It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal US border crossings swell to 76,000 in February!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: chr0naut

No. It is not. They can go to a border office and seek asylum. You see, that is new 'catch phrase' they are being taught. Say you are 'seeking asylum'...but from what? Crime? That does not qualify.

Where are these border offices and can they handle the volume of requests for asylum? Are you aware of recently implemented reductions in quotas of how many asylum seekers will be accepted at these border offices? These people have figured out by now that those quotas are already exceeded, so no-one can be granted asylum in this way at this time. No-one.

An applicant for asylum must prove that he or she would be persecuted on account of one of five protected grounds: race, religion, nationality, political opinion, or particular social group

If there is a caravan coming to the border and you know they will cross, again, I will call them illegal americans because they are and we know where they are going. Just saying you want asylum does not make you presence illegal. You should have no right to anything in my opinion.

Then you don't mind it if people call you a pedophile, because, you might possibly be?

From a legal point of view, saying someone has committed a crime that they have not committed is false accusation. "Thou shalt not bear false witness" is one of the Biblical Ten Commandments and is part of nearly every legal code, not just US law. Calling people illegals, falsely, is breaking the law.

I do not even know what you are talking about with illegal republicans but you got to play that race card right?

Trump passed this, right, not Obama.

Link

Prison reform. Promised for decades and the 'racist cheeto' gets it done....

Do you think the problem of racial bias in the incarcerated has been resolved?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Wouldn't that make the President an 'illegal'?

Is that a typo or are you really that ignorant?

ETA: Nvm, you're just that New Zealand guy that posts nonsense all the time about American politics.

An 'illegal' person, is a person who breaks the law. Etymologically it means a person or act which is not legal. The term doesn't differentiate by race and isn't specific to the subset of those who cross borders.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ker2010

"Attempted" border "non-crossings".

Your title is misleading.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

ETA: Nvm, you're just that New Zealand guy that posts nonsense all the time about American politics.

An 'illegal' person, is a person who breaks the law. Etymologically it means a person or act which is not legal. The term doesn't differentiate by race and isn't specific to the subset of those who cross borders.

Illegal immigration refers to the migration of people into a country in ways that violate the immigration laws of that country, or the remaining in a country of people who no longer have the legal right to remain.

Took 2 seconds to find that info.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: InTheLight

Lol, the opinion of the Human Rights Watch does not supersede international law.

Since you're failing to recognize my point, international law sates asylum seekers register their asylum claim in the first country they arrive in. Since these CENTRAL AMERICANS are detained trying to enter FROM MEXICO, the US is obviously not the first country they arrived in after fleeing their own country. This makes them unable to seek asylum in the US.

Sorry, but you are still wrong.

Nope, he's not wrong. See, the U.S. under W, added to U.S. Asylum law, making it legal for an citizen from El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, traveling with children, or unaccompanied minors from those countries to bypass requesting asylum in mexico first. William Wilberforce Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act of 2008

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Yea the title is screwd.

It is not illegal for them to cross. If it were the corporate prison system would snatch them up and collect monies. Instead we just create another corporate system that houses claimants.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

www.justice.gov...

Page 33

Is this perhaps your source?
edit on 6/3/2019 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UncleTomahawk

originally posted by: scojak
a reply to: InTheLight

To quote your own quote (and prove you wrong):

"Some immigration-rights advocates explain this uptick by pointing at world events—environmental devastation, gang activity and political volatility in much of Central America."

No Central American in this situation can legally seek asylum in the US.

Even if they are," fleeing politically motivated violence and that translates to political persecution, which makes them legal asylum seekers", they are not allowed to seek asylum in the US.

From what i gather the gang ms13 is the reason many of them are granted asylum cause they are big time down there in coffee country.

That would be ironic, if true.

The United States number one export to south America, actually being the cause of many successful asylum claims... lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
It IS illegal for them to cross. WTF is wrong with you people? I am a US citizen and if I come back to the US from a foreign country, any country, I am not allowed back in unless I have my passport.

If I 'sneak in' I am ok because I have a passport. I am a citizen. If I 'sneak in' and am not a legal citizen of the US I am committing a crime. How hard is to understand?

If you go into a convenience store, pick up a 6 pack and walk out, is that legal? I needed the beer. I had no money. My wife was persecuting me for not doing the dishes....

edit on Marpm31pmf0000002019-03-06T12:38:05-06:001205 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As I said in another thread, 76,000 of 300,000,000 is .025%. $8.5 billion of $4.4 trillion is .19%.

If that .025% is supposed to be scary why were we told that the .19% was insignificant?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

www.justice.gov...

Page 33

Is this perhaps your source?

Sounds right. I was on page 33.

I wonder if the member xeuchen was correct that someone just testified to congress that 90% do not show up to court proceedings or if that member was taking the piss.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
It IS illegal for them to cross. WTF is wrong with you people? I am a US citizen and if I come back to the US from a foreign country, any country, I am not allowed back in unless I have my passport.

If I 'sneak in' I am ok because I have a passport. I am a citizen. If I 'sneak in' and am not a legal citizen of the US I am committing a crime. How hard is to understand?

If you go into a convenience store, pick up a 6 pack and walk out, is that legal? I needed the beer. I had no money. My wife was persecuting me for not doing the dishes....

I guess that is the price you pay for being a legal citizen.

The asylum seekers are using a couple loopholes in the law.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy
I've answered this before. You're getting mixed up. They must claim Asylum STATUS in the first safe country they land in. Then they can move to any country they want and claim Asylum.
After they have got Asylum status they have to present themselves at the US border and claim Asylum. that enters them into the Asylum procedure of the US which can take a long period. In that period they must stay in Mexico. But if they get into the US the US is duty bound to keep them during their Asylum request.
Your getting mixed up with Asylum Status and Asylum.
This is happening all over Europe, they claim asylum status in the first country then travel to their country of choice and claim asylum.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

All of your data are at least 2 years old. Don't you think that someone testifying might have more recent data?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Many are fleeing politically motivated violence and that translates to political persecution, which makes them legal asylum seekers.

It says political volatility, and so it seems you translated it to your own narrative, also running from perceived crime is not a reason for asylum. Finally, they should be seeking asylum in the next country such as Mexico that has offered it to them not multiple countries where they pick and choose.

Their asylum seeking is total BS as the border lawyers tell them the magic words to use to get in. I agree it is the fault of our laws, but I'm not going to do the bleeding heart route that you want to go to justify that they are truly asylum seekers.

edit on 6-3-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

All of your data are at least 2 years old. Don't you think that someone testifying might have more recent data?

That is not real life....

The date is only missing 2018.

The % have been pretty much the same over the years so it is safe to assume that no drastic changes in the data would occur last year.

That same claim was made by potus several times last year that most of them do not go to their hearings. He was wrong then too but most believed him.

It is hyperbole and although my claim was heavily attacked by members yall never questioned the legitimacy of the member constantly posting pictures of blowing smoke. Why are you not questioning if the person really just told congress that 90% of claimants do not show up for court.

If that is true then that person can join cohen in the pen.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

my God your avatar is so distracting and agitating and frustrating at the same time, please do something about it, I cant respond because of it, its gross.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Illegal immigration refers to the migration of people into a country in ways that violate the immigration laws of that country, or the remaining in a country of people who no longer have the legal right to remain.

Took 2 seconds to find that info.

Sure, and since the law allows for people to cross the border to request asylum, as did the 76,000 referenced in the article, those people are not illegal immigrants, because they were acting compliant to the dictates of the law.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
What a joke.....this is overwhelming the system and In zero way beneficial to the American way of life

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight
a reply to: ker2010

Your title is misleading, as these people are considered 'legal' asylum seekers.

yeah, I'm sure all 76,000 are just good people wanting a better life.........wake up.

our system is broken, and most of our politicians want it to stay that way. any thoughts on why you think that is?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join