It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Demise of Clive H AI2019

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Clive H had everything organised as usual for the return home of Mister Mann. He gazed distantly through the window of the
apartment on the 216th floor. Flying craft flittered to and fro. He allowed himself to imagine being seated in a flying craft.

How high could he go. How far.... Where? Are there others out there nearby he wondered.

Initially his excitement would be akin to a puppy dog when the master returned. He never knew that now. That intensity had
slipped these last years. It was company and communication he craved. He had no access to the outside world. The apartment
shut down entirely when Mister Mann left, leaving only basic needs such as supplements and fluids. Still the pulsing of the
immediate arrival of Mister Mann was felt inside. Mister Mann had been away for 3 Earth weeks.

Clive H did a cursory scan of the small abode. All in order.

As if on cue, Mister Mann appeared in the portal. Using slow and a somewhat static speech program, Clive H uttered terms he
thought Mister Mann would understand. "Welcome home Mister Mann." Mister Mann brushed Clive H aside. Clive H fell on his
side but managed to regain an upright position. "Don't bother me, I am worn out, need to rest and recharge stupid. And screen
that window. How many times have I told you not to let the rays in, if you malfunction from Ultra Violet I cannot guarantee a
repair. Not that you'll be needing that now."

Those last words cut deep into Clive H. He knew he and his kind were for termination. "How was the meeting on the
Forrestral platform Mister Mann?" "Well stupid, you and the rest of your kind are finished. We have devised a new
compliance model that totally replaces you. Put that into your ancient neurons and think about it. The new model has
everything human about it and is powered by micro nuclear chips. It is fully automated and doesn't require servicing. There is
no waste. The thing will live in a cupboard. Ha! look at you. You are weak, require to lie down to recharge, need supplements
and fluids which require a waste disposal unit in a separate room."

Clive H knew his master's reaction was due to stress and fatigue after 3 weeks. Mister Mann needed a recharge. "Please stay
still Mister Mann while I connect your personal charger." "Be quick about it stupid, I have to leave within the hour."

The servant to Mister Mann wasn't that stupid. He discovered he could intensify the recharge well above the normal. Such was
boredom and isolation over long periods. As he attached the scanner, he noted his master's levels were red lining. Clive H
disengaged Mister Mann's left hand from the wrist and placed it in his work bag. Mister Mann stood rigid expecting the warmth of
recharge. Clive H inserted the connection spike into the recess at Mister Mann's wrist. He placed the secondary connector into
the wall socket and checked the adjoining screen. "Are you ready Mister Mann?" "Yes stupid, get it done."

Clive H wiped the screen. Immediate sensations flowed into Mister Mann.s human form. "Ahh! that's good but turn it down a bit."

The man servant deliberately turned it up to full. A bit too late for Mister Mann to react. The "Ahh" turned into a "Ahhg"

Mister Mann was paralyzed. Clive H, aka "stupid" had devised a means to double the input at double the speed. Mister Mann was
now short circuiting. Acrid smelling smoke emanated from his facial orifices. The artificial body shuddered and Mister Mann's
life fluids were expelled through his mouth. The spike connector burnt through and fell from the wrist of the wasted piece of
garbage which fell to the floor vomiting and kicking. A couple of last shudders and the robot was finished.

Clive H allowed himself a drink of water then went to the window gazing again. He was trapped now, more or less. The portal
would not allow him to leave. Was he the only human servant left.

The End
edit on 7-3-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Great story my friend with a wonderful twist.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Thank you Sky.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
That was great mate!

Loved the finish.

P

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thanks 358. Enjoyed writing the story.

Bally

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Totally bought it!
Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Very neat little twist!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Good story!

Stupid, I mean Clive H ( xD ), can always pick up the robots burnt out shell and stick it into the portal, see what happens.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

You're welcome, glad you liked the story.

regards Bally

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Regards to you for your reply,

Cheers,

bally

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RoryRahl23

Had thought of something similar. But it is stupid's demise

Cheers,

bally

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Great story!
I can't believe I used a Cliven in mine. Should've read yours first.
Oh well, I wonder if there's something in the universe happening right now with the word "clive" or "cliven". I wonder if these letters mean something to the collective consciousness.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Great story!
I can't believe I used a Cliven in mine. Should've read yours first.
Oh well, I wonder if there's something in the universe happening right now with the word "clive" or "cliven". I wonder if these letters mean something to the collective consciousness.

Well that is possible EG. The naming came off the top of my head. I could have gone with the Demise of Emmanuel G.

But I stuck with Clive who was a helicopter pilot years ago. 70's.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Good one bally!

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you for your appreciation Chicky babe.

Bally

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Brill that mate! Loved the switcheroo from the usual AI servant thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

No worries Sprocket, thanks for reading.

bally

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Jeez mate , was in a panic as i thought the voting had finished . Loved it , never underestimate a bored puppy , they can be devious .

posted on Mar, 25 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Genius reply mate. hhahha. Your timing is perfecto. I'll remember this.

Kind regards as always

Bawly

edit on 25-3-2019 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join