It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Steals 600 Dollars from Girl Scouts Selling Cookies Outside Seattle Grocery Store

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
"drug-addicted criminal urban-campers"

Hey, those are the future of this country. As you said, they have the blessing of everyone all the way up the chain, cuz votes.

The police have their hands tied and can't actually run these low lifes out because they are just pawns in some poor political BS.

Sad about the girls, it should be a wake up call to their families. Personally, if i had children, i'd view it as border line abuse to live in a large urban area, especially one of the top # holes like many on the coasts.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Gibs me dat

What a surprise

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I know the pic is grainy, but something seems off to me. It looks like someone has ‘black face’. The coloring seems off.

That would make Mark Herring a suspect .

Someone needs to check his travel logs . Lol

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

He Deserves to be Deballed for that . Whatever Happened to Justice is this Now God Damned Country ? People Wanna Know what the Hell Went Wrong in the Last 20 Years ............. !

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
A drug dealer bought $520 worth of girl scout cookies recently right before he was raided by the DEA and they said it wasn't connected.

A drug addict steals $600 worth of girl scout cookie money recently and it's also in the news.

That's a net loss of $80 but it sounds like girl scouts selling cookies are where it's at if you want a story about you.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
From a parent of the children who were robbed (to give more insight into what actually happened):

Sunday evening my 11 year old daughter, myself, another mom with her two daughters were selling Girl Scout cookies in front if the QFC on Northgate Way and Roosevelt. There was a creepy guy who kept coming up and talking to us. Buying cookies and then asking for his money back, asking a lot of questions...just acting shady. Ten minutes before we were set to close up he ran over and grabbed all the money; over $600 the kids had earned, sitting in the cold, selling cookies to support their troop. No one was hurt, thank God, just really shaken up. I hate that the girls had to experience that. QFC staff were wonderful, police were called and a report filed. Hopefully there was footage of the guy captured when he was waiting in the store. I don't like to think of the level of desperation it takes to steal from sweet, freezing Girl Scouts but I hope it was worth it. Actually, that's not true; I hope he's identified and apprehended. I guess the girls have earned their much-coveted "Urban Crime" badges.

I agree that the money isn't really at issue, this is pretty scary for children to experience. We live in a different world than I grew up in during the 70's, and I'm not so sure putting children in these types of situations where they might be targeted is a great idea. Seattle is no longer a "safe" city, despite it being a "Sanctuary City". All metropolitan areas have crime, and of course that crime will increase as the population grows, but the drug/homelessness problem here seems to have propelled these types of crimes to an all time high. I can't leave anything outside, and don't like to have packages delivered to my residence. I've had my dirty boots stolen from next to the front door!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

There was lots of crying afterward and each girl got treated by her parents, so they got the equivalent of a settlement in court paid up immediately. Except, the criminal wasn't caught and didn't pay. But, in the end, they all had a good learning experience that'll change them slightly for the better or make them more mature plus a great story to tell their friends throughout their school years.

I think they gained more from it than they lost from one scary encounter. But, it's not something anyone wishes to experience, including myself. I've been robbed at gunpoint for a mere $20 and also had a kid "show me and my friend" a gun behind the supermarket where we were sitting when he rode by on his bike. Stopped and showed it to us but the feel of it was more like he could've shot me for fun and never been caught.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in Greenville, South Carolina:

www.usatoday.com... 54002/

GREENVILLE, S.C. —A kind stranger cleaned out a Girl Scout troop's cookie supply late last week so the girls could get out of the cold weather and go home, according to a social media post from Kayla Dillard, the cookie sales manager for Troop 1574. Dillard shared a photo of the man and two members of the troop posing next to their cookie sales table outside of a Bi-Lo grocery store Friday in Mauldin, South Carolina. The photo was accompanied by a post saying he first bought seven boxes of cookies with $40 and told the girls to keep the change before returning to spend $540 on the remaining boxes of cookies. The man told the girls to "pack up all of your cookies. I'm taking them all so y'all can get out of this cold," Dillard wrote in her post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join