It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condeming the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The last century ran blood red and the reason was nationlistic fever. India building weapons like war is immediate, and China spending money on military as private on leave. America is standing astride the world conducting its crusade for democracy. Many other nations are acting in the same vein, and people on many web sites rub their hands with glee. Look at the weapons being developed. How many people will that kill?

PEACE IS AS FAR FROM US THAN EVER, ONE MORE CENTURY WHERE OLD WAYS HAVE BECOME NEW AGAIN.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
War is big business. Probably the biggest there is next to government itself. Our world focuses on money and as such, the big businesses will thrive in such an environment. War will never end so long as men are willing to expend life to attain wealth. I don't see a solution to it unfortunately. A complete restructuring of our civilization that focuses away from money and power would have to happen. In this reality I see it as an unachievable goal. Not only are there those unscrupulous enough to seek such things in life, there are those ignorant enough to kill and die for them too. Nationalism as propoganda to goad the masses into accepting war is something I don't see as being removed from society.

Once most men are dead from such wars, or something else kills of the majority of mankind like global warming, only then could there be a chance to stop the continuation of the old methods. Though in the aftermath and reconstruction from such global catastrophes, I can only imagine the process will repeat itself given enough time.

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Frith]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Though in the aftermath and reconstruction from such global catastrophes, I can only imagine the process will repeat itself given enough time.

More like one good global catastrophe will enable the meek (cockroaches) to inherit the earth.

new topics

join