It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor: I Was The Victim Of A Racist Hate Crime

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

On google images you can see her car and where someone rubbed the window. Nothing sticky cause it did not clump. Just rubbed around just like dirt and it looks like dirt and too early in the year in most areas for pollen. She maybe first seen it when it was damp from the dew.

I get the image of her driving down a dirt road and she was not used to such.

Maybe she parked under a pine tree that decided it was a beautiful day to drop pollen out of season. Round here none of the trees have leaves and the pines like about 60-70 degree nites steady before they do their sexing. Same with the fishes and such.

I am just glad i do not have the thought of hate crimes ingrained into my brain and then relate them to everyday occurrences.

It would suck to live in such fear and i hope things get better for people.

Like being around a person that has stole from you in the past. You lose something and then the brain automatically goes to they stole again. I have been in that position and those situations suck.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UncleTomahawk

She maybe first seen it when it was damp from the dew.

That was my first impression as well.

Here in North Alabama, we had one day in early February where the temperatures exceeded 80 degrees (I was ecstatic!). That apparently started the budding. It is quite possible in the early morning that there was a heavy dew (with the massive amounts of rain there would be high humidity) and she just happened to be in the path of a stream of pollen.

If the car looked like it was simply dirty, it is also possible that what was on it was pollen-laden dust. That can easily blow across an area, and look yellow in the early morning sun but more dirty later on.

Just speculation, though. Neither of us were there.

I am just glad i do not have the thought of hate crimes ingrained into my brain and then relate them to everyday occurrences.

It would suck to live in such fear and i hope things get better for people.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I try to find natural excuses before even considering something a crime, much less a hate crime. That probably comes from purposely not being around people very much.

But yeah... must be a hellish existence to live like that. Kudos to you for not being like her.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I take it you have never lived with a kleptomaniac before. After a while it just becomes common to blame them for stuff. I can remember years ago i would lose something and joke about the person somehow being responsible for it.

It is all just mental programming. Once you are told for decades on end that whitey is out to get you then sooner or later you will believe you got got. Maybe not everyone will succumb to such but we all have our perceived demons.

edit on 6-3-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I take it you have never lived with a kleptomaniac before.

Beware of false assumptions.

I do understand what you are saying, though. Claim something enough times and some people will begin to believe it. That's a problem I have railed about for quite some time... just seems nobody wants to listen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you are a black man (I am basing this on the avatar and a gut feeling). I mention it only because if so, I hope we can have some stimulating discussion about the problems we have in society concerning race, from both perspectives (yes, I am a white Southern male). I cannot fully appreciate your cultural influences, nor can you fully appreciate mine, but we can try to understand each other's positions and why they are taken.

So... in that light, I humbly ask with no intention to offend nor disparage anyone, are the reports I hear occasionally about an institutionally-instilled hatred toward white folk really as true as they are made out to be?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I take it you have never lived with a kleptomaniac before.

Beware of false assumptions.

I do understand what you are saying, though. Claim something enough times and some people will begin to believe it. That's a problem I have railed about for quite some time... just seems nobody wants to listen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you are a black man (I am basing this on the avatar and a gut feeling). I mention it only because if so, I hope we can have some stimulating discussion about the problems we have in society concerning race, from both perspectives (yes, I am a white Southern male). I cannot fully appreciate your cultural influences, nor can you fully appreciate mine, but we can try to understand each other's positions and why they are taken.

So... in that light, I humbly ask with no intention to offend nor disparage anyone, are the reports I hear occasionally about an institutionally-instilled hatred toward white folk really as true as they are made out to be?

TheRedneck

The thieving analogy was just an example that came to my mind cause i had an ex sister in law who was a hound dog when it came to pills and cash. After being burnt a few times by her a few times it became normal for me to blame her anytime a situation arose that would fit the bill and i seen how easily it became to blame her even when perhaps i was just full of crap about a situation.

That is how i see this lady in the op. In her mind she has likely experienced some actual hate from other groups in her lifetime. Add that to the msm and the left weaponizing hate then it can create the mindset where some people actually believe someone is out to get them.

Life imitates art and vice versa.

When i was a boy i was told i was black several times then i was told i am not several times. I am from the south. I also come from a prominent family that had reasons to lie about such and money enough to buy truth. I have a lot in common with woody harrelson as far as weed and fathers go.

It has givin me a unique perspective of taking time to see both sides.

I was raised up to be hard by both sides of this racial debate.

My story would blow the minds of most people.

Heck i was even seriously told once i am oj simpsons son....lol

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

how easily it became to blame her even when perhaps i was just full of crap about a situation

Understood. Completely.

I'm not at ease enough to talk about my experiences, sorry.

That is how i see this lady in the op. In her mind she has likely experienced some actual hate from other groups in her lifetime. Add that to the msm and the left weaponizing hate then it can create the mindset where some people actually believe someone is out to get them.

That is indeed a likely scenario, IMO as well. However, it is not a scenario which I think is acceptable. We should not be institutionalizing hatred toward anyone. I blame the political correctness of the past few decades, which culminated in the practice of simply calling anyone one disagrees with a "racist."

When i was a boy i was told i was black several times then i was told i am not several times. I am from the south. I also come from a prominent family that had reasons to lie about such and money enough to buy truth.

Ah, that's why you seem to like Dwight Yokum!

Your story thus far reminds me of Charlie Pride... I don't care what anyone thinks of my opinion, I believe that's Hank Williams' boy. The man can SING! He does a better version of Kaw-Liga than Hank or Bocephus ever did. That secretive mixing went on far too much in the old south... I'm personally glad to see that we have progressed beyond it for the most part. People should be proud of their heritage, no matter what that heritage is. There is good and bad in all of them.

I'm just a poor old white guy who was teased mercilessly about being so rural when I was young, I just gave up and adopted the nickname others had given me. Took all the wind out of their sales, and over the years it has changed a lot of people's impression of what a "redneck" is. There's a lesson in that story that many should listen to.

My story would blow the minds of most people.

Probably. I came form the old south as well, one of the first to attend a desegregated school (which burnt down the summer between my 1st and 2nd grade... I wonder why?). I for one would love to hear your story sometime, however, if you ever have the inclination to share.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I'm not at ease enough to talk about my experiences, sorry.

I hear that and fell the same. Along with the fact that my truth come with serious implications for many different groups of people. It is like a perfectly orchestrated plan by higher powers in order to keep a certain amount of balance between powerful groups. On top of that it is very unbelievable.

I grew up cat fishing nearly every weekend on the river. It is one area i will brag about and say i strive to be the best at. One of these days when my ship comes in we should go. I hear there are some great places in bama for such.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

We got some record-size cats in the Tennessee. Used to have spoonbills in there (a little milder taste than a river cat), but haven't heard of any being taken out for a while. But river cat? Oh, yeah, we got 'em.

That ship comes in, you're welcome. I seriously need to do me some serious fishin'... been far too long.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The mentality of wanting to be a victim is so strange to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join