It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hoover files?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Does anybody have information relating to the missing files from the collection of J Edgar Hoover. I have heard much speculation upon the subject of these files and the potential power that anyone in their possession would have in terms of eing able to blackmail and coerce various prominent US individuals and institutions. Are these missing files a myth? Could their current owners be using them to push an agenda upon the unwitting mass of US society? I have heard that these files contained information collected by the FBI on individuals as diverse as Howard Hughes and John Lennon.
Could the use of the information, alongside other methods, be used to impose a distasteful government upon a generally decent American people? Is the extent of the power in the hands of those who possess these files, if they exist, known and understood by anyone?

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just for the record... I really think your Avatar is sick. It totally minimizes the 6 million killed in concentration camps, the 20 million killed in Russia, and the hundreds of thousands of allied casualties. Hitler was a madman. To compare him to our President in any way is just sickening, whether you're a Bush supporter or not. I really think you should take a trip to Aushwitz and then re-think your avatar.

Now let's see what kind of lame, liberal response I get justifying the thing. Before anyone does, I just want you to put aside whatever political persuasions you may have, and think about the men, women and children... the MILLIONS... who suffered under this "man."

Just my humble opinion, thats all... Which our President still hasn't taken away from us. And still hasn't burned our books or made anti-semetic laws or even comments. Forgive me if I don't see the legitimate comparison, even between a Nazi salute and a WAVE.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Could the use of the information, alongside other methods, be used to impose a distasteful government upon a generally decent American people?

Ummm....don't we already have a distasteful government imposed upon us?

And as far as the Avatar.....to the gentleman who posted his disgust. It's called freedom of speech. It's in the Constitution. I think he's just comparing Bush to Hitler in a joking and mocking manner. I don't believe he thinks Bush is as bad as Hitler. I think Bush is a scum bag, a liar, a lousy president, has hidden agendas to line his pockets, etc......so I am no admirer of the man. I think the Avatar is funny. I think you shouldn't take it so seriously.

Look at your Avatar of Rasputin. We could come up with a lot of negativity about that...but who wants to bother??

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Zabilgy]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
haha yeah dude...rasputin was sick douche who particapated in orgies and black magic rituals, your avatar offends me....give me a #ing break.....

to get back on topic....the subject of missing FBI files is very intriuging....i'm sure if anyone had the power to black mail people, it was Hoover...he attempted to do it to Martin Luther King but failed

[edit on 1-3-2005 by Ungoliath]

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
For the record, Hoover was queerer than a leather pinata and the missing files probaly have more to do with him and his lover. It was well known at the time and wasn't spoken of because at that time you just did not go around and talking about it because it was considered taboo. Most of Hoovers life revolved around getting as much dirt on as many people as he could. That was his True power and that led to his long tenure at the FBI.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am sure J. Edgar enjoyed kicking back with a scotch and a cigar and reading his files in a pair of garters.

seriously though I am sure someone snagged a few of them.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Just for the record... I really think your Avatar is sick. It totally minimizes the 6 million killed in concentration camps, the 20 million killed in Russia, and the hundreds of thousands of allied casualties. Hitler was a madman. To compare him to our President in any way is just sickening, whether you're a Bush supporter or not. I really think you should take a trip to Aushwitz and then re-think your avatar.

Now let's see what kind of lame, liberal response I get justifying the thing. Before anyone does, I just want you to put aside whatever political persuasions you may have, and think about the men, women and children... the MILLIONS... who suffered under this "man."

Just my humble opinion, thats all... Which our President still hasn't taken away from us. And still hasn't burned our books or made anti-semetic laws or even comments. Forgive me if I don't see the legitimate comparison, even between a Nazi salute and a WAVE.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

If you dont like it dont look. Bush is a scumbag who starts wars to line his little pocketses precious. Just like so many good little Nazis who took full advantage of the suffering of the Jews and not to mention the rest of Europe who were robbed blind but go largely forgotten. Those who faced the Gestapo and SS in occupied europe didnt get a special camp most of the time. Just a grave they dug for themselves in a forest somewherand a bullet in the back of the skull.
If Bush continiues unstopped many of us may get to see a place like Auschwitz but not from a tourists perspective if you know what I mean.
So you dont like my avatar? I am so hurt and upset that I think I might cry.

To the rest of you who have replied thanks for your creative responses. I am well aware of the fruity nature of Hoovers personal life. It seems that a man who lived such a lifestyle in such a conservative period could see himself as a sort of moral dictator. Bizarre but then meglomania often is I suppose?

top topics

join