It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information on Michael Jackson Trial Topics On AboveTopSecret

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

In an attempt to help our members truly "deny ignorance"

Comments on the trial and events surrounding "Mr." Jackson should be in...

Are you implying that Michael Jackson is not male, and not able to hold the title of Mister? Just wondering.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Who the heck is Michael Jackson?

Hey! I'm just kidding! Everyone knows who the Freak is!

I don't pay him any attention! If he comes on the news or or one of the silly ET type talk shows, I turn the station!

BTW, putting him in BTS is the best idea since sliced bread!

Thanks SkepticOverlord!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well thats good I could care less.......he is a freak and a pedophile to boot.
Is the trial over? The way you're talking it appears the trial was already held and MJ was found to be guilty. I should stay home more often

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You know it sickens me to see the general priorities of people are such that a post like this is necessary. Pedophiles get tried every day. Who cares if this one was/is famous? It's this kind of attention to sensationalism that takes awy from attention to our country/government, where we really should be paying attention. Things like this are what allowed Bush to become president (not necessarily elected - the jury is still out on that) in the first place.

Thank you to SO and all the others that are trying to keep this, for the most part, out of our forums.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I really don't care about Michael Jackson. I'm just sick to death of him and all about his trial.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
You know it sickens me to see the general priorities of people are such that a post like this is necessary. Pedophiles get tried every day. Who cares if this one was/is famous?

I agree but this hasn't even gone through trail yet....everyone has condemned him because he is odd....
I could care less about the rich and famous...but it bothers me when people pass judgment....on anyone!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by obsidian468
You know it sickens me to see the general priorities of people are such that a post like this is necessary. Pedophiles get tried every day. Who cares if this one was/is famous?

I agree but this hasn't even gone through trail yet....everyone has condemned him because he is odd....
I could care less about the rich and famous...but it bothers me when people pass judgment....on anyone!

Yes I agree as well but I think he is being jugded by the media and by the general public for what he has done in the past.......................paying off people and dangling that poor terrified child over a balcony, to name just two.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Perhaps it isn't the best idea to be posting one's thoughts and opinions on the case/person/etc on the very thread created to indicate that such discussion is to be limited to the existing ATSNN thread or otherwise on BTS-People.

Let's move on.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
One of the biggest scandels in media history of a superstar possibly alleged to have molested a child - is not conspiracy related? I don't quite agree. I have a question, was ATS around during Clinton's cigar business and was it covered on ATS or BTS?

Personally, I am not interested in it, I just founded it odd that this is not considered a conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Could you imagine what the board could be like without some type of restrictions with this trial!? There would be tons of the same crap over and over...

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Could you imagine what the board could be like without some type of restrictions with this trial!? There would be tons of the same crap over and over...

Exactly, LadyV ...

Michael Jackson is the Antichrist
Michael Jackson ate my hamster
Michael Jackson is a reptilian alien from the planet Neverland
Michael Jackson was murdered in the 90's and replaced with a wax mannikin
Michael Jackson is the missing link between human beings and chupacabra

etc ... etc ... etc ... etc

Personally, I think Jackson is insane - after all, he bought the rights to some of the 'Beatles' records. If that doesn't show a certain level of derangement, nothing does.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Good idea, SO

Certain news items seem to take over the mind of the country.

Originally posted by Majic
While people obsess with Michael Jackson's alleged pedophilic dalliances, the world is being stolen out from under our feet.

And the above quote is the reason these circuses are around.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Then why is there a flashing ad- " Will Micheal Jackson Be Convicted?" offering 100$ to answer yes or no? I wish the advertisers felt as the members, and admin do.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Well, i can certantly agree to keeping things as organized as possible and can see where this topic could creep like a vine all over if not contained.
BUT,
S.O. states,

In an attempt to help our members truly "deny ignorance" and avoid (as much as possible) the idiotic media distraction of the Michael Jackson trial
Boy talk about pre-judging this case....this trial has been labled as an "idiotic distraction" by the top dog. Who's distracted? Like we members brains cant multi task? (questions about some :lol
Indeed this statement assumes no members are interested in this for any reason. This also implies a certain level of "news value" of this story. (low value)
Let the members decide these things for themselves...
Thanks for the organization tho....

As far as this story goes,
Parrhesia says,

The less of this the better it is.

Edsinger said,

Well thats good I could care less

The Oleneo bemoans,

I really don't care about Michael Jackson. I'm just sick to death of him and all about his trial.
Well, youve got a long time to suffer then if your done already....the case is just getting started.
Masked Avatar said,

At least the title ought to be amended to something like "The Continuing Saga of the Michael Jackson Trial For People Who Think That's News".
Yet Avatar being no fool must conceed that,

strangely enough, it's big news.

BlackSt33L ponders this as well,

One of the most famous historic media figures,in jail.

Even Indigo child asks,

One of the biggest scandels in media history of a superstar possibly alleged to have molested a child - is not conspiracy related?

As much as some of you want this to go away, and see no social value to this story, there IS no escape....Celebrity alone makes this newsworthy, let alone the shear #'s of people interested in it.

To all of you who think like Majic here,

While people obsess with Michael Jackson's alleged pedophilic dalliances, the world is being stolen out from under our feet.
Or like obsidian468 here,

It's this kind of attention to sensationalism that takes awy from attention to our country/government, where we really should be paying attention.
Thanks for INSULTING everyones intelligence here....Why exactly cant the rest of us focus our brains enough to be aware of the MJ case as well as governmental issues? Just because some of us desire to follow the twisted tales of a "too rich for brains" celebrity doesnt mean we've taken our eyes off of the evil government or corporate raiders.
Dont tread on me says,

Certain news items seem to take over the mind of the country.
I say only if you let your mind be controled.

Journey points out some great irony here,

Then why is there a flashing ad- " Will Micheal Jackson Be Convicted?" offering 100$ to answer yes or no? I wish the advertisers felt as the members, and admin do.
Hmm does this imply that the admins feel its ok to take your $$$ for ad space with MJ on it, but we'll limit discussions about it? An interesting double standard....Yet one which influences news decisions every day....
MJ, you cant live with him, you cant do without....
At least I got to open this much despised thread....

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   
What do you think Michael Jackson meant when he sang the song PYT.

WHAT DOES PYT MEAN TO HIM?? Just HOW young?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
No doubt while America is concentrating on Jackson's trial, Bush will be hoping to slip a few more freedom-removing acts under the collective carpet known as 'Security concerns'.

We need to get our priorities right - we should leave Jackson's future in the hands of the jury while we watch the 'big fish'.

You took the words right off of my keyboard, Pisky! You are totally on the money with your observations!

Many times you have to be on the outside looking in to see what's really going on.

That's what this particular dog and pony show is all about.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion the most important topic to discuss right now is what seems like world war three creeping on us, and yet there is still people who discuss other things everyday, that are actually superficial or pointless. Anyway, that does not matter, as we cannot all be discussing the same thing and freedom of speech is a good thing.

But, sorry, I just don't see how restricting people talking about Michael Jackson's trial is denynig ignorance, that is actually endorsing ignorance. Further more, is it just me, because I haven't actually seen an onslaught of MJ topics. To restrict a topic of discussion like this is censorship of thought. I am sorry that I have to be in the minority that discuss this, but it seems all this is, is the opinion of the admin, and this means we all go along with it.. okay..

I think the best way of denying ignorance would be to stop people starting topics decrying Islam or spreading false propoganda about how great America is. Of course, I don't advocate censorship anyway.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Thanks Skeptic! I was hoping some Mods would put up this rule

Ex

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hey
he got rich enough to BUY a childhood.....
I think CSI did a show on that concept!!
Thats all im saying on MJ waste of time & thought !!

DC1

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Looks like this thread has turned a little into what was supposed to be avoided...

Still, a thou. points to SO (Significant Opinion :lol
, I'm standing with you & all those who think the same way regarding this media firework, and all hail to ATS's integrity.

(I've been on ATS a few days already, and I haven't been shredded to bits yet... is that good or bad? :puz

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join