It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. trade gap with China reaches all-time high under Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: rickymouse

It's called denying Ignorance.

Growing legumes increases soil productivity( different plant needs).

Legume=Soybean.

That only applies for the NPK fertilizer and applies to crop rotation which is not happening. Soil can become deficient in multiple minerals when overused. Constantly using roundup on Soybeans destroys the ability of the soil to be used for other products too. A simple nitrogen fertilizer can activate roundup somewhat. I learned that from farmers years ago. Use it once and it works for years. But with the roundup ready soy, they put it on all the time, that soy is used in oils and food for animals, it is not considered safe for us eating it.

There are barren cornfields in Minnesota that can't even grow grass, my nephew lives right next to one. His land had a foot of topsoil brought onto it when his house was built, but the dust from the field keeps blowing around, it hasn't been farmed in years but nothing grows on it anymore. He got the brand new house cheap, that subdivision never took off, nobody else wanted to buy those houses on that land, so he got a great deal on the house. I sure hope he does not have my genetics, according to my gene app, I cannot break some pesticides and herbicides down, my dad died of brain cancer which is what my risk is. I am the only one in the immediate family that has that genetics, the kids only got one copy which means not much extra risk.

I have eyes and ears and grew up on a farm so I talk to farmers a lot. They know lots about this stuff, they used it and know other farmers who experienced some things.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: rickymouse

and also the corn used to make gasahol

Is gasahol the same as the E-85 they advertise now?... I do remember gasahol at a couple stations maybe 40 years ago?

Most gas contains about ten percent ethanol from corn around here. I try to buy the ethanol free gas, I do seem to get about three miles a gallon better gas mileage with it. It costs a quarter more a gallon but it is worth it. We tested it in all three of our cars and truck and it ranged from two mpg better in the truck to five mpg better in the buick century.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Malak777nd people are worried about climate change. This is a bigger problem, soils take a long time to regenerate, and since pesticides and herbicides are killing the bugs and microbes whose life cycle helps to regenerate soils, no rebuilding of soils is taking place. Most people do not realize that soils need microbes to be able to convert minerals and vitamins into forms that can be used by the plants. Our way of commercial farming kills these microbes, bugs are needed to pollen the flowers, but Monsanto does not care, what they supply does not need bees. Man cannot live on soybeans alone, I do not care what some idiots in science say, our bodies are a complex system that requires lots more than vitamins and minerals and selective proteins. If we want to have the brain power of a rabbit I suppose then we can eat soybeans.....wait, rabbits don't eat soybeans either. We need to find a dumber animal.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I wonder if the Chinese are keeping the Yuan artificially low.....hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I see you're not able to find as many perceived negatives as you were last year, when you would post 4 or 5 Trump-bashing threads a week. This is your first one for the week isn't it?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Duderino

Trump is going to destroy this country, both through policy and economically. You may never reach that 35% of people who fully support him because he 'owned the libs' in 2016 with this fact though.

Examples are right here in this thread; rather than discussing the trade deficit or the national debt they focus on soybeans. Either willfully ignoring the topic or willfully trying to steer the debate somewhere else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join