It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preferred Pronouns in Email Signatures Are Now a Thing?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biggus Dickus

I think I shall put my prefered pronoun is

Biggus Dickus

gotta put that in my email brb.

I like it and I will hence forth refer to you as such.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Whenever I see a single person called by "they did this or that or something else", I start looking out for the other people.

Confusing as hell. And looks very stupid. Just attention-whoring to me.

Yes, I know, you are confused and wouldn't have guessed that from me (ultra-lefty European with German roots). But this crap annoys me just as well.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It's both of these things.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Haven't seen it in the real world yet. And I work for an unbelievably PC corporation.

Well, I suppose you can make an argument that academia is not the real world, but it sounds like your corporation is not quite PC enough yet! Granted, I work in higher education in a very blue city, so I'm pretty much ensconced in leftist group-think 40 hours a week, but sadly this is where these things usually start, on the college campuses.

The other crazy thing I'm starting to hear rumors about is that professors at the school I work at are going to have to start providing a 'diversity, equity, and inclusion statement' for every class they teach, outlining how the curriculum of their class contributes to diversity, equity, and inclusion on our campus. Seriously. Like...how do you make calculus diverse? WTF???

edit on 7-3-2019 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-3-2019 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It is going this way unfortunately. Large corporations in more progressive industries encourage it. Also, they are not teaching psychology majors that you should 'announce your pronoun' when introducing yourself. Not just in a therapy sessions or when you know you are speaking to someone who is LTBG, but to ANYONE you meet.

I honestly have no problem if I call you something and you correct, politely, to something else. To me it would be similary if someone shorted Katherine to Kathy automatically and the person hated being called Kathy so they politely correct them.

However, I will never introduce myself like that and I will never have that in my signature block at work.

If you can't tell my name, my chest, or Mrs. you don't get to refer to me as anything.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Biggus Dickus

I think I shall put my prefered pronoun is

Biggus Dickus

gotta put that in my email brb.

I like it and I will hence forth refer to you as such.

It's not true you know.. he just has tiny hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join