It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For all the Graham Hancock Fans Out There

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theruthlessone

i will have to recheck as when i tried it said they had sold out... cheers mate

posted on Apr, 23 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Update.

Book released today, yay! I get to go see Graham in Tempe tomorrow, which includes a copy of the book.

I’ll update again after the event.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you get a chance to talk to him, please ask him what he thinks about the
Athanasius Kircher Atlantis Map & The Great Meteor Seamount connection.

That will win you a gold star!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Thx for the heads up KKLOCO, would love to be there and meet ATS-ers in a place they all want to be that moment in time. Unfortunately I live on the other side of the big drink so I will probably not be there. That is, if there will not be a miraculous positive change in my finacial situation. But hey, these things happened to many people before me so I am open for such a rapid change...
. Also thanks for informing us about Bright Insight.. I am subscribed to his channel and always look forward to what he has to say.

I hope that Hancock will visit The Netherlands....and maybe have a ayahuasca experience too.

posted on Apr, 24 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I’m sorry you can’t make it bro. I’ll do my best to summarize what he says (possibly film it on my phone, if I can). I’m also going to the Sedona event in 3 weeks. That one is 4 hours long. I’m sure there’s going to be a lot more meat in that one.

Well, the venue stated it started at 4 today (thought this was early for a Wednesday). I showed up at 3:45 and the dude tells me ‘you know this starts at 7, right’. I show him my reservation on my phone that shows 4pm and it literally suggests to arrive at 3pm for check in. I drove 30 minutes in traffic to get there. Then just game back home to wait. I’ll be heading there again in an hour. But I did already get my copy of the book!

Advice: If you’re going to an event, contact the venue to confirm the start time before you arrive.... What a pain In the ass.
edit on 24-4-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
a reply to: zatara

I’m sorry you can’t make it bro. I’ll do my best to summarize what he says (possibly film it on my phone, if I can). I’m also going to the Sedona event in 3 weeks. That one is 4 hours long. I’m sure there’s going to be a lot more meat in that one.

Well, the venue stated it started at 4 today (thought this was early for a Wednesday). I showed up at 3:45 and the dude tells me ‘you know this starts at 7, right’. I show him my reservation on my phone that shows 4pm and it literally suggests to arrive at 3pm for check in. I drove 30 minutes in traffic to get there. Then just game back home to wait. I’ll be heading there again in an hour. But I did already get my copy of the book!

haha.don't know how long ago you posted this.......but do not lay down "just for tiny rest i'm not even tired in the slightest " ! Hate to think a fellow member may realize the sheer panic I experienced last year when i went interstate for a mens rights rally/ march.was so proud of myself for the 15minute walk from motel to rally site thinking this event was the very 1st time in my 40odd years I would arrive early/on time.Quickly realized had somehow thought 10am start & not 1pm & couldn't even escape to Samsungland as phone needed charge so back to motel I went.Phone on charge, coffee in belly I muttered the above quote convincingly enough to self before next instant waking with dread , half dreaming , strange surrounds,shoes off,phone in corner , wallet under sofa & still a 20 story lift ride & the 15minute walk to site to tackle all in 6minutes. sweating,dishevelled & extremely out of breath it took quite some convincing to cops/security ring circled the rally in anticipation of the promised antifa opp.rally that I wasn't one of the antagonists trying to infiltrate our peacefull mens rally. So.....Please don't lay down ! I & others wish for a report of your attendance please. :-)

Advice: If you’re going to an event, contact the venue to confirm the start time before you arrive.... What a pain In the ass.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Any ATSers live near St. Louis? Graham is giving a lecture here on 6/9. I cannot wait, I've been a fan of his since Sign and Seal came out.

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm not far from there.
I can't wait to miss it - might even head in the opposite direction when he comes.

Harte

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte
I'm not far from there.
I can't wait to miss it - might even head in the opposite direction when he comes.

Harte

That would be wise on your part. I’m sure he would own you in a debate. Then what would happen to your enormous ego?

Honestly, why even post? The title says ‘For all the Graham Hancock fans out there’.

Troll much?

posted on Apr, 25 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I'm not far from there.

Harte

That would be wise on your part. I’m sure he would own you in a debate. Then what would happen to your enormous ego?

Honestly, why even post? The title says ‘For all the Graham Hancock fans out there’.

Troll much?

Not TOO much.

Harte

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: entermemo
Any ATSers live near St. Louis? Graham is giving a lecture here on 6/9. I cannot wait, I've been a fan of his since Sign and Seal came out.

Be sure to ask him why his invisible civilization left no archaeological indication of its existence in NA and of course also ask him when he realized he was was wrong about the lost civilization being in Antarctica - which he previously claimed?

posted on Apr, 26 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I'm not far from there.

Harte

Its a discussion board - are you not aware of that?

Yeah Graham when asked for evidence of his beliefs would say - as he does in his book:

Hancock probably spent a great deal of time to word smith that so it would be both a 'clear declaration' of what he believes and also absolves him from any need to come up with any evidence'. Brilliant! Well suited for fringe belief. His fans will take his statement as 'fact'.

Hancock's classic statement:

"“My speculation, which I will not attempt to prove here or to support with evidence but merely present for consideration, is that the advanced civilization I see evolving in North America during the Ice Age had transcended leverage and mechanical advantage and learned to manipulate matter and energy by deploying powers of consciousness that we have not yet begun to tap.”

You kinda wonder when he's gonna spring that 'evidence' on us? I wonder what he is waiting for? After you buy the book - you do know in his next book he'll discard the current claim and create another?

You know that right? lol Remember his earlier claims?

I do wish him good luck finding archaeological remains of a Victorian level civilization in NA - that left absolutely nothing behind archaeologically.

posted on May, 3 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

I do wish him good luck finding archaeological remains of a Victorian level civilization in NA - that left absolutely nothing behind archaeologically.

I'm not a fan nor a critic of Graham but I found your last line a bit short sighted. The Mesopotamian's are believed to be the oldest civilization on Earth. Do you think it's possible ancient civilizations prior to the Mesopotamian's left behind artifacts that have since been lost to erosion, natural disasters, or intentional destruction from later or even potentially previous civilizations?

I specifically list erosion, natural disasters, and the intentional destruction of antiquities because we have long documented evidence of this as a means for prior artifacts disappearing. Erosion is the most common reason ancient artifacts disappear. Natural disasters i.e. massive earthquakes have made entire islands in the South Pacific completely disappear. Ongoing volcanic activity and massive ancient volcanic eruptions have completely consumed and erased entire cities. The intentional destruction of a civilization's antiquities is present even today in the ongoing war in the middle east.

Look at the Hawaiian islands as another example of time and erosion. The Hawaiian islands were formed from a hot spot of volcanic activity. In another few hundred thousand years they will have completely dissolved back into the sea taking along with it any trace of our civilization. And whatever version of our civilization exists a few hundred thousand years from now is never going to know we had an entire population of 1.3 million people living on 8 islands.

Here is a simple example of erosion.

The Sphinx prior to excavation in 1886

The Sphinx present day

Given another few hundred years or so the Sphinx could have potentially become fully engulfed by the encroaching desert or had the remaining upper torso whittled away by wind and sand and we would have never known it existed simply because we didn't know it was there.

My point is you cannot arbitrarily dismiss someone's theories simply because there exist no prior civilization's antiquities to prove them right.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1point92AU

I'm not a fan nor a critic of Graham but I found your last line a bit short sighted. The Mesopotamian's are believed to be the oldest civilization on Earth. Do you think it's possible ancient civilizations prior to the Mesopotamian's left behind artifacts that have since been lost to erosion, natural disasters, or intentional destruction from later or even potentially previous civilizations?

No, because we have thousands of artifacts from that time period and a million years before then as well.
That fact reduces the possibility you refer to all the way down to fantasy.
That is, from a semantics viewpoint, it's "possible." But that's purely academic and has no connection to reality.

Harte

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

Howdy

Actually I can. I will note that Harte issued a very clear explanation. To which I will add:

Where Hancock says a civilization exits - still is above water and not covered by lava. Its also only 12,000 BC - not long ago and there are plentiful evidence of human cultures on NA at that time, lots of archaeological evidence for them but remarkable no evidence of that civilization - no sign of this Hancock Victorian invisible one.

There is a great deal of difference between Possible, Plausible and Probable.

One other note: There are tens of millions of pieces of evidence for the ancient Egyptian civilization you could wipe out everything presently known about the AE down to 3 meters deep all of the world - and it would take you just long enough to dig down beyond the 3 meters to find plentiful archaeological evidence of their existence. Large civilizations like what Hancock made up are ridiculous easy to find.
edit on 4/5/19 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

No, because we have thousands of artifacts from that time period and a million years before then as well.
That is, from a semantics viewpoint, it's "possible." But that's purely academic and has no connection to reality.

Harte

What I proposed isn't fantasy. I gave perfect examples of how we know current and past antiquities have been destroyed. Those are facts and not fantasy. What you're really trying to say is you have no basis for your belief system other than you don't like Graham Hancock.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Harte didn't offer an explanation of anything. He ranted about nothing and offered no contravening facts. I don't care if either of you dislike Graham. Like I said previously I don't have an opinion on the man one way or another. What I proposed still remains as fact. Most of what has ever existed on Earth has been destroyed.

99% of all life that ever lived on Earth has gone extinct. Yet, you and Harte claim to have an absolute answer to something you have absolutely no means to disprove or prove for that matter.

That's what I meant when I said your previous comment was a bit short sighted.

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Voices in the Wind that Some Hear , but Others Do Not .Of Course most of his Thoughts on Ancient Advanced Civilizations in the Past are Spot On , but Head in the Sand Establishment Academics Still do not Freakin' Get it ..........Sigh
edit on 4-5-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

I Suspect Harte is in Reality Egyptologist Mark Lerner . When God gave Out " Opened Minds " He was in the John taking a Piss ............

posted on May, 5 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Harte

What I proposed isn't fantasy. I gave perfect examples of how we know current and past antiquities have been destroyed.

You claimed the Sphinx would have it's head wear away in a hundred years.
You seem not to understand the difference between a civilization and a culture.
Civilizations can't rise from a single population small enough to disappear on a volcanic island. There are island civilizations, yes, but they span several different islands.

originally posted by: 1point92AUThose are facts and not fantasy.

Obviously artifacts can be destroyed by many means. But civilizations produce a lot of artifacts, and some of those artifacts can't be destroyed (think soil disturbance) without leaving behind an obvious reason why (such as lava flow.)
So, what ancient artifacts do we know of that could be lost to erosion in the future?
Not the sphinx.
Not ANY monument built in ancient times.
In the meantime, we have scads of evidence for cultures all over the world dating back to your time period, and a million years earlier.
Are you really gonna claim that we have these things - some of them wooden (400,000 year old spears for example) - but can't find a single trace of any civilization earlier than the Sumerians?
Please note, there ARE a couple of cultures that COULD in the future be classified as "civilizations," if more evidence of their activities can be found.
But these are known cultures, not some ancient civilization that left no mark on the planet.

originally posted by: 1point92AU What you're really trying to say is you have no basis for your belief system other than you don't like Graham Hancock.

That's what's called a non-sequitur.
In this very thread I've spelled out just a tiny portion of why I don't believe Hancock, yet you are reduced to making something up about me.

What an argument.

Harte

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join