course, but by the time they realise this they are embedded in the lifestyle which is hard to break out of.

The breakdown of the family group has had a massive impact. There are no male figureheads in many of their households. Most social studies draw a direct correlation between lack of male influence for a child and the likelihood of criminal behaviour as adults.

Tjis list is not exchaustive. There are many factors influencing the rise of violent crime and blaming any one of them in isolation is unlikely to have any real effect. Each of them needs to be addressed if we are to have a positive impact.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Wasn't there an investigative journalist a while back whom did an illicit swab on the sink's and toilette seats in the house of common's and found evidence of a massive amount of coc aine having passed up the noses of the rulers of our nation?.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PaddyInf

Actually very good point but immigration does I am afraid play a part in it, take the Somali and Romanian gang's that were fighting over turf up here at one point in Liverpool one county over from me and also similar story's in Manchester and London.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes Totally agree Wide eyes, gogaine turns people very arrogant and a bit loud mouth style, makes one wonder what it gonna be like in another decade?

I use a knife cutting textiles in my job, well a trimming knife and have cut myself many times being clumsy or tired, oh dear the human body is so weak and soft and it bleeds so easily, these knife people can hurt other people so easily just a slight stroke of a blade on the meat of another can hurt or kill
We need a deterrent from the courts / govt to clamp down on things right now

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Worked in security for over a decade, there are already policy's in place in most retailers and also nationally to prevent people under 18 from purchasing knives but there are too many loopholes in the law as well as the fact that even if they did manage to make it work these kid's would just take them from there parent's kitchen's and indeed most of the knife crime is using such implement's that were never intended to be weapon's.
All they would then do as well is create there own shiv's.
But a good idea nevertheless if almost impossible to enforce.

The current legislation is hopeless as you can cause catastrophic damage to another person with a very small knife indeed.
www.gov.uk...

Also My generation all had pocket knives, lock knives the work's but you very seldom heard of anyone being stabbed with one, they were a pocket tool for carving wood while you were out playing or marking your name into some unfortunate tree somewhere, it is a social problem, no punishment and violence has become socially acceptable to a whole generation of misguided kid's which is of course storing up far more problem's for the future.

Also carrying a concealed weapon even for self defense because you fear and are scared can still be a serious offense leading to a term of imprisonment or a fine especially if you have any previous convictions but also if the police think the item is sufficiently worthy for them to bring such charges and if the CPS agree with them on that matter.

But if you have a tool bag and a ruddy big hammer and some nail's as well as a bit of two by four in your boot, you know because you are decorating or my personal favorite a trenching shovel that is another matter entirely, then you may have reasonable purpose for being in possession of said item's BUT once again how you then use them is then the source of any potential prosecution.

Best not to carry anything but your whit's and to keep them around you at all time's, you would be surprised at how effective an open palmed upward blow to the nose of an assailant can be.

edit on 7-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I can't remember clearly but I do remember something like that.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I usually keep a weapon I can hide as a safety protocol depending on where I go and what time.
I'm not involved in gangs nor do I buy drugs off anyone besides the internet.

I've had 3 close friends whose homes were broken into in the past and I will not let the same happen thing happen to me on my watch. If anyone was stupid enough to invade my house they wouldn't be able to escape without a stab wound or hunting arrow to the leg. If it was an armed robbery I am screwed though lol.

I don't know what's going through someones mind why they would stab anyone to death but it is always with gangs and drug related crime. Weapons in the hands of responsible people defending their home is alright but in the hands of uneducated and or crack-addicts it is not.

UK has a Knife addiction, America has a gun addiction. I fail to see how increasing police budget is going to solve knife crime.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I think it was back in the 90's, I'll just do a quick search and see if we get anything - using ecosia so probably not but someone may find better results' with google or bing.
Ah here are three old sensationalist tabloid story's, nothing ever came of there find if I remember rightly though and it just kind of got brushed under the carpet.
(these url's may be a bit long and I never learned how to edit them to make them ATS friendly so just use the quote feature to get them and don't post the quote)
www.dailymail.co.uk... aine-toilets-Palace-Westminster.html< br /> www.thesun.co.uk...
www.dailystar.co.uk... aine-scandal-drugs-investigation

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero
I usually keep a weapon I can hide as a safety protocol depending on where I go and what time.
I'm not involved in gangs nor do I buy drugs off anyone besides the internet.

I've had 3 close friends whose homes were broken into in the past and I will not let the same happen thing happen to me on my watch. If anyone was stupid enough to invade my house they wouldn't be able to escape without a stab wound or hunting arrow to the leg. If it was an armed robbery I am screwed though lol.

I don't know what's going through someones mind why they would stab anyone to death but it is always with gangs and drug related crime. Weapons in the hands of responsible people defending their home is alright but in the hands of uneducated and or crack-addicts it is not.

UK has a Knife addiction, America has a gun addiction. I fail to see how increasing police budget is going to solve knife crime.

That is understandable and different in my opinion.
There is a distinct difference between using a weapon as a deterrent and using it to actually do harm to someone.
Remember the Tony Martin case a farmer whom was being terrorized and burglarized by local youth's and he got his pest control shotgun and shot at them, he would have gotten a reprimand from the police but he shot to kill and ended up serving time - with the very kind of people he had been getting terrorized by?.

Remember there is such a concept under UK law called reasonable force, you may kill another person (up to and including lethal force) and it be a legal act if you can prove that you genuinely and reasonably felt that your life or the life of another was in immediate danger and there was no other way to defend yourself or that other potential victim from immediate harm.

Just be careful and only ever use it if there is absolutely no other option, remember adrenaline makes people react often in an illogical manner and if it is too close you may reach for it when with a clear head you may not otherwise do so.

edit on 7-3-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

My generation had gun racks in pickups in the school parking lot.

The participation trophy generation has ruined our kids. They have no idea how to handle any kind of adversity.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Are you saying that antidepressants don't cause aggression and suicides if taken as prescibed?

I have just read online on NHS website where it states..... children and teens taking antidepressants have higher chance of suicidal thoughts and suicides attempts and aggression.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Hey don't blame the messenger.

My opinion of big pharma is this.

They do not want to cure a condition they want to treat it, curing it is a one time customer, treating it is a return customer so keep's the money rolling in.

And also Big Pharma suppressed and destroyed the genuine homeopathic doctors, not the witch doctors we have today but the real fully qualified doctors whom had so many cures and treatment's that big pharma wanted out of the way so they could sell there designer drugs' to the population.

It is also controversial to proscribe such drug's to kid's and I am actually dead set against it, why, well the child's brain is still developing and how many long term studies have there been on the affect of artificial endorphins and other artificial neurochemical and neurotoxin's on the developing brain's of children - non as far as I know except perhaps by the NAZI's.

Then again the big pharma have to start those repeat customers young now don't they.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

First they take guns because people were killing with them. Then people who wanted to kill had to go for the next thing which was a sharp blade. Soon these will be outlawed and the people looking to commit murder will resort to the next thing. What will it be? Kicking down doors and letting big hungry dogs, trained to kill, rummage through the house killing all the people in there? Letting them loose on innocent people walking in the street or park? On joggers? It'll never stop, and banning one thing only opens the door to something new. Common sense can't be taught in school, unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Common sense can't be taught in school, unfortunately.

but can be hammered home in boot camp.

2nd
f.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It cowardice, nothing to be gained other then easy an victory and to brag about, and is nothing compared to what could happen in the real world of gang fights.

I thought the Brits were bunch of suave, tough guys able to bare knuckle box and have a drink after? Or that what bunch of them said on YouTube calling everyone women reproductive organs.

It appears the French have more cojannes and will be remembered as such.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

originally posted by: LSU2018

Common sense can't be taught in school, unfortunately.

but can be hammered home in boot camp.

2nd
f.

Or parents/rare friends that'll slap you silly for doing something stupid.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No idea why innocent people are being attacked... it's kinda f'ed up to stab up someone just because they happened to be there...

I think these youth gang members should be rounded up and put into a camp somewhere, if the prisons are full.

A long time ago I had a thread going on ATS where I said that there should be Islands for different groups of people... for instance gangs on one island so they can fight it out, lgbtq people on another Island so they can stop bothering the rest of us, religious islands, drug island and a few others... the thread picked up a lot of attention but at the end there was one island that those who wanted to live free away from all the other stuff could go

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: PaddyInf

Actually very good point but immigration does I am afraid play a part in it, take the Somali and Romanian gang's that were fighting over turf up here at one point in Liverpool one county over from me and also similar story's in Manchester and London.

Immigration does play a part, but this is small. The most recent figures show that nearly half of murder suspects in London are black (despite making up 13% of the population), a third are white and roughly 7% Asian. Of the black and white suspects, almost all are born UK nationals. However around the rest of the country, knife crime stats are roughly proportionate to the population demographics. This suggests that as a percentage, there is roughly the same proportion of knife crimes within a group.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join