It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fountain of youth pill could be on the horizon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sadly, I don't this will ever be made widely available.

A fountain of youth pill could be on the horizon after scientists more than DOUBLED the lifespan of the humble earthworm.

What’s more the creepy crawly’s offspring were also healthier – offering hope that longevity would increase “down the generations.”

The British team’s breakthrough involves switching off an ‘ageing’ gene known as DAF-2.

By reducing its expression the roundworm Caenorhabditis elegans lived over twice as long as normal.

This would be like us living up to 200 years.

www.thelondoneconomic.com...

This is never going to happen because the Global Warming crowd will never let it happen. They already think people live too long and there's too many people on the planet. Imagine if everyone's average lifespan jumped to 200 years of age.

You can bet that it will be used by people the Governments of the world deem important. So if you're not Stephen Hawking, Jeff Bezos or a corrupt Politician, don't expect a pill like this ever. They might have lotteries for poor people and instead of money you can win a Longevity Pill.

edit on 5-3-2019 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I can only see this being popular if the pill also keeps you young, can you imagine aging at the same rate but for an extra 100 years. You’d look like the crypt keeper.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

And make 8, 9, 10 BILLION people live forever? Unlikely.

However, if you could make 500m live forever...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I guess its time to invest in real estate and housing.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why would I want to stay in prison for twice as long.... I’m almost lookin forward to getting off this # hole 😐

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Awesome! Let’s keep trashing the place and see if we can really live to see the place burn down!!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

ironically, a couple of posts down from this one is, HIV was regulated down to zero. You would think the global warming crowd would be against things like AIDS research. fast acting, lowers breading of humans if allowed to be unmedicated

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure humans need this. At least not a 200 year old version.

However, I would love if a dog version was create. To get double the time with a pet would make this worth while.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

"Fountain of youth pill" sounds like the name of the next dodgy batch of Ecstasy tablets. LoL

Take more than pills to prolong longevity, lifestyle and a meaningful existence will also be required.

Can a pill provide those for the better part of humanity?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Well that could make up for some lost time.

daf-2 deactivate.....check

even steven

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Being healthy at an expanded age would be important. I wonder what would happen to the brain? Would people become senile or go insane?

Just because you have a longer lifespan won't make you live longer necessarily, you could die from any number of illnesses or accidents, you may even want to die after living long enough. You'd have to have something to live for after everyone you know dies before you do.

With as much changes I've seen at my current age, I may not want to see what happens next. I'm pretty disturbed by the direction most things are taking. I'll likely die thinking I don't want to see what culture continues to degenerate into after living a normal life span. I've been trying to ignore it as much as possibly lately, I'd likely become a complete hermit if I lived past 100 years old. It doesn't seem like I'd be too happy living an unnaturally long life span.
edit on 5-3-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'll take a case.

Who doesn't want to live a long and healthy life?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I have always thought Death was nothing but a disease that needs to be cured but not until we can leave this planet and inhabit others , It wouldn't be immortality because eventually you will get hit by a bus . 60 or so years is not very long to live and be coherent as Humans . Just think of what some of the great minds would accomplish if they had more time .

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I wonder what would happen to the brain? Would people become senile or go insane?

Nothing.

That's why we sleep and dream.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The longer you live the more you see the stupid things that are happening in society that the young think is a good idea. They lack experience and tend not to look at history to see their idea has already failed already because of Human nature.

No thank you, I am loosing my patients with people already, I would rather get old and wise than be middle aged and believing in half the crap society has been spewing.

So if life expectancy goes up to two hundred years for the ones willing to pay the price, then they will say everyone has that option and they cannot retire till they are a hundred eighty years old. So nobody will get social security or be able to collect a pension. Work work work.

On top of that, I have gone over multiple things that could increase a person's lifespan, I have analyzed if they would work. I actually found most of these kind of life extension chemistries on my own, then found that they had tried them and failed. Some are being researched now, I deemed those as not practical when I researched them, they lead to disease risk which will kill you. They want money to do research and will ignore some side effects of altering our metabolism to get funding for research. That is the way this stuff works. We already have genetics that can make us live hundreds of years but we constantly consume foods that causes it not to work right. Somewhere there is information that may help correct these metabolic problems with diet, somewhere in history it is there. Our life expectancy has not really increased over the years, they just want us to believe it has. Lots of people lived a long life before, but history has been rearranged to make us believe modern medicine is raising our life expectancy. They can do all kinds of things with tables and graphs and deception to make us believe in something that is not true.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Being healthy at an expanded age would be important. I wonder what would happen to the brain? Would people become senile or go insane?

Just because you have a longer lifespan won't make you live longer necessarily, you could die from any number of illnesses or accidents, you may even want to die after living long enough. You'd have to have something to live for after everyone you know dies before you do.

With as much changes I've seen at my current age, I may not want to see what happens next. I'm pretty disturbed by the direction most things are taking. I'll likely die thinking I don't want to see what culture continues to degenerate into after living a normal life span. I've been trying to ignore it as much as possibly lately, I'd likely become a complete hermit if I lived past 100 years old. It doesn't seem like I'd be too happy living an unnaturally long life span.

I can see why old people die, they give up and try to forget things just so they don't get frustrated with the young making their stupid mistakes. I made my share when I was young, I was human. Now I am a mouse so I do not have to make stupid human mistakes anymore.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I wonder if this is a gov. ploy to raise the retirement age to 165?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I also have researched and found most things just give you months and go back to being healthy in the 1st place . However I did come across some information from Sumeria that is truly interesting and will look into it in depth once my move is complete and can set up a proper lab .

edit on 3/5/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Well looking at your pic...

.. it seems snake oil is the answer after all...

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776
I can only see this being popular if the pill also keeps you young, can you imagine aging at the same rate but for an extra 100 years. You’d look like the crypt keeper.

What could be interesting is the more you age, the more healthy you may become because the way you age may slow down.

So you take the pill at 40 and by the time you're 150 you have the body and health of a 60 year old. So slowing down aging may have an effect of stretching out your health so 190 is just the new 90.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join