It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosives found across London

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

One here www.bbc.co.uk... but Torygraph have the best coverage of such events in general given its extensive SIS links, they mention an additional package has been found in an RBS in Edinburgh. www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

yeah but right now the most likely culprit seems to be Irish republican's.

I mean its possible that the far-right terrorists were also just in Dublin for a few days, or the eco-terrorists spent a few days in cork, ohhh how about the techno-Terrorists of Letterkenny, see how that works....

As far as I know, the English don't have any problems with the Irish. I don't think the IRA have had any problems with the British since the 80's, early 90's! They may still hold grudges against the British Government however, so if something were to go off at a Governement building, I wouldn't be siurprised. I just don' t think the new IRA would target innocent civilians like the Radical muslims do. Then again, these being parcel bombs doesn't say 'radical muslims'.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

As far as I know, the English don't have any problems with the Irish.

The UK, not the English and yes we do, multiple attacks by dissident groups, most of the attacks take place in Northern Ireland but attacks on mainland uk are not unheard of.

I just don' t think the new IRA would target innocent civilians like the Radical muslims do.

The IRA did attack innocent civilians, they endanger innocent civilians with every attack, these attacks seemed to be against postal area's and the packages really only caught fire so it seems like they were more designed to start fires in those locations rather than mass casualties.

If these attacks were coming from islamic Extremists then I think they would have been much more spectacular in nature, they wouldn't have attacked postal areas with devices that just seem to start small fires it would have been much more grander.

Again right now, the most likely culprit seems to be Irish republicans, now thats not to say its not some attack by Islamic extremists but I don't see anything so far that suggests that it was them.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Thanks for that will be interesting to see what comes out of that.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

A package has just been found at a Glasgow University... I doubt very much it's IRA as no reason to attack a University! Also doubt it's extreme radical muslims.

My guess is it's now a lone disgruntled member of the public or a small group of people angry or upset about a few things in general.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

A package has just been found at a Glasgow University... I doubt very much it's IRA as no reason to attack a University! Also doubt it's extreme radical muslims.

My guess is it's now a lone disgruntled member of the public or a small group of people angry or upset about a few things in general.

I think one of the letters seems to have been sent to the Universities OTC, which would be a target for dissident republican groups. I do agree though this does seem to make it look more like a lone wolf type of thing, some men just want to watch the world burn and all that. Still no word though on what exactly has gone down in Glasgow if it's connected.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Perhaps it's a prime minister desperate to distract from her epic incompetence?

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Perhaps it's a prime minister desperate to distract from her epic incompetence?

Just a thought.

It will take more than a few self combusting envelopes to do that.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Any update?
Not much in the news here about this.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Not only is sectarianism still prevalent in both Northern Ireland and in parts of Scotland but there are many NI catholics who really do still hate the English as well as protestant Scots.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: teapot

Not only is sectarianism still prevalent in both Northern Ireland and in parts of Scotland but there are many NI catholics who really do still hate the English as well as protestant Scots.

ok.... fair enough.

I got no beef with either
edit on CSTWed, 06 Mar 2019 17:53:55 -06000000003105x055x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Someone out there spreading more “peace” I guess.

Seems like they are having the same problems with the Amish as everyone else.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Thank god no-one was hurt, I feel so much safer knowing May's Government can juggle Brexit and Terrorism at the same time. Another false fl...eh... attack, and I foresee martial law being implemented.

Please, Theresa, Get the bloody troops on the street now before it's too late and we're all killed by those pesky terrorist types whilst queuing for our spam and powdered egg rations.

edit on 7-3-2019 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Any update?
Not much in the news here about this.

It's only minor news in the UK - there's still a policy of denying IRA the 'oxygen of publicity' when these events occur. www.telegraph.co.uk...

There was a device found at Glasgow Uni, suspected one in Edinburgh was a false alarm. Police confirmed last night that they think Real IRA are behind the devices.

The police must have some intel as the New IRA use letterbombs with the same wiring, similar targets and have been very active in recent months, yet police think Real IRA are behind it.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Wow, is there any truth to that report, do you know when was the last time the IRA were actively bombing in the UK?

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Police have confirmed the lead. Last UK mainland attacks by New IRA were via letterbomb in 2014. They've done several carbombs in Northern Ireland though up to and including this year, 74 petrol bombs were used in one night on an attack in Derry not too long ago which was one of the biggest in recent years. www.reuters.com... www.independent.co.uk...

edit on 7-3-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit: There's a woman in hospital in Ireland after a pipebombing this morning. www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 7-3-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Yeah right, no longer living in the UK I'm somewhat out of the loop with this news, I honestly thought ira bombing were a thing of the past... Cheers for the info

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Thank god no-one was hurt, I feel so much safer knowing May's Government can juggle Brexit and Terrorism at the same time. Another false fl...eh... attack, and I foresee martial law being implemented.

Please, Theresa, Get the bloody troops on the street now before it's too late and we're all killed by those pesky terrorist types whilst queuing for our spam and powdered egg rations.

A bit of a hysterical reaction to a few half-arsed devices that cannot even really be described as "bombs", surely?

You foresee "martial law" - over this? False flag? Get a sense of perspective, man.

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Thank you

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I don't think the IRA have had any problems with the British since the 80's, early 90's!

I must have imagined the bomb going off on a bus in the Aldwych in 96. The Bishopsgate Bombing in 93. The Docklands bomb of 96. The Warrington bombing in 93. The Manchester bombing in 96.

All civilian targets.

All ended with the Good Friday Agreement.

All at risk again now.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join