It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sighting of huge oval object over Idaho and Washington on 2. august 2017

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: beeteeIf you seen the big Mothership and that close to the grown to notice the big shadow you was just was lucky cause the big humongous craft is completely silence and sometimes if not most of the time completely invisible too and that part of this phenomenal is where most of the people do not understand or believe it until you seen it with your eyes .

posted on Mar, 7 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: REETRDUFO
a reply to: beeteeIf you seen the big Mothership and that close to the grown to notice the big shadow you was just was lucky cause the big humongous craft is completely silence and sometimes if not most of the time completely invisible too and that part of this phenomenal is where most of the people do not understand or believe it until you seen it with your eyes .

You seem to have had a personal experience with this phenomenon - not this particular event, rather in general.

Are you able to elaborate? (Your second post in two years - welcome back!)

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: REETRDUFO

The way I though about it, and indeed the way I read at least some of the witnesses, this was suspected to be some kind of human technology the US was moving or perhaps testing. And it was everything but silent, even though it didn't quite sound like a normal overflight.

What is interesting to note is that a rigid body LTA with some sort of electric propulsion would be very silent. There have also been rumours about what can now be done with regards to stealth for years, including in the visible spectrum. Even if it is just clever adaptive countershading, which would occlude stars.

If you comb through the sightings databases of NUFORC and others, there are some sightings that point very firmly at a human origin.

Take, for instance, this gem, where a gentleman shoots at a triangle craft hovering silently, whereupon a hatch opens and an angry occupant yells at him in English:

I grabbed my Ruger 10-22 rifle loaded with a 100 round banana magazine and stared firing as fast as I could until the clif was empty. I was able to shoot out the light. While grabbing for a second clip, I saw a hatch open up on the bottom side of the object and two people leaned down to yell "STOP SHOOTING AS US YOU IDIOT". 

NUFORC report from 2000

There is also this where a chap is observing another silent triangle through a rifle scope and sees very mundane markings:

This machine was directly over me and I was alone in the middle of nowhere, therefore, I felt quite "uneasy." It made no threatening moves whatsoever, but I aimed my rifle at it and through the riflescope, which was set on 8.5 power, I could clearly see surface detail in explicit detail. The machine’s surface detail appeared to be covered with well-fitted tiles, much like the ceramic tiles used on the United States Space Shuttle. Then in the fading light, I noticed a distinct marking.

This marking was absolutely shocking, as I could actually read it! It was white print outlined in black on a red arrow pointing toward a rectangle of sorts. The arrow pointed at a something rectangular that I cannot define, but I clearly could read these three words, “EMERGENCY RELEASE and RESCUE.” In the same place were other words that appeared too fuzzy to read. I suspect that these words were “PULL FOR...” Instantly I realized that this was a military machine and no “flying saucer.” I felt much better as I knew that these were surface details that were intended to help rescue people access and then be able to remove the pilots on board in the event of a crash.

NUFORC report from 2005

Granted, these are small craft compared to the 2017 sighting, but they certainly show that the US might be doing some pretty novel stuff without telling its citizens, something that perhaps shouldn't surprise us.

While some reports might be of other things than human technology, I do believe a number of sightings are of secret USAF projects of some sort.
edit on 8-3-2019 by beetee because: Fixed link to second report and rephrased slightly

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
So, I am picking away at this, trying to find a few more nuggets of information that can help shed light on this mystery.

I am particularly trying to find an alleged news piece on the local news in the area around Lincoln, that were aired on, or right before, 2. august 2017, which had a statement that "people should not be frightened" about "foreign aircraft" flying overhead, and should rather "try to feel safe" or something similar. This, with hindsight, didn't work out so well, obviously. I guess there is nothing quite like an official source telling you to "not be alarmed" to make one a nervous wreck.

If anyone have any idea which TV station it would have been around Lincoln, maybe it is possible to find it. As I understand it, this was more of a read statement, in a half joking tone, that after the event made at least a one witness pretty angry.

While looking for this, I came across this video clip of C-130 pilots posing for the camera, and it's nice to have a potential face to go with the unknown C-130 track that flew the approximate route on the night in question, although as we has seen, it flies a little behind the reported ruckus.

So a lot of C-130 variants and nationalities definitely in the thick of it, although no real admittance of guilt in this video at least.

posted on Mar, 8 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
One last little nugget I just remembered, which I have made a thread about before in the Aircraft Forum is that Air Mobility Command has come up in some curious statements before.

The USAF Chief of Staff, General David Goldfein, made this rather spectacular comment:

“I actually don’t know if the next version of tanker operates in the air or operates at low earth orbit.. I don’t know if it’s manned or unmanned, and I actually don’t care that much as long as it brings the attributes we need to win... It might sound a little bit odd that the commander of Air Mobility Command is talking to Air Force Space Command about development of the next tanker, but it makes perfect sense to me."

The War Zone Article

So, who is talking to Space Command about a new tanker? In low earth orbit, no less.

The US Air Force brass is no stranger to thinking out of the box, and looking ahead into very exotic concepts, like this comment that Steve Trimble from Flightglobal got in an interview with USAF LtGen Veralinn Jamieson when he asked about a replacement for the ageing C-135U Combat Sent and RC-135 Rivet Joint aircraft. LtGen Jamieson is Deputy Chief of Staff for Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (A2) with the USAF. This is was in August of 2018.

Tweet from Steve Trimble who was, understandably, quite confused when the LtGen suddenly started talking about Space, and different galaxies, no less.

The chief of Air Mobility Command in 2018, General Charlton D. Everhart II, also looked at moving cargo from supply depots in space, in GEO orbit . Within a decade.

This says, of course, little about what might or might not have flown across two states in 2017, but it certainly shows that the USAF is not afraid of thinking out of the box, and indeed out of the atmosphere.

Even out of the Milky Way galaxy!

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
In addition to the Royal Air Force A400M there was also a French Air Force A400M taking part in the exercise.

You can see the French one in the background at 3:30 as the RAF one is taxiing past.

Confirmation that the A400M was involved in night flying with night vision equipment during Mobility Guardian 2017.

“For example, prior to the exercise only one of the pilots that we brought with us was night vision qualified but as a result of this exercise we’ve been able to qualify four more something we can’t achieve during UK summertime”.

RAF news article

posted on Mar, 10 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tommyjo

Never mind. The aircraft was probably in the area at the time. I am still not convinxed it could fly 9 missions until august 11 and not create any more reports, though.
edit on 10-3-2019 by beetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2019 by beetee because: Changed my post as sources place the aircraft at McChord at least on august 3rd.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am curious where Yellow Pine, Idaho fits on that map. Same time in August but several years before saw a similar object slow moving followed by a large plane headed due northwest past midnight...Just remember the loud thrumming of it. It was not an aircraft I was familiar with.
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoThu, 21 Mar 2019 12:25:38 -0500pm12America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage
As far as I can tell it would be right in the same flight path, slightly to the east.

Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

I have marked Yellow Pine, Idaho on the map in relation to the four sightings from 2017.

As you can see it fits pretty good with a flight path from Utah going North-West, although a little to the East of the reported sightings from August 2017.

Would be interested to know a more specific time frame for your sighting, if you can dig it up.

EDIT: I found a report from MUFON made about a sighting in the wilderness around the Yellow Pine area in 2003.

While alone on day 6 of a week long elk hunt in the remote idaho wilderness, at about 0200 hrs i was lying awake in my tent after sleeping for a while trying to get back to sleep. i was camped on top of a ridge about 500' above the majority of the terrain. as i was lying on my back i started to hear a hum to my left which was east down along the top of the ridge. this area is far from anyone else in the area and very remote so i was really trying to figure out what the hum was. it was low to my left not very high above me at all so i didn't think it was some kind of plane. it was gradually getting louder and very close. it was a low pitched pulsating hum and it actually scared me so i went completely in my sleeping bag trying to hide from it. i would estimate it was moving about 20-30 mph and only about 100' above me by the sound and how i could feel it. it was directly above me not changing speed and it kept following the top of the ridge moving at that steady speed and now going away from me to the right and in a west direction. i had a feeling that i couldn't move or it would find me so i kept very still and hidden in my sleeping bag not even breathing. eventually the hum got more quiet and and then got far enough away so i couldn't hear it. in 2003 i had been in the air force 20 years and i have never heard a plane or helicopter that sounded and felt even close to this. there were no lights that i was able to see through my tent as it approached a position above me but there could've been but i was hidden in my sleeping bag. i am very adventurous and daring and even had my rifle in the tent with me but this had me taking a position of hiding as something told me to fear it as it approached closer. now i wish i would've opened my tent and looked above me but maybe something didn't allow me to do that at the time. now i often think i did the right thing by hiding and maybe being completely in my sleeping bag prevented a heat signature that would've revealed me inside the tent. i had a feeling it was searching for something and something just told me to hide. this was 100% not a helicopter or anything that pushed air downward as it was a very calm and still night with no breeze at all. i would've felt any air being pushed down as i was in pine trees and there was no movement of the trees i could hear. this was a craft that was directly above me less than 100' up and moving much too slow to be a plane. it was definitely following the top of the ridge that went many hundreds of yards in a straight line before and after it passed over me. exact coordinates of my tent was 44.403408. -115.430168

Is this your sighting perhaps? If not it seems very similar, at least with regards to the sound.
edit on 22-3-2019 by beetee because: Added witness report about sighting from 2003

posted on Mar, 22 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Mine I believe was in 2009 and not reported. But yes very similar. Would make sense if it was a flight path of sorts but again it was low and fairly loud. Betting if you dig a bit you find someone in that area with similar experience or other reports.

Those areas along that path are fairly uninhabited as well.
edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoFri, 22 Mar 2019 14:33:05 -0500pm2America/Chicago by abeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join