It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.I.V. Is Reported Cured in a Second Patient, a Milestone in the Global AIDS Epidemic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Also, look into how the pharmaceutical sector has been panning out... The major players are acting like hedge funds.

I hope I'm wrong on this one.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That has nothing to do with researchers and everything to do with certain companies. No question that this type of price gouging is insane. I do not defend corrupt profiteers. I believe in business ethics and so do most pharmaceutical companies.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The major players are acting like hedge funds.

I hope I'm wrong on this one.

That's because the major players are owned by hedge funds. You are definitely not wrong on that view.
edit on 5 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I'm not saying anyone would keep it buried forever, but obviously companies who profit from full spectrum like treatment more than cures.

Im just saying they may slow its release. Cures aren't as profitable.

Maybe the buy up and conglomeration of the pharmaceutical sector ends up like that of the media sector.

Turning a public service into a cash cow. Narrow minded and focused on stock holders.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Cures aren't as profitable.

I wholly disagree here. Cures are HUGELY profitable.

Cancer will not go away just because we'll be able to cure it. There are many different forms of cancer as well and one form can't necessarily be attacked the same as another.

Here they are talking about a cure for HIV on the NY Times, but you want to convince me that other cures for things like cancer will simply be "delayed" or swept under the rug because...No one will pay for it? Really? This IS conspiratorial thinking.

Taking one example of corruption and applying it to a VAST industry is not very logical thinking and can lead to one drawing erroneous conclusions.

To date, the most promising bit of cancer research I have seen is this:

Cancer 'vaccine' eliminates tumors in mice, researchers find

Since then this research has move on to human trials.

blog.onco.com...

All of this has been out in the open.

edit on 5 3 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Here they are talking about a cure for HIV on the NY Times, but you want to convince me that other cures for things like cancer will simply be "delayed" or swept under the rug because...No one will pay for it? Really? This IS conspiratorial thinking.

Is it conspiratorial thinking? I offered the possibility, I didn't say it's a probability.

Either way, see it as conflating if you wish.... But I know part of you humors that it the interest of the sector lies within stock holders, maybe curing diseases isn't a streamlined process.

We'll have all the cures one day, it's more of a sooner or later presumption I have.

You're welcome to your opinion the market will decide for the interest of consumers. I don't buy into that on this subject though.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I think the science will work in the interest of people. We're seeing it play out right here and I provided additional examples of promising research happening right now that could very well cure cancer. I have no illusions about how some corporations function and don't trust them either. But I DO have data available in abundance to make up my own mind and to relay to others for further consideration. Because of that power, knowledge like this can't just be suppressed.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

But I DO have data available in abundance to make up my own mind and to relay to others for further consideration. Because of that power, knowledge like this can't just be suppressed.

There are plenty of promising areas in health.

The top three causes of unnatural deaths are health related.

Heart disease is preventable, one of the most promising treatments is synthetic blood. Hypothetically, synthetic blood could be so efficient a heart attack wouldn't happen. Red blood cells are inefficient, they carry oxygen in the surface area. Synthetic blood could be a game changer.

Cancer is a mutation, our immune system doesn't fight it. You can take our cancer cells, put it in an animal body and they'll make T cells to fight it. Extract those and inject that into the origin body and bam, sometimes it works.

Tweak a virus to attack cancer, boom, it works sometimes.

3D print DNA, replace organs, create organisms with intent.

My question isn't if, or how, it when.

edit on 5-3-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Maybe it's different for regions or languages. Homeopathic here means using a natural approach to remedy an ailment.

Are you sure the word you meant to use wasn't naturopathic? Because that's the definition naturopathic medicine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join