It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noisy Neighbors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well, there's always the old standby...

Start blasting holes in the ceiling with a 12 ga. and yelling ..."DANCE, SUCKAH'S...DANCE!!"

Pretty much 100% effective...they'll stop makin' noise sooner or later!

JUST kidding!

Seriously though, I feel your pain. Had a similar upstairs neighbor like that once too. Wife and I called her "Stomper". Loudest human being on the planet (and she was just a little thing too). Looking at her, it was hard to believe she could make that much noise! And, slamming doors and cabinets...OH MAN!!

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They also seem to be scrubbing down something with a tin washboard every night too (before you ask, there is a washer and dryer in unit.)

edit on 5-3-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

The fan idea isn't actually all that bad of an idea.

I don't really have an issue with obnoxiously loud neighbours. But I do night shift (so sleep during the day) and my apartment complex is right next to a busy train station, like really close... I could literally throw a rock from my balcony and hit someone standing on the platform.

If I don't have that fan going, it's an absolute nightmare! Not only can I hear every single thing my neighbours are doing... But then there's the relentless groups of hyped up school kids screaming & carrying on... and drug addicts having full blown dometics in the middle of the street about who smoked the last bong, or whatever. Then you got the traffic, trains and boom gates to deal with... Its non stop!

But with that fan going, it just muffles out all that noise and I generally sleep peacefully and undisturbed though the entire day.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You have my sympathy bud i lived under neighbours from hell [ smackheads ] who never seemed to sleep for more than 2 hours a day , went to sleep at 5.30 am just when i had to get up for work after a few years a a few run ins i gave up and moved and never regretted it on the first morning in my new house i awoke to hear the birds chirping and felt like i won the lottery and was shocked that i stayed so long in that flat from hell .

They did not have carpets down and had a rottweiler they used to have running al over the flat at all hours and regularly had 15-20 people in their house as they sold the crap they were on even me taking a week of my work and starting hoovering when they went to bed and playing the radio never fazed them . When you are at work play i know a song that will get on your nerves on a loop get 1 timer switch for it

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I used to work nights and sleep in the day. I never had issues even with all the normal daytime noise. I am also a heavy sleeper.

It really takes a lot to jar me awake in the middle of my narcosis.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You should type up a fake eviction notice and put it on the door.

...and if you can, post a vid here

That would be epic

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
see if they have any bluetooth speakers you can connect to with a random device and when they start blasting stuff thats when you strike and start playing random but creepy noises ,nails on chalkboard ,muted voices saying let me out of the walls,random cat meows or other various animal sounds that will at least confuse them . children laughing is a nice touch at like 4 am or the ever popular baby crying first thing in the morning . evil and probally wont work for more then a day or two if they have any kind of wireless security lol but possibly good for a chuckle or two

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Maybe the apt is actually vacant ...

and you are dealing with poltergeists or mental illness??

Apologies, but this is ATS.

posted on Mar, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: CriticalStinker

This isn't cats. This is crackheads.

This is actual stomping around and cabinets and doors banging 24/7

Could be really large overfed cats that have too much access to catnip.

I'm just exploring all the possibilities here.

I hope you're right. Pets aren't allowed here.

Be thankful it's just cabinet doors and stomping. We had a friend move into a place that had seemingly paper walls.

His neighbors fought at all hours, and if they weren't fighting, they were, erm, making up ... very vigorously and vocally.

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Liquid ass

liquidass.com...

Use it wisely. Don't ever squirt it through a key hole or do a reach around on the balcony ... ever !

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I would just play some music or something I enjoy at a level just loud enough to cover the noise the neighbours make without it effecting other people

In my room in summer I have a fan on and it drowns out all the noise of the street, it’s not obtrusive

Loud music will help him get to sleep in no time
Duh why didnt he think of that before? When a loud noise keeps waking you in the night, you just cancel it out with a louder noise. Its just science. If people would pay attention they would know this sh#... Zombies, every last one of em!

Here's what you need for a good night's rest:

But just imagine it with a bed instead of a chair.
edit on 3/6/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
It's going to require direct, face-to-face, verbal, (yes, that means social) interaction. With another person.

Preferably a person who lives in the unit above you.

But technically you could have a verbal interaction with someone who does not live in the unit above you if you planned to ask this person to talk to them for you...

Or hypothetically, you could ask them to find somebody to do the talking... Further removing you from the uncomfortable confrontational conversation by yet another degree of separation.

If the upstairs neighbors come to you, just be like "Hey I have no idea who those people were... in fact I LIKE the noise you make. Its therapeutic for me. Like sleeping in mothers womb at night. But, apparently some other people are not too happy... And I really wouldnt mess with them if I were you. They seem a little... off, if you catch my drift... Yep, I wouldn't put it past them to be the type who would pay a group of (whatever scares them...cops, gang bangers, drug addicts, skinheads or just angry bald dudes who can tell amymore?) a bunch of money to make your life a living Hell if you don't stop making so much noise between, say, 10pm and 8am... In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they've already made arrangements. It would suck to wake up in the morning with your tires popped or windows broken, and since you haven't lived here as long as I have, you probably havent had a chance to install hidden cameras to watch your vehicle like I have... Man I'd be really careful, you're in a very vulnerable situation here and you seem to have made some ruthless enemies already. I'll help you keep an eye out in case anyone comes back. We will work together like a team to deal with this threat, that's what neighbors are for, right? In fact, my sister is married to a cop, maybe I should have him and his partner come by to do a quick search of your residence with a canine...you know, just in case that wise guy planted any bugs or drugs or maybe he could even be hiding in there somewhere. Of course, if you would rather just, be quiet so this deranged maniac leaves you and your family alone, then I guess there would be no need to involve the police... The way my brother in law is, once he makes your safety his responsibility, he will always keep coming back to check on you, so, I dont want to bother him if I dont Have to, but... you know what? This is your decision, man, I don't even know why I'm interfering. Just let me know if you need any help, how bout that? If you need me to call the cops immediately, just continue to make noise as you have been, and that will be my signal to let me know you have decided Not to give in to the mystery mans demands and need some backup asap. Capiche?
edit on 3/6/2019 by 3n19m470 because: I broke it down into as many paragraphs as I could! But theres a limit, dammit. You cant just go around breaking up paragraphs into more paragraphs any old time you like, ok? Sometimes a paragraph is a paragraph. A paragraph as in one single paragraph. That's what that is. That is a paragraph. You know what it would be if I continued to break it down like machine? It would have been vulgar of me, that's what it would be. Vulgar! And editorially dishonest, literarily dishonest, and academically dishonest, and dishonest from a scholarly point of view... You ask me to forsake my principles, you do not know what you ask of me... You think it's just no big deal...to desecrate my most pure expression! I scoff in your general directions!

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

You and your liquid ass, man. Every thread.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Every thread ?

Exaggerating much !

I'll send some to you ... let me know how it works.

😎

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

That stuff is VILE!!

I had some guys use that stuff playing a trick on me one time. ...in an office environment.

They thought it was hilarious...until I fired the guy who did it...then it wasn't so funny anymore.

That S# does not go away very easily either!

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Fired someone over a prank? Why didn't you just get even?

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I have been dealing with this for awhile in our neighborhood too. What do you do if it's a-holes that drive around the neighborhood for HOURS just revving their impossibly loud engine? Tried earplugs and headphones and both-- I need massive noise cancelling ear protectors but I don't think I can sleep in those. We are in an unincorporated county , I'm not sure what the police can do if they find them. When we've called in the past they seem to disappear into thin air since they are already on the move. I'm about to get violent!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join