It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon Bans Tommy Robinson’s Book, ‘Mohammed’s Koran’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: mobiusmale

I could be wrong, but aren't businesses required by law to treat everyone equally and if they don't, they can be fined or lose their business registration for multiple offences?

Cheers - Dave

Nope, it’s up to them for the most part.

If they were discriminating against a protected characteristic they maybe but it depends on the case specifically.

Amazing can pick and chose what they sell just like the local corner shop can.

But they are discriminating based on political correctness and religious bias. Every book involving religion or the pros and cons of political correctness should therefore be banned from being sold, if the playing field were made equal. Otherwise it is simply selective hypocrisy. Can you buy mein kampf on amazon, just out of interest,? Of course you can lol. Go lookup killing Christians on amazon. 705 results. Your point fails, miserably.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 3/6.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Stop wasting my time with crap.

aclu-co.org...

Private business aren't allowed to DISCRIMINATE against anyone.

I don’t know if that’s the case in America but in the U.K. it is perfectly responsible for amazon to do this.

The UK doesn't have free speech protected like in the US that's why people can get thrown in jail for hurting someone feelings or offending someone

That's just the kind of nonsense that gets posted on ATS from people who not only don't know what they are talking about, but don't bother to look up the details prior to posting. Hate speech that can get you into problems with the law in the UK are defined very specifically around advocation of violence against a group of society, making credible threats of violence against particular individuals etc.

You may think in some really weird way America is morally superior but scratch the surface of your 'free speech' rights and you'll find that actually they are not all inclusive.

Not quite sure what this has to do with a retailer deciding not to sell a particular product though.

Exactly because hate speech is different to alot of people. In the US you can say what you want as long as you don't harass or promote violence. It's a beautiful thing

Pretty much how it is in the U.K., I mean sure you get the occasional wired one where someone gets punished unfairly but for the most part that’s how it works.

Yea, the same crap is going on in Canada because we seem to follow the same crap laws that the UK does.

Lot's of people are being charged or having their lives ruined for expressing the wrong OPINIONS and OFFENDING some lil sissy.

I have an example from right here in my hometown. LINK

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

No my point is that Amazon can pick and chose what they sell.

They are under absolutely no legal obligation to sell Wee Stevies book.

None.

In the UK not selling a anti-Islamic book is not illegal, if you disagree with that then thats fine but it doesn't change the law.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

a reply to: Allaroundyou

Someone should have stopped after threatening doxxing.

Are you scared dude?
I am willing to dox myself dude. I have nothing to hide man.

I think the point is that the comment was in poor taste. So you tell women not to wear short dresses too? Doxxing is absolutely prohibited here and the way you said that was pretty nonchalant. If you just learned the term maybe you should look at the history of it being used to bully and harrass others before you start tossing it around.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
I'm surprised so many grant neo the courtesy of trying to have a discussion.

It is impossible

It's clear he has an agenda

What a GD load are garbage his posts are.

Ahahaha

From where I've been sitting, your posts have more of a stench of refuse than anyone's.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: Xcalibur254

Stop wasting my time with crap.

aclu-co.org...

Private business aren't allowed to DISCRIMINATE against anyone.

I don’t know if that’s the case in America but in the U.K. it is perfectly responsible for amazon to do this.

The UK doesn't have free speech protected like in the US that's why people can get thrown in jail for hurting someone feelings or offending someone

That's just the kind of nonsense that gets posted on ATS from people who not only don't know what they are talking about, but don't bother to look up the details prior to posting. Hate speech that can get you into problems with the law in the UK are defined very specifically around advocation of violence against a group of society, making credible threats of violence against particular individuals etc.

You may think in some really weird way America is morally superior but scratch the surface of your 'free speech' rights and you'll find that actually they are not all inclusive.

Not quite sure what this has to do with a retailer deciding not to sell a particular product though.

Exactly because hate speech is different to alot of people. In the US you can say what you want as long as you don't harass or promote violence. It's a beautiful thing

Pretty much how it is in the U.K., I mean sure you get the occasional wired one where someone gets punished unfairly but for the most part that’s how it works.

Wasn't a women arrested recently for calling a transwoman a man on twitter? Ans doesn't the UK have something like 2500 police who's job is to scan social media for offensive posts? Doesn't sound very free to me.

Yes you're right. Canada has the same BS laws.

You can get arrested for speaking your mind here, without any hate involved, just facts.

Does it happen all the time? No, they choose their cases so the public doesn't have a aneurysm. One time is too many though.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Good. I'd rather see a smaller company reap the rewards anyway, and Amazon probably just sent a million customers their way... including me. I'd like to read it.

This made me laugh, like a million people would buy this laughing stocks book, he's a moron.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
how the hell do Americans get so confused, we are either dealing with people acting like they are 7 years old or purposely trolling, the differnece most people cant understand, poor Tommys mouth has NOT been closed by some UK law restricting his free speech

I literally typed the title of this thread into google and can buy his book from many an outlet still including Ebay or waterstones, click the links if you to lazy to google for yourself, it would seem we have many a lazy person here, they spout nonsense about UK free speech, Amazon (a company i despise for different reasons) can choose what they sell, maybe they saw a dip in profits in other countries (most Americans understand the chase of the $) and decided it was not good for PR

There has been no restriction of poor Tommys mouth, some would say thats a shame, if your not one of them click one of the links and buy a copy of his book if you wish, I wont

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

a reply to: mobiusmale

I could be wrong, but aren't businesses required by law to treat everyone equally and if they don't, they can be fined or lose their business registration for multiple offences?

Cheers - Dave

Nope, it’s up to them for the most part.

If they were discriminating against a protected characteristic they maybe but it depends on the case specifically.

Amazing can pick and chose what they sell just like the local corner shop can.

But they are discriminating based on political correctness and religious bias. Every book involving religion or the pros and cons of political correctness should therefore be banned from being sold, if the playing field were made equal. Otherwise it is simply selective hypocrisy. Can you buy mein kampf on amazon, just out of interest,? Of course you can lol. Go lookup killing Christians on amazon. 705 results. Your point fails, miserably.

Cheers - Dave

We have a Christian bookstore just down the road. In it, the books are categorized by topics such as Bible study, prayer, salvation, etc.; there's even a section on demon possession. But nowhere in the shop is there a section on demon worship--which is a religion for some people.

Perhaps we should shut them down too?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Earth to all indignant posters Amazon sells the book. Did ANYONE bother to check? The headline is Fake News.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

That's quite the defend of the censorship in your post.

To make it even simpler, think of any Website as someone's living room in their home: you are there because you've been invited. If you say or do anything to offend them, they can legally require you to leave the premises.

No Liberals were kicked out of the platforms. Even with their hardcore views on the world. How do you explain that fact?

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

People defending Amazon decision to ban Tommy Robinson’s Book here is rather ironic at best.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Let me give you all a small bit of info you probably don't know. Question, where does the modern Koran come from?
Well virtually ALL the Korans the run of the mill Muslim waves about comes from the early 1900s. Do you believe it when they say their book comes from 900s. Naah.
There were many versions of the Koran floating about with different writings so the got a few Islamic scholars in Cairo, I think, and the rewrote the whole book, putting things in and taking things out. Google is your friend.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Earth to all indignant posters Amazon sells the book. Did ANYONE bother to check? The headline is Fake News.

Not in the uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Not in the uk...

If that is truely the case, it would seem Amazon had no say in the matter.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Not in the uk...

Wrong again! The Kindle edition is available.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Earth to Schuyler, the sales page is still up but it says "this title is unavailable for purchase".

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I don’t know if this has been posted already, but I just bought the book HERE because I want to read dangerous things and take risks. I also react poorly to social engineering and big corporations trying to protect me from bad words.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You should be able to scream and say nasty stuff about others as long as you are not killing or harming them to a certain degree....Then forgiveness must happen and redemption of some sort and talking to each other...It will never happen with the massive wealth consumption these people and governments make off wars and drug money,elections....Their lust for power and greed corrupts them...They are unable to see the messenger who warns them.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I can't stand the bs "free to do what they want, they are private" statements with corporations.

These companies ALL have revolving door spooks in them, if not outright started by them. (Lifelog to Facebook same day)

Even if not started by the gov, there are no anti trust protection for us.

They have completely neutered small business.

They have completely circumvented the constitution. (Alexa etc...)

Shut 'em down. All of them.

Techno commies.

edit on 3 by Mandroid7 because: Corr..phoneposter

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join