It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Steals 600 Dollars from Girl Scouts Selling Cookies Outside Seattle Grocery Store

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It's that time of year, Girl Scout COOKIES! I don't buy them, but I know many people do. These girls and their parents spend a lot of time with this fund-raising activity. What kind of low-life scumbag window-licking turd steals from little girls? This happened just a few blocks away from where I live, and the nearby neighborhoods have been overrun with drug-addicted criminal urban-campers. The local government has done little to help with the issue, in fact, a large number of people blame the city-council, mayor, and governor (running for prez) for the growing problem.

We should lower the age for gun permits and allow Girl Scouts to carry automatic pistols and/or bazookas for these types of situations. It might also be a good idea to allow the girls to store their earnings in the grocery store safe if it gets over a certain amount.

SOURCE ARTICLE

Seattle police are asking for the public's help to find a man suspected of stealing more than $600 from Girl Scouts, who were selling cookies outside of a grocery store in Seattle on Sunday, according to the Seattle Police Department. The incident happened just before 8 p.m. Sunday outside a grocery store in the 11100 block of Roosevelt Way Northeast. A man reportedly ran up to the girls, grabbed their money bin and ran away toward Northgate Way, police said. Police are hoping that someone recognizes the man pictured in surveillance footage.

edit on 352019 by seattlerat because: formatting

edit on 352019 by seattlerat because: punctuation missing in title

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

I've sold many a' girl scout cookie in my day. I'll let you in on a little secret, what this guy did is small potatoes compared to the thousands and tens of thousands of dollars that have been stolen by girl scout moms & leaders.

Also, if we really want to teach girls about entrepreneurship, they should get the profits. Girls scouts are basically
pimping the girls out for cookie money. It didn't start that way, but I really believe that is how it is now. Too much money now and greed took over.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I heard this story on the local news last night, and sadly I don't think the guy will get picked up. Even if the Seattle PD did see and stop him, he is a POC and Homeless, so it will be hands off for the PD. On top of this the adult that was there should have had the cash box off the main table and kept nearer to her.

I hate the these girls had to learn a life lesson like this, but hopeful it is still a lesson learned. As for the guy, maybe he'll overdose with the drugs he probably got with his loot.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Death penalty offense imho...

Serious. If you are so empty of any kind of feelings that you'd actually steal girl scout cookie money, then you just need to be drug out back and double tapped. Completely souless individual.

This is up there with robbing elderly, burglarizing churches, etc. A small crime in the scheme of things, but just shows complete lack of feeling and empathy.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Damn 600.00 bucks... Think I might get me 600 too and some cookies...win win

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

More like the Girl Scout's took $600 from uneasy pedestrians using psychological manipulation .

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Death penalty offense imho...

Serious. If you are so empty of any kind of feelings that you'd actually steal girl scout cookie money, then you just need to be drug out back and double tapped. Completely souless individual.

This is up there with robbing elderly, burglarizing churches, etc. A small crime in the scheme of things, but just shows complete lack of feeling and empathy.

It happens so much, but they keep it quiet.
Moms sell the cookies and snort the profits etc. They have now put some things in place to help stop it but it
still happens on a smaller level.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
just my opinion : BUT

" girl scout cookie sellers " should NOT have $600 USD " on hand "

they should have a " folat " - to handle a senible number of sales - who offer $ 5 , 10 , 20 note - and are able to give change

the " profit " SHOULD be collected by adults regularly

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I know the pic is grainy, but something seems off to me. It looks like someone has ‘black face’. The coloring seems off.

If a white dude did do black face to pull off this crime — he will be difficult to catch.

Smart thief if he did. But still an asshole.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I still don't understand ... We live in a day of high-speed information transfer and the cheap availability of high-quality computer peripherals. Why do we see photos like this one with the resolution of an early 1990s webcam?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Must have needed it for a few gallons of milk. LoL

Sad bastard all the same, thieves simply have no ethics these days.

edit on 5-3-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

The Thief not surprisingly is African/American. If this was a white person who did this i am pretty sure CNN would be all over the news.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I know the pic is grainy, but something seems off to me. It looks like someone has ‘black face’. The coloring seems off.

If a white dude did do black face to pull off this crime — he will be difficult to catch.

Smart thief if he did. But still an asshole.

Doubtful. This had to have been a crime of opportunity; dude saw some kids selling cookies and the monkey on his back told him to get their money. I doubt he was the kind of mastermind that'd take time to plan the heist, you know.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It takes a real Piece of snip to steal from little girls.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Man Steals 600 Dollars from Girl Scouts Selling Cookies Outside Seattle Grocery Store

He then used all the money to buy four boxes of thin mints and two boxes of samoas from little girl of his neighbor.

the GScouts were made whole, so it's a victimless crime.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Um yeah, I seriously doubt it... If someone went to that much effort, then I'm sure they'd set their sites a little higher than doing a grab & run on some girl scouts for a measly few hundred dollars... lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Girl Scouts are rich, so this is transfer of wealth from the rich to the poor.... Same theory just a little different method...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Um yeah, I seriously doubt it... If someone went to that much effort, then I'm sure they'd set their sites a little higher than doing a grab & run on some girl scouts for a measly few hundred dollars... lol.

Who says this was the only robbery he was planning that day?

But I do agree with you. Spontaneous grab and run, most likely. My original comment was just an observation.

However, If the dude turns out to not be black — I shall be vindicated! 😜
edit on 5-3-2019 by KKLOCO because: Sp

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

What a horror to do to little girls.

baking them into cookies.

Next thing they will be using babies to make powder.

What is the world coming to.

edit on 5/3/2019 by chr0naut because: Augustus, stop it with the Uncle Fester grin!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk

The Thief not surprisingly is African/American. If this was a white person who did this i am pretty sure CNN would be all over the news.

Last year it was a blonde girl from the midwest if i remember right.

No child should be in charge of that much money in public. (without a bazooka)
edit on 5-3-2019 by UncleTomahawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join