It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Bans Tommy Robinson’s Book, ‘Mohammed’s Koran’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: JDmOKI

Then you should be arguing for stricter antitrust laws. Not trying to argue that the government should target one specific company because they took advantage of the rules.

Did you have any problem when Walmart refused to sell music because of its content? Did the government need to step in and make them sell NWA's Straight Outta Compton?

NWA was before my time and yes I believe the consumer should have a right to choose what they buy. If you can sell guns you can sell bad words in music

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm one of Stephen Yaxley-Lennon's biggest critics here on ATS....and in real life.
I think the man is a complete knobhead.

Yes, he makes some very relevant points but they are submerged in an absolute avalanche of bollocks and bull#.

I've stated my reasons why I dislike him on many occasions.

I've just searched on Amazon UK for this book and it isn't available in any format....maybe someone can show me otherwise.
It is possible to buy Mein Kampf in various formats.

How anyone can support this censorship is beyond me.

Censorship is the antithesis of our culture, we fought a world war against those who advocated such practices.
How close are we to doing the same.

Next stop will it be the thought police and internment camps for those who voice opinions we don't agree with?

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
edit on 6/3/19 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Earth to all indignant posters Amazon sells the book. Did ANYONE bother to check? The headline is Fake News.

Not in the US as far as I can see.
Checked author and title....

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Disagree, have you watched his documentary??? BBC tried diligently to dispatch his reputation with a perceived sour bird........who then came to her senses and caught BBC in their own trap.....he ain't perfect, but reasonable doubt is in his corner....

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Maybe they were worried Nugent would show up asking for the book.

So, I was walking through Chicago and I saw that there was a "Muslim Book Store." I was wondering what exactly was in a Muslim bookstore, so I went in.
As... I was wandering around taking a look, the clerk stopped me and asked if he could help me.
I imagine I didn't look like his normal clientele, so I asked, “Do you have a copy of Donald Trump's book on his U.S. Immigration Policy regarding Muslims and illegal Mexicans?"
The clerk said, "GET OUT!, GET OUT AND STAY OUT!"
I said, "Yes, that's the one. Do you have it in paperback?"

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I can't stand the bs "free to do what they want, they are private" statements with corporations.

These companies ALL have revolving door spooks in them, if not outright started by them. (Lifelog to Facebook same day)

Even if not started by the gov, there are no anti trust protection for us.

They have completely neutered small business.

They have completely circumvented the constitution. (Alexa etc...)

Shut 'em down. All of them.

Techno commies.

With capitalism a company can grow large enough to then dictate what services and products it sells, the only way to stop that would be government intervention, talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
edit on 6-3-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
nevermind

Morons are just morons
edit on 6 3 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Seems the book is still for sale here in Australia, Kindle version from Amazon. Selective censorship relative to country, interesting.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: gallop

What I see going on is people that religiously defend the Constitution and are very opposed to government regulation demanding that the government step in and prevent a business from operating how they see fit.

I'm hoping for; if you dont sell one offense, then you dont sell the opposing nonsense either.

Used to be a red flag on what a retailer supports and doesnt. Thats the point here

Exactly.. But, they are OK with selling or promoting the alternatives, which are actually worse.

People are too blinded by their hypocrisy. Oh It's Tommy, well he once was the leader of a racist group, he's an ex this or that, he doesn't even use his name, he's this he's that, I don't care what happens.

Oh it's Alex Jones, well good riddance. No more gay frogs...

Oh it's him, or it's them.. when nothing they promote incites hatred nor violence, just talks about facts and opinion, but people are OK with them being silenced en masse. While the alternative voices get away with, literally calling for murder.

No consistency. If they want to have it seen as "This goes against our ethos" then they need to be consistent. But they're not, and this is an obvious agenda against a specific way of thinking.

"Don't use amazon then, duh!" they cry... While ignoring that places like twitter, youtube, facebook, amazon, et al, are forcing a world view onto the lower thinking populace, which has a direct impact on Everything. 1 bee is not a problem. 1000 bees all swarming, sure is. And this is what we see at almost every protest, rally, convention.. not just 1 moron incapable of intelligent thought, but 1000 of them, all spewing the same vitriol because it's all they were allowed to see on the internet, the tv, etc..

"Don't watch TV! Problem solved."

Tell that to hyuk hyuk and Cashmeousside..

edit on 7-3-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

Me: "Let me hang my painting in your living room."

You: "Sure, hang it. Seems nice."

2 years later. People suddenly don't like me.

You: "I'm sorry, but your painting goes against my wall hanging policy. I'm taking it down."

sure...

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: schuyler

People defending Amazon decision to ban Tommy Robinson’s Book here is rather ironic at best.

Well, they're left leaning and don't much like Tommy. So it's all ok on paper to them, and they'll rip the book apart to find reasons to justify it.

Not ever seeing what they're helping unfold.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Let me give you all a small bit of info you probably don't know. Question, where does the modern Koran come from?
Well virtually ALL the Korans the run of the mill Muslim waves about comes from the early 1900s. Do you believe it when they say their book comes from 900s. Naah.
There were many versions of the Koran floating about with different writings so the got a few Islamic scholars in Cairo, I think, and the rewrote the whole book, putting things in and taking things out. Google is your friend.

You can't take things out. There is no abrogation.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
You mean wee Steve the junkie the whose been sent to prison after assaulting a police officer who was preventing him form beating on his girlfriend then was sent down for drugs offences and recently boasted that he can score gear any where while asking for a "little paki" who drives a car....he recently was on camera just punching a guy in the face after he wound him up. Thats not even his whole rap sheet we could add to that mortgage fraud and contempt of court.

Wee Stevie is a total scum bag.

I saw the stuff he made about the BBC and it doesn't really amount to much.

I really do think that people need to look into who Tommy Robinson actually is before supporting him, he is not a nice guy, he is not the kind of guy I really do think that most decent folk would want to side with.

Ohhh also you're source is wrong, Tommy has not been banned from YouTube, YouTube defends decision to keep Tommy Robinson on its site . Now if Amazon chose not to see his book thats up to them, its not censorship its just their decision if they feel that selling his products through there site is going to hurt their brand. I mean he is still free to see his book through other avenues if he wants.

Are you from Luton? I am, and even though I do not agree with everything he says, we do have a Muslim problem in the UK. Problem is, if you say this, then you are instantly classed as a racist, even though religon is not a race.

We have a hide problem in this country with young people being radicalised. Almost every terrorist attack in the UK, in the name of Allah, was done by peoe born in the UK.

We are so soft in the UK when it comes to this, like we are are too scared to offend.

You say tommy is a racist, and his rants are all about hate, but its ok for certain muslims to be able to creely walk our streets and do demonstrations about wanting sharia law in yhis country, saying theit flag will be the flag flying above Buckingham palace. Some of these people went on to kill people in the terrorist attack in London.

This is a huge problem, and as long as this country is soft, we will always have this problem, and this threat!

As for him being banned from a number of social media outlets, this is worrying, and a growing trend to shut down free speech.

First Alex Jones gets banned from social media, and even david Icke was refused entry into Australia, and now this.

How long until sits like this are shut down?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Let’s say less than 5% of the population is somehow a Muslim problem, you still don’t need to back someone like wee stevie.

Also I never actually used the word racist...actually went through and double checked I have not used the word racist once in this thread. Bit of a straw man argument you’re using these buddy

But you look up the UK legal definition of race, might find it enlightening.
edit on 7-3-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Let’s say less than 5% of the population is somehow a Muslim problem, you still don’t need to back someone like wee stevie.

Also I never actually used the word racist...actually went through and double checked I have not used the word racist once in this thread. Bit of a straw man argument you’re using these buddy

But you look up the UK legal definition of race, might find it enlightening.

Sorry, did I say you were a racist? Sorry I must have missed that! Maybe go back and read what I said!

Robinson has been classed as a racist for his views on Muslims, which is rubbish because religon is not a race. Many people who agree with him have been classed as racist!

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Again, you said I had called him a racist, yet unti my last response to you I haven’t even used to word racist.

....straw man much

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Again, you said I had called him a racist, yet unti my last response to you I haven’t even used to word racist.

And again please read up on how race is defined in the UK

As I said before, this is not about race, this is about religon, a brutal one at that. Let's me ask you, do you think it's right that certain muslims conversely do demonstrations that promote terrorism and sharia law in this country. Do you think that is right?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Sorry I think you might be a bit confused. You are the only one talking about race

This thread is about amazon refusing to sell his book.

I mean, no I don’t think it’s right for anyone to promote violence in the name of any ideology but that’s got naff all to do what the topic at hand.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Sorry I think you might be a bit confused. You are the only one talking about race

This thread is about amazon refusing to sell his book.

I mean, no I don’t think it’s right for anyone to promote violence in the name of any ideology but that’s got naff all to do what the topic at hand.

Has everything to do with it. Now, if you do not agree with it, like many people in the UK do not agree with it, then why is it allowed to continue, even though some of these very protesters were involved involved and killed in a terrorist attack in london. Why are they still allowed to do this?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

This thread is about amazon refusing to sell his book. I mean, no I don’t think it’s right for anyone to promote violence in the name of any ideology but that’s got naff all to do what the topic at hand.

Of course its to do with the topic at hand. The man tells of his observations - you deflect saying its about Amazon banning a book as they have a right to stock what they want - and yet your .....

rant here is on topic?

You mean wee Steve the junkie the whose been sent to prison after assaulting a police officer who was preventing him form beating on his girlfriend then was sent down for drugs offences and recently boasted that he can score gear any where while asking for a "little paki" who drives a car....he recently was on camera just punching a guy in the face after he wound him up. Thats not even his whole rap sheet we could add to that mortgage fraud and contempt of court. Wee Stevie is a total scum bag.

LOL

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join