It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tough cats

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
my cat is hard as nails, will take on dogs if they come too close to the house, took on a german shepherd the other week, was on his back biting his neck, dog couldn't do a thing except try to roll her off him. she catches maybe 2 rats a week and leaves tails for me on the kitchen floor, eats the whole body, semi feral but sleeps on my bed at night, she is hungry right now, chasing spiders, will feed her, just love her fighter instinct.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
My sister-in-law's favorite cat was a feral one she tried to domesticate. Keyword being tried, lol, the cat didn't simmer down quite as much as she wanted. Actually, we (including my brother) used to joke that she (the cat) was the devil incarnate, based on her plain old mean disposition and ability to shred any poor wild thing that came close to her. She was a great hunter, I'll give her that.

She eventually spawned a litter of kittens, and they kept 2 of them. One was the biggest wimp I've ever come across that was still called a cat, and the other was the spitting image of mama, in terms of mean personality. My brother's joke that caught on was that he (Cat Jr) had a thousand yard stare than could "suck your soul".

His favorite thing to do was to catch those big-ass flying roaches Florida's so well known for, decapitate them, and put the mangled body on sister-in-law's pillow while she slept/napped.

The shrieks when she woke were a sure bet every time. Sick little furry bastard (yes, I know he was sharing the spoils of his hunt in his mind, but that's still gross)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

i chuckled at your story, thank you

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

i proper chuckled reading that
...same as some folk in my world...crazy stuff, crazy cats though! You have no idea lol

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SerenTheUniverse

We had a black and white Maine Coon and a yellow tabby Maine Coon when I was growing up. The yellow tabby's name was Sam and he was a large cat, usually weighing between 25-27 lbs at his annual vet visit. The black and white one, though, was named Shadow and he was 35 lbs by the time he was 5 years old. The floorboards creeked under his feet when he walked and he was an animal with a distinct presence about him. Anything smaller than he was was inspected as a potential victim and food source. My friend and I were sitting on the porch one night in high school and the neighbor's (from a mile south of the ranch) chihuahua ran across the front of the yard. I had one of those time slowing down moments as I realized Shadow had gone from quietly sitting on the edge of the porch to that low belly stalking run big cats do. He had the dog's neck broken and a couple of bites taken out of it and swallowed before I could even reach the front gate. Never saw anything quite like it before or since. The neighbor came by a few hours later asking if we'd seen Pepe... "Nope, haven't seen him, hope the coyotes didn't get him." was all I could say... how in the hell do you tell someone that your housecat killed and ate their damn "dog?"

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

brilliant story mate, thank you, want a Maine Coone when my current love goes

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SerenTheUniverse
my cat is hard as nails, will take on dogs if they come too close to the house, took on a german shepherd the other week, was on his back biting his neck, dog couldn't do a thing except try to roll her off him. she catches maybe 2 rats a week and leaves tails for me on the kitchen floor, eats the whole body, semi feral but sleeps on my bed at night, she is hungry right now, chasing spiders, will feed her, just love her fighter instinct.

You can wash a dog but have you ever tried to wash a cat?

Dirty disease carrying creatures. It's like damn, I got some fecal matter on me, I'll have to lick that off...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   
My cat, The Flatulent Bandercat, tangled with a boxer that we were fostering. It did NOT turn out as expected.

We had the boxer for a few weeks, without incident. They seemed to get along.

Then, it happened. It was both terrible and hilarious.

We aren't exactly sure what started the melee, but my cat ended up in the gaping maws of this boxer... and he whooped that dog's a$$. It was a flurry of claws and fangs. The poor dog was trying like hell to spit out the kitty cat, but couldn't manage... Bander had all of his weapons engaged in the dogs face, and he was NOT letting go. We had to pull the two apart, and the dog was howling like he was about to die.

We had to treat multiple puncture wounds and lacerations on the dog. My cat was just covered in slobber.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
When I was younger we always had outside cats. There was this one huge cat we had named Tommy. He loved coming in the house and making himself at home. We also had a German Shepherd... Well one day Tommy runs in the house, goes straight for the dog food, and stands there gobbling it down right in front of the dog. The dog didn't know what to do but stand there staring in bewilderment. That was one brave cat if you ask me.

Here's a picture of my mom holding Tommy to get an idea of how big he was.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Dirty disease carrying creatures. It's like damn, I got some fecal matter on me, I'll have to lick that off...

I agree . They collect so much dander as well. I’ve heard if you start bathing cats as wee tiny kittens, they take to it more.

And that bs about a dogs saliva being clean enough to lick wounds, is just that.. bs.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Cats are pretty hardcore sometimes man. I saw a video where cats were doing unbelievable stuff. Flying through the air bouncing off multiple walls and landing on people's faces type stuff. LOL

After seeing that video, I sure don't want to piss off a puma or a tiger or something. I can't imagine what a gigantic version of a housecat might be capable of if this is what an ordinary looking little furball can do.
edit on 5-3-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

everyone, meet Fat Freddy's cat .... that's it's name of a catrachter in a cartoon series by a guy named Gilbert Sheldon called The Furry Freak Brothers ... Fat Freddy was one of the freaks and his cat was . . . Fat Freddy's cat!

[url=https://duckduckgo.com/?q=+fat+freddys+cat&atb=v80-6&iax=images&ia=images&iai=http%3A%2F%2Flibapp.img.dl.ienglish.com%2Fapi%2Flibappresources%2Fb ooks%2Fipad%2Fmaincoverlarge%2F426-1-regular-1.jpg[/url]

enjoy,

I've always found it was a fair depiction of those 'paw widdle puddy tatts', the devious bastards they be

edit on 5-3-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: catzo

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Simply the best thread in a long time!! I actually laughed out loud! They way some of you tell it, f’in brilliant!!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The first rule of feral cat fight club is... you do not talk about feral cat fight club.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Cats are pretty hardcore sometimes man. I saw a video where cats were doing unbelievable stuff. Flying through the air bouncing off multiple walls and landing on people's faces type stuff. LOL

Ah, you mean like this:

Cracks me up every time I see it because I can relate to everything the guy does

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

Ah, you mean like this:

Cracks me up every time I see it because I can relate to everything the guy does

Sort of. Only it was a youtube vid with real cats and they were crazy accurate. The one in this video is kinda clumsy. Those cats were doing crazy acrobatics that you couldn't believe were real.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

i have washed my cat once, she had been gone 4 nights and turned up wailing at the door, 3 really bad rat bites on her back, full of green/yellow puss. she knew what she needed, i washed the puss out, applied antiseptic, and wrapped her in a towel...two days later really healthy looking scabs, and then she went on an adventure for another 2 days lol
she is hard as nails, getting older now though, i think she is 13, not sure.
cat related story, my sisters cat got killed by her next door neighbours dog this week, totally sad for her, she had him 18 years

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

You are doing something wrong....lol...my 20lb Tabby drops the bathtub plug at my feet every 3 days like clockwork...and I give him a bath in the tub....I literally pour 2liter plastic jugs of water over his head in jest and fun...we call it his Jug-Bath and he knows what the words mean....we walk the perimeter of where we live nightly....before we do it he walks over to his COLLAR WITH BELLS ON IT so I can put it on him ...so we put on the Uniform then we walk the perimeters with him in a paced cadence exactly 1 foot off to the side of my right leg....when we return he walks to his box and sits so I can remove his Collar and then we both walk to the tub so he can rinse his dirty feet.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

9kg cat?!!! sorry, had to do the conversion, i don't get imperial/american weights, but I can imagine things in kg, that's just over a third of a bag of cement lol, big cat.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

What breed of cat, Siberian? My one Siberian has really strong Russian genes. He rips apart the vets. They are all scared of him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join