It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 million each year in foreign Aid to countries sending caravans to the US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
For every one of the people who get accepted from the Caravans they can subtract fifty thousand dollars from the aid to those countries since we are taking care of their people now.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I am all for legal immigration. I am 2nd generation Irish born in the US. Culture can benefit any society.

However, when it is simply a dumping ground it will create pockets of those who will not ever absorb our culture. It happens around the US.

The argument was already made that why should we cut off funding will it make it worse? Well, the funding is not going to them, it is used by leaders and special interest groups in the country and is not given to the people, so the answer is no cutting funding would not make it worse.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
Is Trump authorizing this money? How is it getting there?

Seriously?

If you are not trolling, and this is a serious question, I suggest you research the basic operation of the legislative, and executive branches of our government.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

The question I had is not beyond the point. It is simple. You just cannot answer it is all. Again...

Explain why anyone from any of those three countries could seek asylum. A specific instance not a talking point.

It is legal to ask for asylum.
It is illegal to lie about why you are asking for asylum.
This is how the law works. This is how they are circumventing it. That is what I was pointing out is happening with our own elected officials.

Do you really think a US House member should be on the border helping people lie to get asylum? Coaching them?

Being poor is not a reason for Asylum. Being homeless is not a reason for Asylum. Heavy drug trafficking is not a reason for Asylum.

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002019-03-06T14:43:20-06:000220 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002019-03-06T14:44:03-06:000203 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

No your question was indeed beyond the point and could have easily been answered by myself. Even if i did not know the answer before this op i could have just use the link you provided.

You claim it is illegal to lie to get asylum and i agree but that in no way will ever be admitted by the masses of people coming looking for work.

As long as it is legal to attempt to gain asylum in the usa then they will come unless we address the matter with some solution other than a wall that in no way will stop them.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Masses of people coming for work? That is not a reason for Asylum. They do not need to admit it.I gave you links showing they coach them. You choose to ignore it.

What other solution besides a wall is there? Elaborate.....

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Masses of people coming for work? That is not a reason for Asylum. They do not need to admit it.I gave you links showing they coach them. You choose to ignore it.

What other solution besides a wall is there? Elaborate.....

I am not ignoring your links but all those links are doing is pushing a false narrative that someone is breaking the law and getting you hyped up.

Now solutions....that is a most invaluable endeavor and before i start i think it is best to keep that i am just spitballin.

First would be to raise the number of visa's givin out this year. That would reduce the number of children showing up with the people looking for work. The reason is because they use the kids to get released earlier so they can go to work sooner.

Deal more with the countries you list in op. Create more jobs there. Buy goods from those areas before we buy goods from across the seas.

Send help in those countries to deal with the violence but keep in mind that jobs does help that too.

Most of all we need to get a grip on the coco and mmj laws in our own country in order to stabilize those other countries.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

So you ignore facts, want to throw more money at them to 'create jobs' and raise the number of Visa's? This is your solution? You are all ready to run for a local DNC seat Tomahawk.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

So you ignore facts, want to throw more money at them to 'create jobs' and raise the number of Visa's? This is your solution? You are all ready to run for a local DNC seat Tomahawk.

What facts am i ignoring?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

the funding is not going to them, it is used by leaders and special interest groups in the country and is not given to the people, so the answer is no cutting funding would not make it worse.

I don't believe anyone here knows that for sure. Some yes are doing this with some of the money.

But not all the countries we give aid to are evil.
edit on 6-3-2019 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

When I vote for a congressman, i expect them to represent and fight for the interests in my district.

The whole bunch has lost their way and pander to whatever the latest cause may be for publicity only.

Wonder if her district knows she prioritizes immigrants over her constituents?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
hmm - IF the US ceased all foregin aid to the countries cited who thinks :

A ecconomic migration will increase ?

B ecconomic migration will decrease ?

C ecconomic migration will remain the same ?

please give reasons for answers

How about,
D Don't GAF how many or how few come because our border will be secure enough to handle it.

Come in legally at a point of entry and you are welcomed, provided you go through the process like everyone else.

And that is exactly the point that so many people refuse to understand, come legally and you should be ok... come illegally and you are a criminal from the jump.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Not all but I am talking about these 3. The point is that democrats are saying we need to let them in because it is so bad in their countries but we are sending money there. Then, when the cross the border they cost us even more. I can gaurantee at some point those who are travelling had some assistance from their government but that money more than likely came from the US.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Her district is about 80% voting Blue. They could care less as long as the checks keep coming and they vote those who give it on it. Sad.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Congress does. Congress has the power of the purse as they say. The president doesn't authorize funds.

a reply to: CosmicAwakening

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
We should be following where this money goes, and if it doesn't go to specific programs (housing, food, infrastructure) they don't get more.
Or we instead setup these programs ourselves instead of just giving cash.

It does bring to question what that money really is for if not to help the impoverished peoples.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

its a drop in the ocean compared to how much the US spends on ordnance !

if you are worried about US spending , tackle the biggest budget first

like maybe ask congress to tackle military expansion and spending before asking them to curtail spending which is compassionate rather than used to kill !

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There are many people and organizations in different sectors that gain from the government budget. They care more about themselves than the country.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Imo these foreign aid things and charities are money laundering services and methods of stealing money from middleclass America for the uber crooked rich and politicians. Its basically kickbacks , money laundering, pay to play schemes , and anything but helping people in need as its first intention.
edit on 02331America/ChicagoThu, 07 Mar 2019 23:02:02 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Yeah...that the deal.

Fund guerilla armies under the guise of "aid budgets" (which the ignorant latch onto as if true) and the US gets to continuecits global proxies wars that has ripple effects. There are children being "hurt" due societal collapse caused by US "intervention".

What you should really be bitching about is how the US and the FARC are in bed together....Again!

Lol...how much is the pentagon budget for marketing...?

If you were complaing about that $ amount in your OP, wait till you google that #.

Pmsl

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join