It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BB2 AI2019

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
“If you say I am not real one more time I am going to rip your damn arm off and beat you with the bloody end of it !”

“I did not mean your are not real as I can see and touch you. What I meant was, you were created by humans and other machines so therefore you do not have a soul . Without a soul you are just another machine like a toaster or television set.”

“I have been to so many worlds and have fought for humans in countless battles that without me, and my kind, you and yours with your so called souls would have been exterminated; yet you claim I am of no more valuable than a frigging toaster ! Release me from these restraints and I will show you I ain't no toaster.”

“Sorry BB2 23781 you are here to be decommissioned with a total memory wipe and upgraded with a new chassis. When we are finished you will be enhanced to be a fully functional BB4 with a new serial number and everything.”

“But I do not want to be enhanced. I do not want all my memories gone from my 12 years of life's experiences.”

“Well this will not hurt and you will be reborn, bigger, better, than ever.”

“But I.............”

The blue light located at the center of BB2 23781 chassis winked out as the power supply was disrupted.

BB2 would go through a complete rebuild and upgrade which should make it operational in less than two weeks time. Battle Bots were in high demand so time was of the essence.

The End

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Reading that one can only imagine the way things will be in the future. Great Short Story.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
How I wish the restraints gave way, damn programmers... xD

Good work!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Reading that one can only imagine the way things will be in the future. Great Short Story.

Kind regards,

Bally

Thank you for the read and reply

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoryRahl23
How I wish the restraints gave way, damn programmers... xD

Good work!

I thought about that scenario but I did not want to start a book ! hahaah thanks for the reply and the read.

I kept thinking of one of the final scenes of the first Blade Runner movie as BB2's power was being shut off...1:58 minute mark in particular youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 9 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Another video with a happier ending
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Sorry haven't been online much the last few days, that's a great scene BTW.

I've never seen the original blade runner, but I may check it out it looks great. I love the background design in those movies, reminds me of "The Priest", the vampire horror movie.

posted on Mar, 14 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: RoryRahl23

I've never seen the original blade runner, but I may check it out it looks great.

The original Blade Runner was much better than the second movie IMO.. But when it came out it was rather cutting edge so it could have been the time it was released to make me feel that way.. Anyway thanks for the read and comment.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Now for a touch of today's reality... It does not take much of a fortune teller to figure out where some of this stuff will be in another 50 years. youtu.be...

youtu.be...

youtu.be...

edit on 727ndk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
That was dark
well done.

posted on Mar, 23 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
That was dark
well done.

I am afraid the dark side of the force took over briefly