It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosives found across London

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
So this is still kind of breaking but apparently counter-terrorism police have found bombs near Waterloo Station, at Heathrow and London city Airports today in what looks like a attempted terrorist attacks.

Counter-terror police have said three suspicious packages found near transport hubs across London earlier today were "small improvised explosive devices".

Officers were called to Waterloo Station, London City Airport and a building near to Heathrow Airport in separate incidents within hours of each other earlier today.

The Met Police has now confirmed its counter-terrorism command is investigating.

Link

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Someone out there spreading more “peace” I guess.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Instantly suspicious, and not because of supposed terrorists, will wait and see on who they try to pin the blame

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The locations seem right for those groups. They knew where to look for the bombs evidently so they must have an idea who is behind it. I would guess some Muslim terror group is involved, they do have a lot of Muslims that have been coming in and it is hard to identify if these immigrants are radical, they are trained to deceive people.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I'm glad no one was hurt.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Smells like the government to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
All those ISIS sympathizers are coming home now. And apparently they're bringing their toys with them.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'm glad no one was hurt.

I agree!
Great job by the leos involved that prevented injuries and damages!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
they have released pictures of what look like letter bombs, either that or just very small packages.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Instantly suspicious, and not because of supposed terrorists, will wait and see on who they try to pin the blame

Was for sure Tommy Robinson

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
These stories intrigue me. We hear now and again how counter terrorist police and foiled numerous of possible terror attacks throughout the year but hardly anything about it on the news. So why is it only certain stories make the news. So it intrigues me how all of a sudden three IEDs were amazingly discovered. It maybe all be genuine and maybe someone could of reported suspicious packages but these stories always make me unsure of how true they are.

On a side note, I was watching a live stream on YouTube a few weeks back that was covering the French yellow vest movements. Someone suddenly commented how there will be a possible terror attack in the UK before the Brexit deadline which would a) somehow delay the Brexit decision or b) sway the publics opinion for a people's vote or second referendum to stay in the EU.

I wonder if these discoveries may be a start to a possible attack, this story will give the opportunity to say 'hey look there's a terrorist cell out there planting bombs we need to be vigilant' as say in a week or two a attack did occure wouldn't come so much of a surprise.

Who knows

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Well done guys, don't need crap like that anywhere in the nation.

Lock the bastards responsible up for a very long time!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think its too early to say who is to blame.

I think if it was an Islamic extremist they would have used devices devices and the target doesn't make much sense for a far-right or republican group. Who knows could be eco-terrorists, I don't know, its a tough on to call. Usually after these kind of incidents you can make a bit of a guess but I don't really know with this attempted attack.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Interesting point av just seen regarding the stamps.

The stamps are from the Republic of Ireland which could potentially indicate a Irish republican attack, not exactly proof but if we're wanting to have a discussion about possible groups responsible this seems like the only thing so far thats a indicator.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Was for sure Tommy Robinson

Not sure he has enough intelligence for that mate

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Wow quick to release photos of the suspect packages. Hmm Irish stamps .. Brexit causing possible hard Irish boarder ... this smells like a set up
edit on 5-3-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePeaceMaker

Are these "brexit bombs"?

That deadline is less than a month away?

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

It's probably The New IRA. This is their kind of thing.

They had a letter bomb campaign in London in 2014. Also they have been active in NI a few weeks ago with a car bomb outside a Court House.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody
Well if there's a no deal which is still possible a hard boarder between Northern Ireland and Ireland could be possible. I don't see anyone being happy with this. And in one of my comments above I said I saw someone say on YouTube live stream that there might be a terror attack right before Brexit to prevent Brexit actually happening. Maybe this was just a warm up

All speculation though I don't know enough about politics or Brexit to make a serious comment
edit on 5-3-2019 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

It's probably The New IRA. This is their kind of thing.

They had a letter bomb campaign in London in 2014. Also they have been active in NI a few weeks ago with a car bomb outside a Court House.

Yeah that's what am thinking, to be fair though the stamps themselves dong mean that it was definitely the IRA but it does seem the most likely so far.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join