It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opera Bookmarks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Opera uses help please.

After considering suggestions from posters on a recent matter, I am trying the Opera browser in favour of FF.

Basically I like it but obviously I don't know how to use it properly yet.

I cannot permanently keep, my bookmarks to my common sites like ATS for example

Also, it is possible to hide all those links to various sites like faceplant etc - permanently.

Could someone please explain how to do this,

thanks.

edit on 7-3-2019 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Which sadist told you to use opera? I don't use it, so can't help with that..

Have you tried Brave Browser? if I had to go away from FF, I'd be using that. Very clean, easy to use interface and inbuilt blockers, it's main focus is privacy..

Anything but opera.. Oo No offence intended if there is a specific reason for using it. Just never liked it, personally.

Sorry, tl;dr I am of no help..

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I use Opera. I like it although I believe its part of Chrome now and pretty hungry browser.
As for bookmarks, just click the heart at the top of the browser and the site automatically goes into bookmarks, which you'll find under Menu on the left side. You can set all your options there too such as having your bookmarks bar on display. You can also add sites to your home page so each time you open Opera all your most used sites are there just a click away. That's what I do, I only tend to book mark a page for reference or as a reminder, every other site I visit regularly goes on my home page. I love it because I can mess about and personalise opera with pictures colours etc...but then again I'm easily pleased

OPERA

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

After considering suggestions from posters on a recent matter, I am trying the Opera browser in favour of FF.

Why?
There is nothing wrong with Firefox. Especially if one is used to it.
Every browser has its own nuances.

edit on 3/7/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I like it although I believe its part of Chrome now and pretty hungry browser.

Opera now is based on Chromium, the same open source code in which Chrome is based, so although both share the basic code each one has its own specific changes.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

got the sh... with that little black dot at the top LEFT sliding from side to side for about 5 minutes before the site would open. This even occurred after I un-installed FF turned the computer off over night and reinstalled FF the next day.

Could not find a solution to it. Tied all the usual stuff. even went through a period of cleaning out the DNS before I shut the computer off. Had to do every time I shut it down but i got sick of doing that.

Antivis found nothing

My addons kept disappearing all the time.

opera is not perfect but it works and opens when clicked

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

Brave Browser?if I had to go away from FF, I'd be using that. Very clean, easy to use interface and inbuilt blockers, it's main focus is privacy..

Anything but opera.. Oo No offence intended if there is a specific reason for using it. Just never liked it, personally.

yes I did but it wasn't much chop with extensions

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

Brave Browser?if I had to go away from FF, I'd be using that. Very clean, easy to use interface and inbuilt blockers, it's main focus is privacy..

It should use the same extensions as chrome? Did when I used it.

Depending on which one you use, it's hard to tie down why things aren't working. I wasn't aware opera used similar extensions.

Opera is still a pain imo.. Can you list what extensions you use, browsers these days are pants.. I still can't use downthemall on FF, with the new webextensions taking over. I almost left FF for it. but I can't deal with chrome, or lesser things like waterfox, etc..

What was the problem with Firefox?? hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you require.

edit on 8-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

It should use the same extensions as chrome? Did when I used it.

Depending on which one you use, it's hard to tie down why things aren't working. I wasn't aware opera used similar extensions.

Opera is still a pain imo.. Can you list what extensions you use, browsers these days are pants.. I still can't use downthemall on FF, with the new webextensions taking over. I almost left FF for it. but I can't deal with chrome, or lesser things like waterfox, etc..

What was the problem with Firefox?? hard to know what to suggest without knowing what you require.

it must have go infected with something which I could not get out even after uninstalling, waiting until the next day and reinstalling. That little black dot at the tops left of the screen would spend minutes going back and forth, back and forth and eventually the page would open. Also started to get too many web pages failing to open.

The very poor quality of extensions got up my nose too. Once upon a time one only had to right click on a video and choice of downloads of various grades would appear and one would click the desired video and that would be that. it would download.

just got the s...s with it over time.

new topics

top topics

join