It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons opposes federally mandated vaccines.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

From a CNN medical correspondent? Geebus

Google vaccine injury. The stuff does happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: trustmeimdoctor
a reply to: InTheLight

From a CNN medical correspondent? Geebus

Google vaccine injury. The stuff does happen.

You didn't read the piece, that is the opinion of a pediatrician.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight There were two people quoted. My bad. Both are wrong though and cnn isn't a reliable source of any information.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I have no issue with vaccines, but if you are going to mandate things, you have to use evidence. The evidence (statistics -- look them up) says that parents would save far more children from serious consequences and death if they were banned from dog ownership, letting kids ride ATVs, owning trampolines, etc. than serious consequences or death from vaccine treatable diseases.

If you are going to mandate, you should at least use statistics and go down the list banning optional choices that actually result in more saved children.

Please realize that I am not advocating legislating a bunch of parenting choices.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

This is true. Get the flu, recover, be immune to THAT version of it and some of it's sub-variants, if it doesn't mutate too far. Simple immunology. The idea that you should never get anything under any circumstances is flawed. Muscles don't work that way, nor does your immune system.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"
Once you get the flu, you get immunity to it for life usually. Your immune system knows how to fight it even if it mutates a little bit.

This is based on that virology degree you don't have right?"

Or maybe also confirmed by the CDC on their site, during the 2009 H1N1 outbreak, where it was noted that people over 50 seemed not to be getting H1N1 because they had been exposed earlier in life to one an ancestor of it.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: projectvxn

These people are NOT legitimate in ANY way.

Why because someone who posted in wikipedia says so?

Remember that these sort of people are the same ones who also want to control what news we watch... Anything that is not left-wing is considered "fake news..."

The people behind The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, are certified doctors.

Hey, I don't want to see mandatory vaccinations, but it's true, these people are not taken very seriously.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons – AAPS – is a non-partisan professional association of physicians in all types of practices and specialties across the country.

Since 1943, AAPS has been dedicated to the highest ethical standards of the Oath of Hippocrates and to preserving the sanctity of the patient-physician relationship and the practice of private medicine.

Our motto, “omnia pro aegroto” means “all for the patient.”

Mailing Address: AAPS | 1601 N. Tucson Blvd. #9 | Tucson, AZ 85716

Phone: 1-800-635-1196
Fax: 1-520-325-4230 or 1-520-326-3529

Email: [email protected]

Media Contact: Jane Orient, MD | (520) 323-3110 | [email protected]

To serve the state? Or to serve our patients?

That is the question we will increasingly face as government forces its power into every nook and cranny of our professional lives. I once belonged to all the standard societies—my specialty society, my state and local medical society and—dare I admit this—even the AMA. But I discovered that none of these societies stood on the principles I hold dear—individual liberty, personal responsibility, limited government, and the ability to freely practice medicine according to time honored Hippocratic principles.

aapsonline.org...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

No because they spout easily debunked anti vaxxer bull#.

You lost me there. Yes, this group is not taken very seriously. But "easily debunked" means you haven't investigated and taken a look. I have no problem if anyone wants to vaccinate, and if they want to argue their points, and counter the points of others, but if you can't find published medical studies that reasonably put many elements of vaccines into question, it's you I can't take seriously.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the AAPS = wingnuts . you know this - right ?

Absolutely! This group is religious conservative wingnuts.

They always "pop-up" in anti-LGBT and anti-abortion threads.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: thebtheb

but if you can't find published medical studies that reasonably put many elements of vaccines into question, it's you I can't take seriously.

screw this - lets turn it around

YOU cite your " best 3 " studies that fit YOUR claim of " published medical studies that reasonably put many elements of vaccines into question"

lets see if i take you seriously
edit on 7-3-2019 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: projectvxn

Dude, as a fellow vet, we both know the crap that went on with the Anthrax vaccine.

This isn't an argument DB.

Read what it says on their website and then see if you can corroborate their BS without getting trapped in the webring of anti-vaxx bull#.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

My beef is with mandatory vaccines.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't believe in mandatory vaccines either. Except for the military. Those cases, like nearly everything in the military, is different.

I don't believe in forcing medical interventions in anyone except under the most strict of circumstances. I take exception with their characterization of vaccines.

Just because it's a conservative site doesn't make it legitimate. While I may share their opinion with regard to forcing vaccinations, they still present a fraudulent argument as to why.

They really could make a legitimate case without the anti vaxxer crap.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

An unwanted pregnancy by someone isn’t contagious and spread to my daughter. You’re argument is hogwash.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I haven't gotten the flu in a long time either. But I do take a lot of vitamin C and other vitamins.

Once you get the flu, you get immunity to it for life usually. Your immune system knows how to fight it even if it mutates a little bit.

In countries where flu immunization vaccinations are rare or non-existent the population continues to suffer from annual outbreaks of the flu. Based on that, i guess you can see why I would think that the flu mutates more than just a "little bit".

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RKWWWW

I haven't gotten the flu in a long time either. But I do take a lot of vitamin C and other vitamins.

In countries where flu immunization vaccinations are rare or non-existent the population continues to suffer from annual outbreaks of the flu. Based on that, i guess you can see why I would think that the flu mutates more than just a "little bit".

Source?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

My beef is with mandatory vaccines.

We aren't talking about vaccines for cows here....at least I didn't think we were.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

is the oft cited vaccine effectivness chart fro " influenza vaccination by year " sufficient evidence for you - of influenza mutation ?

if not - why not ?

almost all other vaccines have a quite static efficiency - with no change to the vaccine specification

influenza vaccine is changed every season - to give the best protection . it isnt perfect

thats why efficiency is varied

but people cannot have it both ways

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RKWWWW

Yes, kids are going to get the flu because they never had it. Once their innate immune system is trained, they have immunity. The flu shot does not give immunity that lasts. Remember, why would a Pharma company push a vaccine that would only be given once, it would be bad for business. Antigen immunity is not as good as innate immunity. Look up innate immunity Read some scholarly articles about it. The Japanese have been working on a vaccine to boost innate immunity in people, it attacks all viruses though, some viruses actually protect humans so that vaccine is also not right, our body lets some viruses help us some times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join